The Student Room Group

Mature student : halls

Can mature students stay in halls? It was what i was hoping.
We have a handful of mature students in my halls
Hi @Ltm91

I was offered halls when I joined Uni at 34 and believe that mature students are offered the same as any student if they would like to live in halls. If you want to be 100% sure, you could also ways make contact with the housing team for the university you would like to attend.

I hope this helps

Luke - Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi @Ltm91 :smile:

I was a mature student when I started my degree and I stayed in halls, I had a lovely time!

I went to the University of Suffolk and stayed in Athena Hall. It was great because I could apply and stay for each year of my degree if I wanted, so I didn't need to find a shared house or alternative accommodation. I know this isn't the case for all accommodation providers, and it's always best to check with the halls themselves or ask your uni's housing team :smile:

Hope that helps,

Amy
PhD student
University of Suffolk Official rep

Original post by Ltm91
Do you think there's an age limit to staying in halls or is it okay whatever your age?
Hey

I was a mature student when starting my degree and lived in halls my first year ( Started at 26) I had the best time and met lots of other mature students.

I am not sure about other Universities but I know at York St John University we have dedicated accommodation for mature students. Although students can apply to any of the halls. I personally opted to stay in the mature student accommodation

I would make contact with the Universities you are interested in and see what they offer :smile:

Rebecca York St John University Student Rep
Reply 6
I'm in my forties, living in private student halls. There is no reason why they wouldn't accept a mature student. But the uni will prioritise needs of the students. If you are a mature student with a disability, and/or living far away, you would be prioritised over a local student with no particular needs, whatever their age for example.
Original post by Ltm91

Hi there,

As far as I am aware yes they can. I know alot of mature students on my course who stayed in halls. If you want to be completely sure as I am not sure if this changes based on university, you could contact the accommodation teams at the uni you are applying to

I hope this helps,

Ellen
Y4 medical student
Uni of sunderland

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending