The Student Room Group

Ronaldinho or Messi in their primes?

0.jpg

Right so, I think we have seen Messi in his prime now. So who do you prefer.. Messi or Ronaldinho?

Personally, I prefer Ronaldinho, even though Messi is a goal scoring machine in his prime where everything he does is close to perfect, I found Ronaldinho so exciting to watch. I personally think Ronaldinho can do everything Messi can, and offer a lot more to the game in terms of skill

What do y'all think?

Scroll to see replies

Messi.

/thread
Ronaldinho was more unpredictable, spontaneous, gung ho and improvisational. Messi is more effective and more of a machine.

It's not close though, Ronaldinho wasn't consistent enough. Messi is a monster and superior in every aspect of attacking play other than stupid tricks that people can copy and post on Youtube.
Reply 3
Ronaldinho. Short prime but he was the best when he was at his prime.
Ronaldinho was a magical player in his prime. Amazing to watch and did things with the ball that others couldn't do and still can't do this day. However overall, I'd have to give to Messi. Messi is better in most aspects of the game and has been more consistent.

qua will probably be here sooner or later to give a detailed answer
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Cristiano.

U mad?
Reply 6
Just to add to my point:- Messi has had a lot more talent around him whilst being nurtured into the best. I know similar can be said about Ronaldinho but I think the Messi era barca side are a lot stronger than the Ronaldinho era barca side
Reply 7
Original post by Zürich
Cristiano.

U mad?

Not even the question maaaaaaan :damnmate:

But now that you raise the issue

Ronaldinho > Messi > Cristiano

Cristiano is maaaaaaad but Messi is better.. apart from this year that is :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Original post by SHOO
Not even the question maaaaaaan :damnmate:

But now that you raise the issue

Ronaldinho > Messi > Cristiano

Cristiano is maaaaaaad but Messi is better.. apart from this year that is :rolleyes:

Zidane>>>>Ronaldinho bro
Reply 9
Original post by Zürich
Zidane>>>>Ronaldinho bro

Ah man. I gotta agree there. Zidane = all time beast

Butt the question iss Ronaldinho in his prime vs Messi in his prime Geezy
Original post by SHOO
Ah man. I gotta agree there. Zidane = all time beast

Butt the question iss Ronaldinho in his prime vs Messi in his prime Geezy

Messi for me. Ronaldonho at his best was up there but he was inconsistent and his career at the top was relatively short
Reply 11
Original post by Zürich
Messi for me. Ronaldonho at his best was up there but he was inconsistent and his career at the top was relatively short

Whilst we're at it, iniesta or pirlo?
Ronaldinho was a great player but it's fair to say Messi will become one of the greatest players ever and for that reason I'm going him
Out of those two? Messi.

Out of the four mentioned by other posters? Zidane.

1. Zidane
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. Messi
4. Ronaldinho

Zidane was just magic.
Original post by SHOO
Whilst we're at it, iniesta or pirlo?

Iniesta by a country mile for me, Pirlo benefiting from being underrated in England for most of his career. People now overcompensating. Surely Xavi/Scholes v Pirlo is the more natural comparison though? Xavi is the best of those 3.
Reply 15
Original post by Zürich
Iniesta by a country mile for me, Pirlo benefiting from being underrated in England for most of his career. People now overcompensating. Surely Xavi/Scholes v Pirlo is the more natural comparison though? Xavi is the best of those 3.

Defo, thank goodness you agree. Iniesta is absolutely amazing - my friend thinks otherwise which is why I just had to ask.

And yeah, sometimes we forget that the xavi that we watch today is 30+. When he was in his 20s.. DAMN
Reply 16
Original post by Heeee
Ronaldinho. Short prime but he was the best when he was at his prime.

This.

Although Ronaldinho's prime lasted only 2 years, its fair to say that during those 2 years, he's the best thing to have ever come out of football. The whole world would just stop and stare to see what he'd do next :biggrin:
Football hipsters out in force. Messi is the greatest of all time. End of.
Reply 18
Ronaldinho, easily one of the best players ever, his skills and duppying were entertaining
/thread
How is Zidane better than Messi?

Latest