The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 and C3 15th May

Scroll to see replies

For the 'why wasn't the actual yield gained' question on C2, do you think i'll get 'it was only the theoretical yield'?
Original post by harmingjuli
Nobody remembers?

3 marks I think
Reply 822
Original post by HeskeyLAD
Would 42 secure me an A? That's at worst considering the answers you guys are getting (C2).

42 would likely be an A. I've done numerous mocks at school and an A* was only like 46. So I'd guess an A could go to as low as like 39/40.
Reply 823
Original post by Finlay Coles
How is the modern periodic table arranged in terms of protons?

I wrote 'in periods'. Is this right?

I think you need to say that the number of protons increase
Original post by Cheekymonkey178
I
put because they have larger surface area to volume ration so there is more area exposed to the particles therefore it makes it faster where as the other one has bigger volume to surface area

Yea same. :smile:
Original post by XenonSabre
For the 'why wasn't the actual yield gained' question on C2, do you think i'll get 'it was only the theoretical yield'?

This is because it was a reversible reaction. All products react to form the original reactants. That is what I wrote xx
Reply 826
What did everyone put for the question on water filters (not sure if it was C2 or C3). It was like what substance in water filters removes scale?

I put sodium/hydrogen ions as an educated guess...
Original post by Kitty201322
which statement did you guys tick from the three boxes? was it the middle one?

Thinkk i did like how much caffiene is there in a drink?
Original post by FS97
...an A* was only like 46.

Only? Please stop demoralising me! xD
Lol it was in jan 2014 one :smile: that A* was 50/60
Anyways I flopped the half equations, the balancing the equation, the glass one and the 'how scientists can prove' this or watever
So angry now, cant believed I lost silly marks on these easy questions.
If I get everything else right ( low chance lol) then Ill most likely get a*
Also for the 'why wasn't the actual yield gained' I wrote incomplete reaction would i get the mark?
Also for the zinc sulfate (I think) the one with what is produced at the negative electrode I wrote zinc because it was molten and not in a solution so they is no H+ to be formed can anyone tell me if this is right please?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gcser
Was the first question on c3 about distillation? I wrote about filtering out solids like twigs and grit and then adding chlorine...was that completely wrong?

I think that is right because water does not get distilled as it is too expensive. Distilled water is only mainly used in labs xx
Original post by ImBallin
Yea same. :smile:

Ok so I bascually wrote
One of them has a larger surface area and so the frequency of collisions between particles will increase... Will this get me 2 marks do u think I kinda guessed lol
Reply 832
Original post by thedaniel98
distillation is the one when u heat that only works on soft water, adding chlorine should get u a mark or two out of 4

Ok thanks. But isn't distillation done to soften water, not purify it? I thought the question was asking about purification of water from reservoirs
Original post by happy hippo
the second test was to prove that sulfate ions were present

no it was to test for hallides and yellow precipitate was formed which would make it iodide not bromide
Original post by damolaabiola
This is because it was a reversible reaction. All products react to form the original reactants. That is what I wrote xx

it can also be that the substance may be loast in handling and maybe left in the aparatus
Reply 835
Original post by damolaabiola
I think that is right because water does not get distilled as it is too expensive. Distilled water is only mainly used in labs xx

Ok thank you! Hopefully it's right xx
Reply 836
Original post by HeskeyLAD
Only? Please stop demoralising me! xD

Haha sorry, that was not intentional :wink:
Reply 837
Original post by MATHSPOW!!
Do you think 56 will be enough for 100ums biology was a disaster so I as need almost full marks...

56 will most likely smash 100 UMS!
Original post by Cheekymonkey178
Thinkk i did like how much caffiene is there in a drink?

Yeh the question was which statement could be tested by science and so only an investigation would enable you to find out how much caffeine is in a drink whereas the other statements were should caffeine be in drinks and how much caffeine should people consume which would be more down to personal choice I guess... You can't just tell someone what is right and wrong
Original post by gcser
56 will most likely smash 100 UMS!

Ah cause I basically made a list of all the marks I think I got and it's coming to like 56 I'm really good at predicting my marks was spot on last year haha... But aren't the boundaries gone be crazy high.. Ahhh I'm scared

Quick Reply

Latest