The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 and C3 15th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryanroks1
I think the majority of people on here discussing the exam are A or A* candidates, but obviously this isn't always the case. You have to remember the thousands of other candidates who also sat the exam who aren't busy discussing it right now. People who like to discuss are typically those who care about their grades. :smile:

Yeah, that makes sense, particularly the last sentence. It's just in my school, I'd say 3/4 people will get higher than a B in (Triple) science yet on here everyone seems to be geniuses (comparitevely) :tongue:
Original post by TheStudent2001
I think it's because the layers in of nanotubes are able to slide over each other, meaning they are soft and slippery, which is what lubricants are.

It was another saucy question from AQA if you ask me

Omg that didn't even cross my mind! Is it because its structure was similar to graphine and graphine can do that because of only having 3 covalent bonds? So the layers can slip past.
Haha thank you for telling me, but now I'm frustrated I didn't realise. Ah only 2 marks.

I couldn't agree more :rolleyes:
AQA always pull saucy stunts like this!
Original post by AlphaNick
I wasn't I just couldn't understand what other people were doing and it was making my head spin :s-smilie: I didn't mean it offensively

It seems you're simple minded and get confused by the smallest of sums. Don't worry Nick, you got the correct answer, eventually!
Original post by Kiytt
Best of luck! Geographer myself, and by the sounds of it, history is a toughie :[

I literally began revising for C2 and C3 last night. Throughout the exam I was on the verge of tears, felt like I knew nothing. I even left out a couple of questions in C2 because I ran out of time.

Despite guessing 60% of the answers on both papers, according to people who actually revised for it - my guesses were pretty spot on! Very fortunate this time.

Revision for P2 and P3, me-thinks.

Geography Human wasn't to bad I didn't think, you? Yeah History is a tough one, lots of facts although you can get a fair bit for elaborating for like a page on one tiny detail haha.

Surprisingly I really liked the papers today, feel as though my revision really payed off! Yeah I haven't started any physics at all, oh well we have the weekend! :smile:
Original post by Badcookie
This is really stupid but I drew the covalent bonding for oxygen in pencil and didn't go over it in pen..I wonder if I still get the mark because they HEAVILY EMPHASIS you should write in black pen..:confused:

Omg I didn't go over it either!!!! I just always thought diagrams were supposed to be in pencil ahhhhhhh :eek:
I wasn't I just couldn't understand what other people were doing and it was making my head spin :s-smilie: I didn't mean it offensively

Okay haha fair enough sorry, just seemed like you were being offensive 😁
Everyone's methods for that MgO question are so untidy.

It is literally just 1.2 * (40 / 24)

As long as people got there in the end :smile:
I got 1.7865 for the titration calculations :/, I mixed up the concentrations of the acid and alkali and substituted them in the order they were given to me
Physics next... my least favourite out of the three sciences. :frown:
Original post by CurleysWife
Physics next... my least favourite out of the three sciences. :frown:

Ditto mygcsescience here i come!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh nicky boy! :biggrin:
Original post by Siddhart1998
If I had to guess the grade boundaries I would say it would be 48+ for unit 2 and for unit 3 about 50+ for an a*
So I think u would get a high A but u never know ;

They were easier than last year's paper which required 44+ for an a*

Yes, but we have linear specifications for these exams for the first time in years (or ever, I don't know). Basically we're under a lot more pressure because we have to do all our exams at the end, so grade boundaries should probably stay the same regardless whether it was easy or not.

It wasn't a walk in a park for me but it certainly went a lot better than B2.
Physics is the science I do best in, in mocks so I'm not feeling too worried. Lots of revising this weekend though!
Original post by Patrick2810
everyone on this forum seem to be A* students :O :O

Ikr and id be happy with just a B :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone remember the number of marks for the Oxygen covalent bond question?

In a rush, put only 2 shared electrons in the middle and am trying to calculate how many marks I lost for certain.
wish i didnt have a PE exam tomorrow, and english tuesday so i could just revise physics solo :-( still have friday/sat/sun to mix physics and english revision. i thought physics is my strong suit, but after these chemistry exams, im not so sure :|
Original post by jshep000
seems good apart from this "
And before to make experiment more efficient I said put on a calorimeter to reduce heat loss and put the beaker closer to the flame?" they specifically said not to comment about anything to mark it more efficient :smile:

I think you misunderstood as I wrote it incorrectly, the second bit was in reference to the question before it when you were asked how to make the experiment better/more efficient I cant remember exactly what it said
Original post by 2014_GCSE
Physics is the science I do best in, in mocks so I'm not feeling too worried. Lots of revising this weekend though!

Aha you should have done the I gcse edexcel physics paper we did today.
I don't think anyone could have done well in that
Original post by Roadman
I think you misunderstood as I wrote it incorrectly, the second bit was in reference to the question before it when you were asked how to make the experiment better/more efficient I cant remember exactly what it said

ah i get you, if it was the question before, you are correct. keep a insulated lid, and an electronic thermometer for more accuracy yes. my bad!
for one of the answer was it
2NaO

Quick Reply

Latest