The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I didn't know what to put for wood? What it talking about my wood or wood in general i played safe and went for 1g, but was thinking my wood would be closer to the 1x10^6 Kg
Reply 101
Original post by Mutleybm1996
10-6
It was in kg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although saying that - it would be 1g if it was x10^-3, which doesn't sound too far off an estimate for a raindrop?
Original post by Daniel Rundle
I didn't know what to put for wood? What it talking about my wood or wood in general i played safe and went for 1g, but was thinking my wood would be closer to the 1x10^6 Kg

If I did that again I wooden know what to put
don't worry even here in our Grammar school we all found the paper bullsh**. :smile:

Even the brightest people did...
I found it alright but tough in time, so if anyone did the pre last question can u explain it cause i got really confused there
THAT WAS THE HARDEST PAPER I HAVE EVER DONE :frown:
NONE OF THE PAST PAPERS WERE EVER THAT HARD :confused:
Graphene, QR Codes WTF
I'm so annoyed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhiteBerry.
don't worry even here in our Grammar school we all found the paper bullsh**. :smile:

Even the brightest people did...

Even the bright people? What are we you stuck up 'c u next tuesday'
Reply 107
Yeah I did it but half guessed it as was running out of time. I just worked out the length of v and then compared it with f as it said the v was basically f in the question before, which I found the v was 5% larger so I think it was right :/
Original post by Tom Price
Did anyone else find all the Graphene questions really difficult?

The mass? Yes!
Original post by Tom Price
Did anyone else find all the Graphene questions really difficult?

The graphene question was actually the easiest imo... :/ everyone in my school was saying it's difficult
Other than proving the first bit, which I was off by a factor of 10, I knew how to do the rest. It's a semi conductor so in PC's, motherboards as they need to switch between 0 and 1 constantly. Since a really small layer could hold 1 N it could be used in ships or stuff used to transport really heavy stuff. I got the other calculations very easily, although they weren't something I thought a PHYSICS exam would have. Seemed more Maths...
i had the second last question to be 4.76 then 5% of that added on made it 4.996mm did anyone else get anything similar?
Reply 111
I said graphene could be used in mobile phone touchscreens and bullet proof vests, what did everyone else put?
Original post by Daniel Rundle
Even the bright people? What are we you stuck up 'c u next tuesday'

I wasn't referring to myself, nor did I mean to classify people as smart or dumb. All I meant was even people that have 10 A*'s are GCSE's, constantly achieving top results in all the tests, found it really difficult.
That paper was absolute bull****

From asking questions about what 'hard' means in 2013 to that....whatever the hell that was....
Reply 114
What did everyone think about the graphite masses one where you have to convert it to m3 and work out the mass?
Original post by urz13
I said graphene could be used in mobile phone touchscreens and bullet proof vests, what did everyone else put?

I also put bullet proof vests!
Original post by Jmt1996
What did everyone think about the graphite masses one where you have to convert it to m3 and work out the mass?

You mean to work out the density and compare it? (m^3)
I've done most past papers, this one was easily the hardest by a long way! It was really frustrating that there were no questions regarding young's modulus or about the ductility of metal (non-directional bonding, free electrons).

Can anyone tell me what they put for the lens questions, did you work out the value for V or use a different formula? Thanks!

Also if anyone has any ideas, how far can the grade boundaries be pushed down, since last year it was 46 for an A.
Original post by WhiteBerry.
I wasn't referring to myself, nor did I mean to classify people as smart or dumb. All I meant was even people that have 10 A*'s are GCSE's, constantly achieving top results in all the tests, found it really difficult.

bet my penis is bigger than yours
How did you guys work out the first part of the graphene question where you have to show that the mass of a single layer of graphene = something x 10^-6

Latest

Trending

Trending