The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Yep! :biggrin:

AH YEAH! Have you been following it from part 1 and 2?
Original post by IchigoKurosaki
AH YEAH! Have you been following it from part 1 and 2?

Yeah, I don't like jumping into series/franchises part-way through if I can help it. The first TV series was great, and Stardust Crusaders is one of the best shows this season IMO. :biggrin:

The only JoJo anime I haven't watched is the 2000 OVA, but that's probably unnecessary now since it also covers Part 3. :p:
Yeah, I don't like jumping into series/franchises part-way through if I can help it. The first TV series was great, and Stardust Crusaders is one of the best shows this season IMO. :biggrin:

The only JoJo anime I haven't watched is the 2000 OVA, but that's probably unnecessary now since it also covers Part 3. :p:

Nice! Yeah, part 1 and 2 are just FANTASTIC!

The 2000 OVA isn't that good, it's got nothing on the current one!
Still replacing my 'archived' anime files with the best quality versions I can find - definitely worth it, though I'll have to remember to leave some space for anime from future seasons. :o:

I was taking some comparison screenshots of Maria+Holic's TV and BD rips, having chosen a scene completely at random... and now I almost want to watch both versions alongside each other and play 'spot the difference'. :giggle: I'd heard SHAFT were particularly notorious for 'fixing' episodes for BD/DVD release, so I do wonder whether I just got lucky, or whether you're more likely to find an edited scene than one that's been left alone. :p:

TV

BD

(edited 9 years ago)
Been watching Log Horizon and absolutely love it. Initially thought it was just going to be another big dumb fun MMORPG anime but it really elevated itself with all the politics/economics/negotiations. Watched 13 episodes so far so still have 12 to go & apparently it has a second season coming up so that's awesome.
Reply 6785
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Been watching Log Horizon and absolutely love it. Initially thought it was just going to be another big dumb fun MMORPG anime but it really elevated itself with all the politics/economics/negotiations. Watched 13 episodes so far so still have 12 to go & apparently it has a second season coming up so that's awesome.

Yeah, it's a good show. Lots of glasses-pushing. A friend of mine said it was 'more a story in an MMO than a story about an MMO'. The second season is due this autumn.
(edited 9 years ago)

I was just thinking about how much of a train wreck SA:O was.
massively enjoying ping pong!, chaika, black bullet, ngnl, jojo and captain earth this season and the next one appears to be shaping up to be fairly decent as well. 2014 is a good year to be alive.
Reply 6788
Selector Infected WIXOSS has turned out to be a lot better than I was expecting. There's this underlying feeling that's rather unsettling, bordering on sinister. It keeps you on your toes and continues to magnify with each episode. The revelation in episode 5 was particularly harrowing.

In a way, it's similar to Puella Magi Madoka Magica in that it uses a common genre of anime and turns it on its head. Normally, these game based anime are lighthearted, but that's definitely not the case here.
(edited 9 years ago)
HD-remastered Nadia: Secret Of Blue Water. :coma: I might actually have to rewatch some of these series, though if I do, I'll be skipping the island arc. :yucky:

Started the manga series Magnolia earlier. Nothing special so far, but the first volume had its fun moments. I like that each volume contains an extra chapter, telling the same story from one of the other major character's (Lily's) perspective, though it did end up a little repetitive in places. Means I get to mark two series for the price of one as read on A-P, though. :p:

I've also now got the final volume of Psyren to read - I'm not expecting a lot from the finale, as it hasn't left itself many chapters to wrap things up, but we'll see.

I had hoped to resume one of my long stalled series to replace Psyren afterwards, possibly either Maria+Holic or Keroro Gunsou (both on hold since Tokyopop went bust)... but it seems that neither is being scanlated. :s: I'll probably end up going with Ansatsu Kyoushítsu instead, because the synopsis appeals to me a lot. Should hopefully prove more interesting than this season's assassin school anime Akuma no Riddle has so far, at least.
(edited 9 years ago)
Finished Golden Time & Log Horizon. Thought Golden Time had a decent wrap up & Log Horizon had a good balance of concluding season 1 and teasing season 2. Wouldn't have been less happy if season 2 hadn't already been announced!
Well guys, I am ashamed to say I have only had time to watch 1 anime series in the last 2-3 weeks. :sad:

That anime series was Another and was pretty good imo. =)
Last exam is Friday and so, will then have more free time for anime again! =D
Finished Golden Time & Log Horizon. Thought Golden Time had a decent wrap up & Log Horizon had a good balance of concluding season 1 and teasing season 2. Wouldn't have been less happy if season 2 hadn't already been announced!

When I was watching Log Horizon, I couldn't help but think "OMG noob tank can't keep aggro" LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finished watching Sherlock Hound (about time really, I bought the DVD box set at least two years ago!) Despite being episodic, repetitive and dubbed, as well as obviously being aimed at younger audiences, I found it surprisingly enjoyable. You can tell it was directed by Miyazaki, it looked and felt very Ghibli, if that makes sense. :p: Production values weren't as high though, of course.

Replacing that will be The Third; this series has been on my want to watch list even longer than Sherlock Hound, I got the files from the then-president of Aberanime in 2011. Though now that I've become obsessed with maxing the quality of my anime, I won't even be watching those files, as I've found a better quality DVD rip. :giggle:
:tumble:

I've already asked on Facebook and on my blog, but may as well get some more opinions here: I've got tomorrow off from work, and plan to watch the 2nd and 3rd eps of a few of the new Spring series I initially skipped over, but I probably won't have time for everything. Are there any series in particular that anybody would recommend? Here's what I'm already watching. :smile:
I'll probably end up going with Ansatsu Kyoushítsu instead, because the synopsis appeals to me a lot. Should hopefully prove more interesting than this season's assassin school anime Akuma no Riddle has so far, at least.

Viz are releasing Assassination Classroom in December although by then they'll be about 12 volumes behind Japan. I think they've licensed pretty much all of Jump's current successful series except the sports ones now (Kuroko & Haikyuu).
Reply 6796
Original post by Scienceisgood
Well guys, I am ashamed to say I have only had time to watch 1 anime series in the last 2-3 weeks. :sad:

That anime series was Another and was pretty good imo. =)
Last exam is Friday and so, will then have more free time for anime again! =D

'Another' was fantastic to watch 8).You should watch 'Higurashi no naku koro ni' 8)

:tumble:

I've already asked on Facebook and on my blog, but may as well get some more opinions here: I've got tomorrow off from work, and plan to watch the 2nd and 3rd eps of a few of the new Spring series I initially skipped over, but I probably won't have time for everything. Are there any series in particular that anybody would recommend? Here's what I'm already watching. :smile:

Looks like you've seen A LOT of animes XD. Could you recommend me some psychological, horror, action, supernatural anime and comedy anime :smile:. No cheesy, lovey dovey ones XD.
Viz are releasing Assassination Classroom in December although by then they'll be about 12 volumes behind Japan. I think they've licensed pretty much all of Jump's current successful series except the sports ones now (Kuroko & Haikyuu).

Thanks for the heads up! I prefer to buy series if they're available licensed, so I'll wait. Chances are it'll be available on Kindle if Viz are the ones releasing it. :biggrin:
Original post by Lt93
Looks like you've seen A LOT of animes XD. Could you recommend me some psychological, horror, action, supernatural anime and comedy anime :smile:. No cheesy, lovey dovey ones XD.

Certainly! I don't know what you've seen already, but here's a few suggestions. :smile:

Elfen Lied

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Shiki

Mirai Nikki

Steins;Gate

Welcome to the NHK!

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Blue Gender

Nichijou

Baccano!

Hope something there takes your interest!
Original post by Lt93
'Another' was fantastic to watch 8).You should watch 'Higurashi no naku koro ni' 8)

I have seen all of the higurashi series. =)

Latest