The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 and C3 15th May

Scroll to see replies

pls the titration was 0.2288 and the moles was -486kJ can we stop saying other results please for the love of god :frown:
What did you guys put for the nanoscience question about the link between the nanoparticles and the % bacteria killed? - Also does anyone know why nanotubes are good for lubricats ?;] Thanks!
Ooh and that question about why glass lowers the melting point??
In the B2 exam, what did you guys put for the reason that the substances spread in the column? I put because they have different retention times and dissolve at different rates... is that right?

Also for the three conclusions one on paper chromatography, I put that cola and fruit drink had one food colouring the same, cola had (forgot number, 3?) food colourings, fruit drink had (4?) food colourings... is that right?

EDIT: C2... wow lol.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by adallar01
What did you guys put for the nanoscience question about the link between the nanoparticles and the % bacteria killed? - Also does anyone know why nanotubes are good for lubricats ?;] Thanks!

Smaller nanoparticles kill more bacteria
Type 1 is more resistant

No idea, I just BSed about how the layers can slide over each other as they are not bonded, reducing friction :s-smilie: I know it was only one layer, but i couldn't think of anything else xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshua697
Would filtration be ok for the first C3 question? And in C2 for the percentage yield question I put not all the reactants may have reacted, would that be accepted??

I've put because the reaction is reversible ;x I'm not sure too, let's hope for the best! :]:smile:
Original post by CurleysWife
In the B2 exam, what did you guys put for the reason that the substances spread in the column? I put because they have different retention times and dissolve at different rates... is that right?

IDK; I put the gases travel at different speeds.
You lot are the most stupid bunch of duckers ive ever heard. You best get the duck of here and revise for your physics
Original post by micycle
IDK; I put the gases travel at different speeds.

Put this as well, was only 1 mark IIRC so it can't have needed that much (remember doing that Q in a past paper as well :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshua697
Would filtration be ok for the first C3 question? And in C2 for the percentage yield question I put not all the reactants may have reacted, would that be accepted??

I've put the reaction is reversible ;x I'm not sure too, let's hope for the best! :]:smile:
Original post by majmuh24
Type 1 is more resistant

No idea, I just BSed about how the layers can slide over each other as they are not bonded, reducing friction :s-smilie: I know it was only one layer, but i couldn't think of anything else xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I put similar to this, but type 1 was less resistant as a higher percentage of it got killed with the nano-particles... I think :/
Original post by majmuh24
Type 1 is more resistant

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly what I put for the bacteria question, literally exact same lol.

The nanotube lubricant one confused me, it only had one layer, so I just mentioned about only 3 covalent bonds, much like graphite, and graphite is slippery, therefore the nanotube is... lol!
I said that the compounds have different levels of attraction to substances in the column, and so some have different retention times as they are more/less attracted to the materials.
Original post by sayumaya
I said that the compounds have different levels of attraction to substances in the column, and so some have different retention times as they are more/less attracted to the materials.

What about the three conclusions?, paper chromotography
Here's a list of All questions and the marks... 99.9% sure these are completely correct haha :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1015
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but the titration question was for sure 0.2288.

The way the question asked it made it look like the concentration was for the acid when in fact it was for the Sodium Hydroxide which is where a lot of people slipped up...
6803003d-e0d7-400f-b881-f6fdf4988485.png
Original post by micycle

Original post by micycle

yes I said the different compounds in the mixture travel at different speeds through the column that's the same thingy Haha... I hope
Original post by CurleysWife
Physics next... my least favourite out of the three sciences. :frown:

Why, its not that bad :smile:
Original post by MATHSPOW!!
Here's a list of All questions and the marks... 99.9% sure these are completely correct haha :smile:

You missed the gas chromatography question, about why the substances separate in the column.

Quick Reply

Latest