The Student Room Group

Owners of The Student Room

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
There are 53 employees? Seriously?! I think I've been puzzled before about what they all do. Shame none of them participate in moderation, as it is often very slow and I am not in any way putting down the often harassed volunteers when I say that.

You must be one of the biggest consumer website operations in the country, are you? Are there many others with that many staff?

Plenty of staff have involvement in the community on the site, including moderation. There is a whole team dedicated to the community, working very closely with the moderations. In addition, several of us in the office, including myself and CJ were first members on the site, then moderators before getting jobs at TSR.
bang on.we do have a furry wall! well a wall of stuffed toys, which I would categorise as similar to a wall of fur. If you ever change your mind, you know where we are :smile:
Original post by Lamptastic
Totally don't care.

I bet their office has bean bag chairs and cake and those Nespresso machines.
If I'm invited over for free coffee, cupcakes and stroking a huge furry wall I would care more :colone:
Totally don't care.

I bet their office has bean bag chairs and cake and those Nespresso machines.
If I'm invited over for free coffee, cupcakes and stroking a huge furry wall I would care more :colone:

Sadly no bean bags (and no cake today).
Original post by JasonGeall
bang on.we do have a furry wall! well a wall of stuffed toys, which I would categorise as similar to a wall of fur. If you ever change your mind, you know where we are :smile:

That is pretty cool!!! Are these cuddly toys TSR related or just random?

Original post by RK
Sadly no bean bags (and no cake today).

Boo RK! :smile:
Yes he is! well connected Fullofsurprises. Although I am not sure they share the same politics and Charlie does not have the gob for sure! Actually Charlie sits on the board here still and is a lovely guy. He's since gone on to start up a number of really interesting businesses. Most recently marketinvoice.com.

Such a nice bloke and smart with it. Definitely one to talk to if you're ever interested in setting up alone. Now that could be a good Q&A....

Thanks Fullofsurprises. Have a great summer.
This would be useful to know.

More worrying (to me) is that one of the owners is listed on Wikipedia as Charles Delingpole. Any relation to leading climate change denier James "not a scientist but still willing to gob on endlessly about it" Delingpole? :eek:
There used to be a pool table in the old office. I'd want one back tbh since i'm better at pool than i am at air hockey.

Also, please don't post images of poo in this thread.
they are TSR specific Lamptastic, but random in my eyes!! I think they are called Mookies!!!!???? I am sure to be corrected shortly by the rest of the team though as I am sure I just got that wrong!

TSR PHOTO.jpg
That is pretty cool!!! Are these cuddly toys TSR related or just random?

Boo RK! :smile:
they are TSR specific Lamptastic, but random in my eyes!! I think they are called Mookies!!!!???? I am sure to be corrected shortly by the rest of the team though as I am sure I just got that wrong!

TSR PHOTO.jpg

:nothing: What are you on about Jason :wink:

Also, when do I get one of my own? :sly:

TSR PHOTO.jpg

I like the round blobby ones :h:

That is indeed a very random name.
This would be useful to know.

More worrying (to me) is that one of the owners is listed on Wikipedia as Charles Delingpole. Any relation to leading climate change denier James "not a scientist but still willing to gob on endlessly about it" Delingpole? :eek:

Oh god will literally have to give up TSR if that's the case :frown:
All in order :smile: Just had an audit! All good. Thanks Redferry. Hope you're doing well.

Well you're hardly going to be like we store it all on the isle of Mann are you :wink:

But ta for that :smile:
Original post by Life_peer
I thought TSR was advocating respect for other people and condemning even trace amounts of rudeness.

You must be new here.
Reply 73
Cool thank for replying Mr CEO!

The only point I'd like to make is that social networks can be used for good as well as evil. For example political parties like UKIP, the Communist party, the EDL or advertisers like The Insanity Program or whoever might target TSR in order to spread their messages while posing as students. (Which maybe is fine if they ARE actually students and its just their opinion). So you got to be careful and have good moderation. And maybe if they ban people everyone should know the reason and have a link to the rules.

The people in charge of social networks have a lot of power. They have access to everyone's emails and all the private messages they send.

So use that power wisely!

Thanks.

P.S.
Re: Smiling. This is just my personal opinion and most people will probably disagree. But when I look at company photos I want to see them looking more.... er... "pensive". As if to have an expression "Yes, I am having my photo taken but there is work to be done to make this website better!" Obviously its good they're happy to work there. But it's all about image. Haha yeah probably just me.
Reply 74

TSR PHOTO.jpg

We need neg rep. Too much dross on this forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by addylad
You must be new here.

Four years. :moon: It is the impression they are trying to make, anyway.
Exactly the kind of an arrogant response worth of you… :smile:

No arrogance. Scepticism and ridicule perhaps.

Four years. :moon: It is the impression they are trying to make, anyway.

Again, I think you're simply reading into this far too much.
Yes he is! well connected Fullofsurprises. Although I am not sure they share the same politics and Charlie does not have the gob for sure! Actually Charlie sits on the board here still and is a lovely guy. He's since gone on to start up a number of really interesting businesses. Most recently marketinvoice.com.

Such a nice bloke and smart with it. Definitely one to talk to if you're ever interested in setting up alone. Now that could be a good Q&A....

Thanks Fullofsurprises. Have a great summer.

It wasn't much of a stretch tbf - there aren't a lot of Delingpoles around afaik. :smile:

I think I would keep it quiet and maybe even consider a name change if it was me.... :rolleyes:
Hi noobynoo , Jo is short for Joanne - although I always fancied being a Josephine. And I am definitely not a bloke. Or a lizard. But I am working on it.

Original post by noobynoo
This is a TSR eating itself thread! Would you like to know more about the owners of the student room. i.e. the people in charge of this website?

Like Facebook everyone knows all about Mark Zuckerberg.

But does anyone know about TSR Chief Executive Officer, Jason Geall, along with his leadership team, Jo Redfern(Chief Commercial Officer and former UCAS Commercial Director), Pete Barnes (Chief Operating Officer and Chief Finance Officer), Pete Kelly (Chief Technical Officer), Tom Corfield (Chief Learning Officer, former PWC management consultant & entrepreneur). (from Wikipedia)

Interesting they are all men, incidentally... unless Jo is short for Josaphine (which apparently it is).

Would you like to see what they look like? What their politics are? Why their policies say certain posts are banned and certain posts are allowed hence setting the agenda of TSR?

Or do you not really care.

Poll!

(I wonder if they will allow this thread or they will supress freedom of speach?)

For starters here is the CEO:

edit: I've just found a link to more about the team here:

http://tsrmatters.com/find-out-about-us/meet-the-team/

Why do all CEOs have such fake smiles? Maybe because they're stinking rich! First thing I'd like to know is "What is your net worth?" I reckon 100 million pounds.

Age 38: from here Office in Brighton, UK. I didn't know that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending