I think I put down Na2O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PointDexter
for one of the answer was it
2NaO

For what question and what exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PeacefulSniper
I got 1.7865 for the titration calculations :/, I mixed up the concentrations of the acid and alkali and substituted them in the order they were given to me

I did this and I know others who did too! I'm sure loads of people did! It was so frustrating I only noticed when I checked over my work but I don't know why they told us in that order :s-smilie:
yeah was defo na2o, you can just check via periodic table and find out lol... would never be 2nao because it wouldn't have full outer shells
Reply 745
I put (Na)2O..........is that ok, the 2 is small btw
Original post by melody19
I did this and I know others who did too! I'm sure loads of people did! It was so frustrating I only noticed when I checked over my work but I don't know why they told us in that order :s-smilie:

when i did the titration question, i got 0.2288 and when i checked it with my mates they got the same :confused:
Original post by molly1997h
when i did the titration question, i got 0.2288 and when i checked it with my mates they got the same :confused:

yeah 0.2288 is correct
Original post by molly1997h

That's the correct answer, no idea why it's getting debated so much. Majority of the people on here have agreed.
Yeah the answer is 100% Na2O :biggrin:
Reply 750
Original post by Siddhart1998
Aha you should have done the I gcse edexcel physics paper we did today.
I don't think anyone could have done well in that

Oh siddhart beta you poor chap
Original post by kelly_kelly
I think I put down Na2O

Posted from TSR Mobile

SURELY then it would be NaO2
But wasnt the reactants Na- and O2+ ?
Original post by jshep000
yeah 0.2288 is correct

On the Titration calculation Ch3hp U rounded to 0.23 is that okay? Thanks :smile:
Original post by GS98
I put (Na)2O..........is that ok, the 2 is small btw

I don't see why not?
I don't see why they would mark you down for that...
Although, brackets are generally used to multiply numbers inside, rather than the full compound, e.g. (Na3)4O rather than 3Na4O.

You have to balance the -ves and +ves out.
There were 2 +ves therefore, to get 2 -ves you need 2 Na's.
Therefore it's Na2O
In the 6 marker about calorimetry.. I wrote in bullet points as I was in a rush! How many marks will I lose? And did u have to include a risk assessment? I also circled the functional group of alcohol in pencil. Hope it's not a problem! Haha
Original post by ryanroks1
What reason could you have for the yield not being as much as expected?

Because reaction is reversible. So it works in both directions.

2 sodium atoms, each with 1 outer electron,
ionically bond with oxygen atom, 6 outer electrons - thus all 3 atoms gain full outer shells. :colone:
Reply 758
Original post by Kasim Awan
On the Titration calculation Ch3hp U rounded to 0.23 is that okay? Thanks :smile:

I rounded to 0.23 - it'll be fine, AQA are pretty lenient with rounding :smile:
Original post by Kirankhalsa
In the 6 marker about calorimetry.. I wrote in bullet points as I was in a rush! How many marks will I lose? And did u have to include a risk assessment? I also circled the functional group of alcohol in pencil. Hope it's not a problem! Haha

Possibly lose 1 - 2 marks as it was a QWC question and no, no risk assessment was necessary, only the method.
Circling the functional group in pencil doesn't matter, as long as its clear!

Quick Reply

Latest