The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Coursework - 60 UMS, 30 marks, 20%

G491 - 90 UMS, 60 marks, 30%

G492 - 150 UMS, 100 marks, 50%

That is how it stacks up
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Round upwards even if it's 7.45... Just round up to 8 as it's the MINIMUM amount of bits and log(Vt/Vn) gives you the exact number of bits.

As for bandwidth it needs to be >> the maximum frequency(assume that 1 bit is carried on one wave and the Hz is the number of waves per second)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, so essentially the transmission rate of bits per second is equal to the bandwidth of waves per second
Reply 62
Panicing so much for this exam. Any quick tips/advice? Do you guys have any summary sheets on everything you need to know for this exam? I'm screwed, my memory is alkl over the place.
Reply 63
I really hope we have a nice question paper tomorrow - preferably questions I've revised.
Original post by Robbo54
I really hope we have a nice question paper tomorrow - preferably questions I've revised.

Probably won't be :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone else find the paper time constrained?
Original post by MasterOfTheSwag
Coursework - 60 UMS, 30 marks, 20%

G491 - 90 UMS, 60 marks, 30%

G492 - 150 UMS, 100 marks, 50%

That is how it stacks up

Ahh totally forgot about UMS. Thanks.

Original post by shloke123
Thanks, so essentially the transmission rate of bits per second is equal to the bandwidth of waves per second

Yes. But the textbook says that bandwidth is bit rate ÷ 2. Confusing.
Tomorrow Morning will be a bundle of joy.
I would try and have a brief look over the G492 Handout as both exams usually have something to do with them. So Batteries, Internal Resistance, And so on

For me it's always that first question with the SI units. Everything else i can sort of do to a certain degree but its them darn multiple choice questions.

However Using flash cards i now know them all! :P
Original post by Malkation
Tomorrow Morning will be a bundle of joy.
I would try and have a brief look over the G492 Handout as both exams usually have something to do with them. So Batteries, Internal Resistance, And so on

For me it's always that first question with the SI units. Everything else i can sort of do to a certain degree but its them darn multiple choice questions.

However Using flash cards i now know them all! :P

Both exams have something to do with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
When calulating max and min gradients using error bars (eg for uncertainty in young modulus), must the max and min lines pass through ALL error bars? thanks :smile:
no just g492
Goodluck tomorrow everyone! It'll be okay if we get a nice paper xD
Is response time the time taken for the sensor's reading to level off, or just to begin responding?
Original post by shloke123
does anyone else find the paper time constrained?

perfectly fine for me
Reply 74
Anyone know where one can obtain the G492 Advance Notice article online? I think I have misplaced mine.
Reply 75
Original post by Torto
Anyone know where one can obtain the G492 Advance Notice article online? I think I have misplaced mine.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/165500-unit-g492-advance-notice-june-2014.pdf
Reply 76
This should be fun with no revision, good luck everyone, I think we'll need it...
Reply 77
Good luck! I've been all over the place in past papers - 49 in some, 34 in others.... Just comes down to the paper
Good luck everyone! Let's do this!
Hardest exam ever.

Latest

Trending

Trending