The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exam Question Predictions

Alright so my predictions for these exams are (ones Im doing)

To kill a mockingbird: The missionary circle - hypocrisy in maycomb

An inspector calls: Mr Birlings character Analysis

Relationship AQA poetry cluster: Ghazal and To his coy mistress

What do you think will come up?
Reply 1
hey! i agree that a character analysis of Mr. birling will come up and Ghazal and to his coy mistress will come up too but im really not sure on to kill a mockingbird!!://// I honestly have no idea, what made you think it was the missionairy circle?? xx
Reply 2
Original post by varsha27
hey! i agree that a character analysis of Mr. birling will come up and Ghazal and to his coy mistress will come up too but im really not sure on to kill a mockingbird!!://// I honestly have no idea, what made you think it was the missionairy circle?? xx

Honestly, for TKAM I am the least sure! But I noticed hypocrisy hasn't come up before so maybe its a possibility but it really could be anything so annoying!

Wish you the best of luck though

(sorry for the late reply)
Reply 3
If Birling's character analysis comes up I'll be over the moon!

Introduction: About him being a capitalist and the opportunity this opens up for Priestley to ridicule the Capitalist attitudes

Point 1: Naivety and Dramatic Irony of his wrong predictions

Point 2: Selfishness so we dislike him, disagree with his views

Point 3: Ambition 'I might be on the honours list' Ironic as he doesn't deserve It, reminds us the true meaning of honour

I think I can write a good answer about that, but not for any other character or theme. Is a character definitely oing to come up? I think it will be Eva or Birling, both are alright, the other characters are super difficult

OMAM I have no idea, I don't think it'll be Curley, but I don't know who else it could be
I'm doing exactly the same things as you :smile: I have a feeling that Calpurnia could come up in To Kill a Mockingbird, like the passage could be when Cal, Scout and Jem go to the church or when Calpurnia tells off Scout for being rude to Walter Cunnigham at the dinner table.. Just a suggestion, I don't really know :smile:
Reply 5
What would you write about curley? Apparently he's gonna come up, as predicted by 'Mr Bruff' (a youtube english teacher)
Original post by AlphaNick
This is golden, all of you going "yeah I definitely think that Curley will come up" "I agree, Mr Birling analysis is up next in line" ... seriously, you heard one English teacher's prediction and are praying that it will be correct.

Well, I guess on the bright side there may be low grade boundaries this year from many students assuming that Mr Bruff is right.

so wait you dont think he is right??
Reply 7
as a character for of mice and men, it is likely to be curley as he is the only character never to have been named. my english teacher is betting on him too. however, it could also be George, or Lennie, as they haven't come up as individual characters yet. it is only their relationship that has been a question. or, they could do the dream and not do a character, or they could do the shooting of Lennie. there really are lots of different possibilities, but i think curley or the dream are the most likely.

for an inspector calls, the most likely character is definitely mr. birling. i don't think they would do eva, and i really hope they don't because that would be hideous. they have never done the inspector's speech, so that is also likely to come up instead of a character. for themes, i don't think prejudice has ever come up. i'm thinking it will be mr. birling, but i'm not sure about the other choice
Reply 8
Original post by mickel_w
What would you write about curley? Apparently he's gonna come up, as predicted by 'Mr Bruff' (a youtube english teacher)

I guess it'd have to be about OMAM context in general rather than a specific context. You could write about his treatment of his wife, His loneliness due to everyone hating him and the American dream being dead in the 30's by his Boxing 'dream' although It was never referred to as a dream, being literally crushed by Lennie.
Reply 9
This is golden, all of you going "yeah I definitely think that Curley will come up" "I agree, Mr Birling analysis is up next in line" ... seriously, you heard one English teacher's prediction and are praying that it will be correct.

Well, I guess on the bright side there may be low grade boundaries this year from many students assuming that Mr Bruff is right.
You think there's a chance they'll repeat a character they've used before?
Original post by M_E_Rosie
I'm doing exactly the same things as you :smile: I have a feeling that Calpurnia could come up in To Kill a Mockingbird, like the passage could be when Cal, Scout and Jem go to the church or when Calpurnia tells off Scout for being rude to Walter Cunnigham at the dinner table.. Just a suggestion, I don't really know :smile:

I'm not studying TKAMB, but Calpurnia is my favourite character.
How about the crucible? Everyone is saying that John proctor may come up related to the theme of religion
Original post by krushali17
How about the crucible? Everyone is saying that John proctor may come up related to the theme of religion

no i am pretty sure it will be danforth or reputation seen as he cam up with elizabeth just last year....

You see, some people tend to focus exclusively on the characters predicted by this guy… But in fact you should revise all of them. I only asked about possible points for Curley as I was struggling to find many, and the fact that so many people are talking about this Mr Bruff's prediction just made me curious.

I'm not saying it will definitely be Curley or Mr Birling, in the end it's simply unpredictable and we're all just taking educated guesses.

Quick Reply

Latest