The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I somehow managed to not post anything here for a week... don't know why, my electricity and internet are both fine, and it's not as though I've not been watching anime and reading manga. :p:

I've finished most of what I was watching this season (Kill la Kill, Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shítai! Ren, Noragami, Space Brothers - didn't see that one coming :zomg:, Golden Time, Hamatora, Samurai Flamenco, Witch Craft Works and Phi Brain S3) - thoughts will be on my blog tomorrow if all goes well. Shame to see most of those series end, but with so many interesting new ones lined up for next season, having all these spaces in my watching list in need of filling up is far from a bad thing. :biggrin:

Similarly to Aiko, I've taken this quiet inter-season period as an opportunity to get up to date with shows I've not been watching weekly... though in my case it was only the ones I dropped mid-season, Space Dandy and Nobunagun. Now that I've caught up with them, all I can say is that I definitely made the right decision dropping them when I did - their second halves were bearable when marathoned, but certainly nothing special. I've still got their final episodes to come, as well.

Space Dandy and Nobunagun seem like Top 50 material in comparison to another show I'm currently forcing myself through though - Hidan no Aria. IT IS TERRIBLE. :mad: I would have definitely dropped it by now if I wasn't watching it on DVD... my rule is that if I've paid money for a series, I will finish it. Yet another J.C. Staff anime featuring a tsundere loli voiced by Kugimiya Rie, with some half-assed action/fantasy premise to disguise the fact that it's just a painful ecchi harem-fest. The plot sucks, the comedy isn't funny, and it doesn't even have the high animation quality that other similar J.C. Staff shows have going for them (not that nice animation alone would change my opinion on it). At least it's short. :s:

Manga-wise, the vast majority of what I read is still on Kindle, either bought or scanlated. In addition to Elemental Gelade (nowhere near as good as I remember it being when I first read it circa 2008 :s:) and Freesia (very good) which I mentioned before, I've picked up Oedo wa Nemuranai! (strange pacing, but interesting characters and an intriguing plot) and am hoping to start Sakura-Gari later today. :smile:

I wish I had dropped chunni because they fuxking killed that show this season.

Also I'm just waiting for exams to finish and by then there's should be like 8 episodes of fairy tail aired to watch :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Numan786
I wish I had dropped chunni because they fuxking killed that show this season.

Meh, I definitely preferred the first season (more fun 'battle' scenes :p:), but personally I'd still rate Chuunibyou Ren one of the best new series of the Winter season. It's close between that and Love Song of a Certain Pilot for me. :yes:

On to the Spring season, though... the first eps of Akuma no Riddle and WIXOSS should be out later! :excited: I've already got Majin Bone downloaded, but can't see that making my list for the season. :nah:
Got together with a few friends last night and watched a chunk of anime :tongue:
*8 episodes of Gurren Lagann
*1 episode of Space Dandy
*5 episodes of Ben-To

Ben-To was quite good actually so I may end up watching it :smile:
those bentos in Ben-To look so damn good :sogood: :coma: :drool: might watch it again just for those bento scenes :dice:

havent really been watching much anime lately, been playing Virtue's Last Reward instead :ninja:

ahh i did finish Chuuni Ren, not as good as the first season especially the ending but still enjoyed it a lot :yep:
Hey y'all.
flou_fboco2
x
(edited 10 years ago)
hey kero
watched anything good lately?
I'm (impatiently) waiting for WIXOSS to download so I can make a start on the new anime season. :excited: I just hope it's as good as the trailer makes it out to be.

Reply 6668
I'm (impatiently) waiting for WIXOSS to download so I can make a start on the new anime season. :excited: I just hope it's as good as the trailer makes it out to be.

Off to a fairly interesting start. Got the over all impression that it was a bit of a weird mash-up of Angelic Layer, [C], Madoka Magica, Rozen Maiden and Yu Gi Oh. Will be checking out another few episodes to see how much drama Okada manages to inject into it.
Original post by flou_fboco2
hey kero
watched anything good lately?

Been waiting till next weekend after I get the first wave of Easter revision out of the way.
Original post by caraniel
Off to a fairly interesting start. Got the over all impression that it was a bit of a weird mash-up of Angelic Layer, [C], Madoka Magica, Rozen Maiden and Yu Gi Oh. Will be checking out another few episodes to see how much drama Okada manages to inject into it.

Looks interesting.
Reply 6671
Currently reading a manga called Monster. It's very compelling.
Original post by miser

Is that the one about the Dr?
Reply 6673
Original post by keromedic
Is that the one about the Dr?

That's right. Dr Tenma, a Japanese surgeon living in Germany who gets embroiled in a deep conspiracy.
Original post by miser

That's a series I'd very much like to own, if I had the shelf space, and if the out of print volumes didn't cost so much...

[EDIT] Wait, it's getting re-released in omnibus format? That solves one issue at least. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6675
That's a series I'd very much like to own, if I had the shelf space, and if the out of print volumes didn't cost so much...

Me too. I don't own any manga but I've read quite a lot. If I owned it all I've no idea where I'd put it.
Original post by miser
Me too. I don't own any manga but I've read quite a lot. If I owned it all I've no idea where I'd put it.

My problem is that I own too much, pretty much all the manga I read between 2005 and last year was volumes I bought, and the collection has outgrown my bedroom. :redface: I'm sticking to emanga on Kindle now. :p:

*wonders whether Viz will release the Monster omnibuses on Kindle, as they have for a lot of their recent stuff* :beard:
Reply 6677
My problem is that I own too much, pretty much all the manga I read between 2005 and last year was volumes I bought, and the collection has outgrown my bedroom. :redface: I'm sticking to emanga on Kindle now. :p:

*wonders whether Viz will release the Monster omnibuses on Kindle, as they have for a lot of their recent stuff* :beard:

I was considering getting an iPad, since I think it would work great as a manga reader. But then again it seems like a lot of money to justify for manga I read anyway. :tongue:
Original post by miser
I was considering getting an iPad, since I think it would work great as a manga reader. But then again it seems like a lot of money to justify for manga I read anyway. :tongue:

Kindle like me
Reply 6679
Original post by keromedic
Kindle like me

I have a kindle and I tried it for reading manga, but I found it to be a bit of a hassle. Having said that, there now seems to be a decent selection of manga available for kindle.

Latest