The Student Room Group

US Sutton Trust Programme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by AspiringMedic8
It's weird because they were saying it was optional, but then saying you had to have a very good reason if you didn't submit the film...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :/ that's why I was quite confused.
Do you think it's too detrimental if you are longer than 5 minutes, *cough* *cough* 10 minutes?
Hey guys! I went on the trip last year and feel like I have a strong understanding of what they're looking for so if you need any opinions on your applications/advice feel free to PM me! :smile:
Original post by bookwormforlife
Hey guys! I went on the trip last year and feel like I have a strong understanding of what they're looking for so if you need any opinions on your applications/advice feel free to PM me! :smile:

Hey, do you think my application has been harmed a bit, because I went a bit over the top with 10 minutes instead of the 5 min time limit they set?
Would I be penalized for having a video that is longer than 6 minutes? Mine is currently at 7 minutes long.
The deadline is at the end of the day tomorrow, right?
Yeah!
I sent mine already :L
Mine is exactly 10.07 minutes, also, think it's a bit weird how some people have left it unlisted. So You can see other people's if you search US Sutton Trust up on YouTube.
What I can see is, this programme is female dominated. looks like us guys are a minority lol.
Original post by H.Ibrahim
Hey, do you think my application has been harmed a bit, because I went a bit over the top with 10 minutes instead of the 5 min time limit they set?

As long as you've said things worth mentioning I think and aren't just talking a load of waffle it should be fine :smile: You're demonstrating your deep interest in the programme. The worst they can do is not watch all of it.
Mine is exactly 10.07 minutes, also, think it's a bit weird how some people have left it unlisted. So You can see other people's if you search US Sutton Trust up on YouTube.
What I can see is, this programme is female dominated. looks like us guys are a minority lol.

Hopefully, since I think they try to make the programme 50/50 :colondollar:

What university did you choose?
Hopefully, since I think they try to make the programme 50/50 :colondollar:

What university did you choose?

Yeah gives us more of a chance aha xD. I went for Yale, which one did you choose?

Btw we are both prospective medics :wink:
Yeah gives us more of a chance aha xD. I went for Yale, which one did you choose?

Btw we are both prospective medics :wink:

It was to be one from the list, and I don't think Yale was on there :s-smilie:
It was to be one from the list, and I don't think Yale was on there :s-smilie:

Oh, I'm sure I went for the Yale one, but I could have made a mistake. :confused:

Which one did you go for?
Oh, I'm sure I went for the Yale one, but I could have made a mistake. :confused:

Which one did you go for?

I think I'm going for Duke :smile:
I think I'm going for Duke :smile:

Nice, I really hope we can make it!

btw are you applying for US med schools, or UK, or even both?
Nice, I really hope we can make it!

btw are you applying for US med schools, or UK, or even both?

UK med schools and US liberal arts colleges I think! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
UK med schools and US liberal arts colleges I think! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds awesome!:biggrin:

made any prep for UK med school admission, i.e. are you taking the UKCAT/BMAT?
That sounds awesome!:biggrin:

made any prep for UK med school admission, i.e. are you taking the UKCAT/BMAT?

Loads! Filling my application with work exp, volunteering, DofE, extra-curriculars.

I'm taking the UKCAT, but not the BMAT.

What about yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loads! Filling my application with work exp, volunteering, DofE, extra-curriculars.

I'm taking the UKCAT, but not the BMAT.

What about yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've been headhunting lots of places for volunteering, and E/C! I plan to take both UKCAT and BMAT (might as well try Cambridge:rolleyes:)
I'm soo nervous the exams are months away and UKCAT is looming towards us! IT's soo hard to understand the 600q book

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending