The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth University accommodation

Hey,

Just wanted to know the best place to live in Portsmouth for first years.
Not catered and close to the clubs and city centre as possible.

Thanks alot
Reply 1
I'm look for the same thing apparently guildhall halls are the best. The are near everything and only a bus ride to the beach.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
As somebody that was born, bred and raised in portsmouth I can safely advise you to do this when choosing where to live in Portsmouth.
Don't live in Portsmouth.
Original post by tammzy
I'm look for the same thing apparently guildhall halls are the best. The are near everything and only a bus ride to the beach.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im studying Psychology and Crimonology, is Guildhall near the main lecture halls? Thanks.
Reply 4
Trafalgar is the best halls in terms of location and how nice the flats are. It's self catered, and the views are nice from the higher floors.
Reply 5
Original post by Thomas Sessions
Im studying Psychology and Crimonology, is Guildhall near the main lecture halls? Thanks.

I'm doing interior design and guildhall halls are near every thing(lecture halls, bars,ect)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tammzy
I'm doing interior design and guildhall halls are near every thing(lecture halls, bars,ect)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome, thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 7

No probs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Let me know when you find out which hall your in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tammzy
Let me know when you find out which hall your in

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think im going to go for Guild Hall in the end, have you already applied for yours? Im just waiting for the accomodation pack to apply.
Reply 10
I applied Tuesday about 20 minutes after I received my accommodation pack

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I'd say the order of best>worst goes Harry Law>Trafalgar>Margaret Rule>James Watson>Bateson>Rees/Burrell (they're catered but you don't have to get a busride to lectures like Langstone)>Langstone(only upside is if you're joining a sport society you're close to the fields).

I'm in James Watson at the minute, great for getting up with 10 minutes until lectures start and still being on time, not great for being so close to the clubs that you can't sleep thanks to the bass and having a building site across the road.
Reply 12
I've applied for Guildhall. Can't wait to be almost literally above the bars!
Original post by Dr Pesto
Trafalgar is the best halls in terms of location and how nice the flats are. It's self catered, and the views are nice from the higher floors.

I agree.Trafalgar is a great choise from the personal experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending