The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robbo54
Can you upload the paper and markscheme again? I can't access the attachments.

Same.
Here you go :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clai
Same.

give it a minute and refresh your browser

it'll work then, attachments don't seem to be working on TSR recently
Original post by Mutleybm1996
give it a minute and refresh your browser

it'll work then, attachments don't seem to be working on TSR recently

Still not working, apart from the first one. Could you zip them up or put them on another site?
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Still not working, apart from the first one. Could you zip them up or put them on another site?

see above post for a (compressed) pdf, that's the only way i could post it on here. if you'd like a copy of the original i can email it to you, pm me your email.

what do you think you got mark wise?
(edited 9 years ago)
see above post for a (compressed) pdf, that's the only way i could post it on here. if you'd like a copy of the original i can email it to you, pm me your email.

what do you think you got mark wise?

No idea, it's been a while. From what I remember I put, I've got about 75-80% of it, so I'd put that at about 45+ in total?
Original post by H0PEL3SS
No idea, it's been a while. From what I remember I put, I've got about 75-80% of it, so I'd put that at about 45+ in total?

Oh ok, people at my college in London have a range of scores from 10 all the way up to 51. Mean is around 25-35 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 567
i think i've got 25-30 marks. i actually tried really hard to do well in physics, hoping to get a B. Now i don't even know whether to turn up to the exam on 9th of June.
Original post by kobobo
i think i've got 25-30 marks. i actually tried really hard to do well in physics, hoping to get a B. Now i don't even know whether to turn up to the exam on 9th of June.

that'll probably be a B!
what did everyone at your college get?
anyone else?
Original post by kobobo

Ask around your college i bet people have the same, if not lower, marks than you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find it confusing that 5 people think they got >55, yet only two have said it was easy? I wonder who is honest and who is a troll.
Original post by DomStaff
I find it confusing that 5 people think they got >55, yet only two have said it was easy? I wonder who is honest and who is a troll.

What I find confusing is how anyone could have got above 55

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Knowing
What I find confusing is how anyone could have got above 55

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very much possible, with good guessing about the density of wood and water (I had no clue) and the uses of graphene etc.

I think I got 52-54, but no chance did I get >55.
Very much possible, with good guessing about the density of wood and water (I had no clue) and the uses of graphene etc.

I think I got 52-54, but no chance did I get >55.

You must be the top student in your class though you told me most people would have gotten between 10-30. I personally got between 35-40 i think possibly 45 if i'm lucky. I just read so many of the questions wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thoughts on grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You must be the top student in your class though you told me most people would have gotten between 10-30. I personally got between 35-40 i think possibly 45 if i'm lucky. I just read so many of the questions wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yes indeed, no arrogance intended, mere honesty. E.g. we did the June UP paper as a proper mock and the marks (apart from mine) ranged from 18-56/100. So judging from what they said after that exam, I would be incredibly surprised if any got past 30. Which I think will be a C. You're looking at an A then. If its not an A it'll be something like 78% UMS or whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me:
A-36
B-31
C-27
D-23
E-19

Posted from TSR Mobile

30-A
26-B
23-C
Etc
Just because the paper was so hard this year
The grade boundaries were 34 for an A in 2010 when the paper wasn't even this hard so fingers crossed :/
Original post by artisha
30-A
26-B
23-C
Etc
Just because the paper was so hard this year
The grade boundaries were 34 for an A in 2010 when the paper wasn't even this hard so fingers crossed :/

Oh yes indeed, no arrogance intended, mere honesty. E.g. we did the June UP paper as a proper mock and the marks (apart from mine) ranged from 18-56/100. So judging from what they said after that exam, I would be incredibly surprised if any got past 30. Which I think will be a C. You're looking at an A then. If its not an A it'll be something like 78% UMS or whatever.

For me:
A-36
B-31
C-27
D-23
E-19

Looking back it wasn't hard...there were just so many 1 markers that required a bit of thought and threw me! :frown:
I reckon G492 will be ok, i like the unit(there isn't much scope for them to mess it up) but it does make me think a bit harder! Section C seems ok, i haven't tried any, is it generally easier than section B? Seems it!
Looking back it wasn't hard...there were just so many 1 markers that required a bit of thought and threw me! :frown:
I reckon G492 will be ok, i like the unit(there isn't much scope for them to mess it up) but it does make me think a bit harder! Section C seems ok, i haven't tried any, is it generally easier than section B? Seems it!

No I hate section C! In the mock I think every single one of my dropped marks was from section C, none from A or B. Granted I didn't study it in depth because it wasn't relevant to me, but still. They ask stupid questions which aren't physics, sometimes. Too many 'suggest' questions. I wish I did OCR A, apparently that is more theoretical rather than applied.
Reply 579
I didn't study it in depth because it wasn't relevant to me, but still.

I know what it feels like to have to study 'irrelevant' stuff, but as long as it helps you get the grade you want in your A level, it's entirely relevant :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending