The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZahraP
Hey

You're not the the only one :smile:
How are you finding the electricity section i think its the part where i'm gna struggle in the exam :s-smilie:

Original post by H0PEL3SS
Bits and pieces of it, definitely. But, as I'm also taking M1, G492 isn't as difficult.

Original post by HappyCheesecake
I haven't started G491 yet :colondollar: but I've had a look at G492. Doing M1 helps with that.

What do you think of the Advanced notice paper?

Original post by Kuna9613
Help please! I'm stuck on question 5 of this paper:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/61672-question-paper-unit-g491-physics-in-action.pdf

The mark scheme answer is (at least 12 x 103 x 11 ) =1.3(2) x 105 (bit s-1) - But i don't know where to get the 103 from!

Many thanks

Original post by ZahraP
Rate of transmission of a digital signal (bits per second)= sample per second x bits per sample

Therefore it should be 12x10^3x11 which equals 132000, this is accepted by the mark scheme.

I have no idea where the have got 103 from though :s-smilie:

Original post by stupendousp
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/144795-question-paper-unit-g491-01-physics-in-action.pdf

can someone please explain how to do 10. c) i), the mark scheme is useless

Original post by Knowing
I think the markscheme means 10^3 (10 cubed = 1000) - because the sampling rate is 12kHz (12,000 Hz) - so thats where the "103" or "10^3" came from :smile:

Original post by kobobo
The grade boundaries are becoming ridiculous. In Jan 2010 the grade boundaries for an A was 36 and now it is like 45 for an A! I don't think the exams have got any easier through out the years so why have they increased the grade boundaries!?

See the poll above
Can someone post the paper and answers please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james-aitken
Our teacher emailed out the paper today with the answers, so if you would like any please ask!

Yes please!

Thank you very much!

:smile:
Original post by champion1
Yes please!

Thank you very much!

He's only allowing certain questions not the whole paper >:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone actually post the entire markscheme/paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi - to all those who haven't already answered, please could you answer this poll on raw marks needed for Full UMS on G491?
Thanks
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2686534
Reply 546
Original post by james-aitken
Our teacher emailed out the paper today with the answers, so if you would like any please ask!

Yes please!
Original post by DomStaff
I have a feeling you are taking OCR MEI, no? I am just normal OCR, because I don't remember any question like that.

Nope, C1-2 and S1 for core maths, FP1 D1 D2 for further maths.

I presume you're doing that ^, what you just said to me. The physics paper was a joke! Went through it with my teacher to confirm and we think I'm in the region 50-54/60 :/, not good.

Oh ok, different ocr course... Ah never mind then! :smile: the decision modules look so scary! I'm glad I'm not taking them! I'd never survive...

I think that will probably be 100 ums to be honest... I think the grade a will be about 50% since it has gone as low as 34/60 previously and that paper was harder..?
Original post by Rizi0808
Oh ok, different ocr course... Ah never mind then! :smile: the decision modules look so scary! I'm glad I'm not taking them! I'd never survive...

I think that will probably be 100 ums to be honest... I think the grade a will be about 50% since it has gone as low as 34/60 previously and that paper was harder..?

They aren't challenging mentally but are both boring and easy to make mistakes. They test your ability to manage your time and follow simple instructions (that you learn beforehand), usually each paper has 6 marks where you really need to think, the majority is routine.

I would not recommend them.

I'm hoping it is as my teacher and I said I would get it all year, if only it had been ANY other paper. Indeed, however the spec is getting older so there is more practice available now. What are you expecting?
My teacher did the exam with answers and emailed it to us so we can see how we did but I can't upload on here but i could email it if anyone really wants it?
Original post by aasdfghjkl
My teacher did the exam with answers and emailed it to us so we can see how we did but I can't upload on here but i could email it if anyone really wants it?

Yes please. I have messaged you my email address.

Thanks!

I would like it please, if it's not too much bother.
[email protected]

Yes please

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
What did everyone get? I think i got about 45 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't want to sound arrogant, but I think I definitely got above 50. I answered everything apart from the very last 3 marker. So it just depends on if my wordy answers are satisfactory, whether a raindrop is actually 10^-3 kg, and whether they'd accept 300 Hz instead of 250 Hz for the fundamental frequency question. Apart from those questions, I am quite confident.
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Everyone else seemed to find it hard and i made lots of stupid mistakes :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to do Physics at uni, so if I did do badly I would be very worried indeed. I think everybody found it very difficult. So I wouldn't worry about it, the grade boundaries will be forgiving I imagine.

All you can do is just move on and revise for your next exams.
52-54. The problem is it isn't fresh in my mind exactly what I put on the last question, so I'm not sure whether I got the same numbers or not on the last question. I.e. whether I will get method marks or the correct answer. Also, the weight of the raindrop, I also said 10^-3 like the answers, but my teacher said 10^-6, what did other people's teachers say?
Original post by DomStaff
52-54. The problem is it isn't fresh in my mind exactly what I put on the last question, so I'm not sure whether I got the same numbers or not on the last question. I.e. whether I will get method marks or the correct answer. Also, the weight of the raindrop, I also said 10^-3 like the answers, but my teacher said 10^-6, what did other people's teachers say?

Mine said 10-6

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996
See below for the paper and marksheme

post what you think you got

Can you upload the paper and markscheme again? I can't access the attachments.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending