The Student Room Group

Owners of The Student Room

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Illusionary
So do most companies with any web presence nowadays, to be honest :tongue:

True. But have you ever tried to get in touch with BT or your bank? Mostly you just get diverted to a call centre in Bangalore.

I reckon Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg would be very hard to contact.

But even though TSR is one of the biggest social networks in UK the owners are not that famous. (And probably not that rich!) I wonder if TSR makes much money? Probably not or they'd have nicer offices than working in International House.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by noobynoo
True. But have you ever tried to get in touch with BT or your bank? Mostly you just get diverted to a call centre in Bangalore.

I reckon Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg would be very hard to contact.

But even though TSR is one of the biggest social networks in UK the owners are not that famous. (And probably not that rich!) I wonder if TSR makes much money? Probably not or they'd have nicer offices than working in International House.

Tbh these offices are probably the nicest in Brighton by a long way!I can't think of anything that comes close.
I'd like to know if their taxes are all in order :smile:

Any virgin islands accounts...?
Reply 23
Original post by Motorbiker
Tbh these offices are probably the nicest in Brighton by a long way!I can't think of anything that comes close.

Yeah. Actually I think I'm thinking of a different building. There's one with a load of media companies and start ups in it. And it has an "infinity wall". And hipster parties called "Glug". I forget which one it is.
(edited 9 years ago)
I like tsr, it's useful. I've been a user for ages and sure I bitch about changes *at times* but you get used to them and stop caring over things that aren't that big of a deal.

People saying tsr is being geared to younger people, maybe we're just getting older?

I mean there are younger people behind us
who are students and all.

Anywho, i don't know much about the owners or leaders but I'll still use the site when i have time.
I mean i eat from Nandos but don't know zilch about the management, not to say that information isn't out there.
That's not to say I'll never get curious, or if it comes out that lizards are in charge I won't protest :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
If you guys ever need a hopeful chemistry qualified sharp thinker Ellie Goulding lover willing to accept a large wage, then you know where to find me :wink:

Check out TSR Movie Madness
Reply 26
Original post by DiddyDec
If you want to find anything out just go on here:

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/04666380/THE-STUDENT-ROOM-GROUP-LIMITED/company-summary

It has everything you could ever want to know about TSR and its directors.

Net Worth; £1 million? :eek:

Not looking great, should we lend them a few pounds? Hold a jumble sale?

That means if they sold the company and divided the profits by the 44 managers they'd each get about £22k each. Enough to take a year of work, maybe? Go travelling?

Of course they could sell the company to Google would probably pay like a £billion for 1%.

Haha. Obviously I nothing about business. And the Net Worth doesn't take into account the earning potential.
Reply 27

New England House. That's the one I was thinking of. Horrible buildings! Interntational House looks quite nice. Yes.
New England House. That's the one I was thinking of. Horrible buildings! Interntational House looks quite nice. Yes.

Yea, it's lovely.

Want to come in and take a virtual tour?

Help yourself!
Reply 29

You're being very forthcoming with information.... that's no fun! :s-smilie: I was hoping the TSR leadership would be dark and mysterious overlords. Oh well.
You're being very forthcoming with information.... that's no fun! :s-smilie: I was hoping the TSR leadership would be dark and mysterious overlords. Oh well.

I know, doesn't it suck when the people that work for TSR are all kind and friendly! We're going to have an Army of mods in TSR Towers for results day as well to be on full helping out duty!
Reply 31
I know, doesn't it suck when the people that work for TSR are all kind and friendly! We're going to have an Army of mods in TSR Towers for results day as well to be on full helping out duty!

It's almost as bad as when I found at that Mark Zuckerberg is not only a billionaire but is actually a very nice person too who. Mind you the film version were he's an evil genius is far more entertaining....

Hmm.... "TSR The Movie." That's got a ring to it.
It's almost as bad as when I found at that Mark Zuckerberg is not only a billionaire but is actually a very nice person too who. Mind you the film version were he's an evil genius is far more entertaining....

Hmm.... "TSR The Movie." That's got a ring to it.

We don't have the bitchy-ness and backstabbing of the facebook movie to make it good though.

There are 1 or 2 weirder moments in TSR's history but nothing as good as facebook.
I know a fair bit about Geall, have seen some of his practices in other places and even met him once, though he doesn't know it. I think he's a talented businessman, but not suitable for an organic community such as TSR. Sick of people ramming Lean Starts and Outside Perspectives where they're not suitable.

That said, the site does seem to be scraping out of a dip that has been around for years. In this kind of business it's just not acceptable for site numbers to ever be decreasing, considering the difficulty in actually getting into that spiral to start with. But we all know and like TSR and it does have that potential still, and at the end of the day the 'TSR Leadership' is far more qualified than anyone who posts on here to determine things.
Original post by She-Ra
Nooooooooooooooo! How on earth did you find that out?!!?

You're right I'm actually a Komodo dragon - the wifi in the Indonesian islands has really improved in the last couple of years. It's brilliant, the commute from Rinca to Brighton was just getting a little too much for me :wink:

Dear TSR owners,

Please take note my post and the number of reps it has received (post 10, page 1)

Perhaps this could be a business opportunity for the TSR owners, to have a twin website for university students; undergrads, postgrads and PhD students, so we don't feel crowded out by insolent, gob****e 16 year olds.

Just a thought

MU
(edited 9 years ago)
Actually, the Majority of the users are in fact A level students of 16/17.
This is the key audience for TSR because it's largely focused around A level results day and people going through the uni application process.

Also have a lot of GCSE students on as well as the adults of university age.

Must be an interesting balancing act, as you undoubtedly need uni students in order to provide the info for the sixth formers too.

Must be massive untapped resources in some of the big threads in careers sections if you could get them into the main site, probably way over a hundred current law students in the 'TCs 2016' thread for example but the kids in Law forum still don't know what's going on :tongue:
10/10 Would bang.
Maybe interesting but about 3/5 months ago, I did some searching and via google maps I ended up in the TSR office and was able to move around lol. I remember an whiteboard at the back with web programming lol. I can't seem to find it, but maybe the staff know what I am talking about?
Original post by toxiictests
Maybe interesting but about 3/5 months ago, I did some searching and via google maps I ended up in the TSR office and was able to move around lol. I remember an whiteboard at the back with web programming lol. I can't seem to find it, but maybe the staff know what I am talking about?

See the links posted earlier in the thread. :smile:
Well you might have to post them a letter:

TSR
INTERNATIONAL HOUSE QUEENS ROAD
BRIGHTON
UNITED KINGDOM
BN1 3XE

Or they have a "get in touch" form here

Or maybe give them a ring!

Tel: 0800 999 3222
Fax: 0127 364 6301

Or the CEO'stwitter

Wow. They have so many ways to get in touch! I'm sure I've been to in that building before for a party. Small world.

I would have to post a letter direct to the CEO's house address.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending