The Student Room Group

OCR World History B British Depth Study 1890-1918 May 23rd 2014

My teacher predicted Suffragists and Suffragettes.
It's a bit of a gamble. They used to be predictable - but if I'm correct I think Liberal Reforms came up twice unexpectedly when no one expected it.
Reply 2
Original post by thechineeseone
It's a bit of a gamble. They used to be predictable - but if I'm correct I think Liberal Reforms came up twice unexpectedly when no one expected it.

I think that it will be suffragettes and suffragists.
If it said how far do you think the suffragettes' actions won the vote? Would you talk about that, then the suffragists and then the war?
Original post by gcse1998
I think that it will be suffragettes and suffragists.
If it said how far do you think the suffragettes' actions won the vote? Would you talk about that, then the suffragists and then the war?

Since it's the source paper - I would discuss the sources so that would mean dividing the sources into "did help to win" and "didn't help to win". I would pick a few from each side depending on time constraints and then evaluate two of them to gain the 2 marks for evaluation.

I don't think it will ever ask you just "how far", they will give a "how far do these sources" in my experience. :smile:
Reply 4
Since it's the source paper - I would discuss the sources so that would mean dividing the sources into "did help to win" and "didn't help to win". I would pick a few from each side depending on time constraints and then evaluate two of them to gain the 2 marks for evaluation.

I don't think it will ever ask you just "how far", they will give a "how far do these sources" in my experience. :smile:

Ahhh okay thank you! And also what do you say when it says compare how useful 2 sources are to a historian studying them?
Everyone thinks it's going to be Women :O
Original post by gcse1998
Ahhh okay thank you! And also what do you say when it says compare how useful 2 sources are to a historian studying them?

It really depends I'll be honest. If you could give an example, it'd be useful because there's a few variations of the term useful in these questions they give.

But if it was for me, I'd analyse both sources in terms of "useful" and "not useful". Useful often means giving a form of contextual knowledge. Non useful will often involve more sophisticated analysis of the text, e.g. provenance, tone, language. For example, Mrs. Bell, someone who opposes the Suffragette campaign, could be useful in telling us that the campaign was violent, e.g. smashing windows and acid on golf courses but not be useful in the fact that she is opposed to female suffrage and trying to write for a political agenda to turn people against them. (This answer would be of course longer if it was in the exam)

Hope this was of help!
Reply 7
It really depends I'll be honest. If you could give an example, it'd be useful because there's a few variations of the term useful in these questions they give.

But if it was for me, I'd analyse both sources in terms of "useful" and "not useful". Useful often means giving a form of contextual knowledge. Non useful will often involve more sophisticated analysis of the text, e.g. provenance, tone, language. For example, Mrs. Bell, someone who opposes the Suffragette campaign, could be useful in telling us that the campaign was violent, e.g. smashing windows and acid on golf courses but not be useful in the fact that she is opposed to female suffrage and trying to write for a political agenda to turn people against them. (This answer would be of course longer if it was in the exam)

Hope this was of help!

Ahh hess thank you that does help!
Reply 8
hi, was there a paper for this syllabus in jan 2014? or no :biggrin: if so, what was the topic on
Original post by js171
hi, was there a paper for this syllabus in jan 2014? or no :biggrin: if so, what was the topic on

No more Jan exams starting this year.

So the latest papers that teachers should have are June 2013.

Quick Reply

Latest