The Student Room Group

Most overrated food??

Scroll to see replies

Eggs, fried boiled chopped whatever they smell and taste foul
Chicken. Nearly every person says how much they love chicken. But the only reason they do is because they either smother it in sauce, or fry it death. I doubt that be 'in heaven' munching on a roasted.

Duck, now that's a really good meat.
Reply 82
Original post by EatAndRevise
It is nice, you should give it a try.

Nah it's too cruel :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chocolate. :eating: Especially dark chocolate.

Oven chips - yuk, might as well eat cardboard.:tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EatAndRevise
It is nice, you should give it a try.

Do you not have any moral barriers eating this food knowing the cruel way which the animal is kept while it is alive?
Reply 85
Original post by samba
I thought you were going to say pizza/steak for a second there and am glad you didn't.

Not sure this is the best topic for you but we'll roll with it.

For me, tea is massively overrated! And haddock.

:L is haddock overrated?!
Reply 86
Chocolate - sorry chocolate lovers!!
Cadbury's chocolate. Everyone's like "omg so much better than Hershey's" when really I could take or leave either. :dontknow:
pizza
Original post by Odd socks
For some reason the internet is obsessed with bacon. While I agree it's nice, there are far better meats out there. A good gammon steak blows a measly bit of bacon out the water.

What foods do you think are overrated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bacon is amazing, but I don't understand why it's so popular in America. American bacon is terrible fatty crap.

Original post by Pedd
Anything Nandos.

Do people rate Nandos highly enough for it to be overrated? It's just pretty nice chicken and chips.

Original post by Sabertooth
Cadbury's chocolate. Everyone's like "omg so much better than Hershey's" when really I could take or leave either. :dontknow:

Oh come on, Cadbury's isn't wildly better than most other chocolate, but Hershey's is ****ing disgusting.
Reply 90
Potato's just loathe them they have to be deep fried or roasted beyond recognition before I can eat them :biggrin:.
I agree with bacon :confused:
Original post by Wilfred Little
Somebody will say Nando's so I'm getting there first.

Pasta - So many different variations of the same thing. Italian food in general really, there is only so many times you can combine pasta, tomatoes, beef and cheese yet these lot think they're God's gift to culinary art.

Chinese - Specifically Chinese food aimed at westerners. Stinks and is drowning in sauce, presumably to mask the poor quality of the ingredients. I'm also dubious about the hygiene standards. Dirty as **** imo.

The hygiene standards of Chinese food places varies from place to place. It depends on the restaurant, not the style of cooking.
Original post by CRW1996
The hygiene standards of Chinese food places varies from place to place. It depends on the restaurant, not the style of cooking.

yh m8 i'm aware of that, westernised chinese food still stinks, the meat is still crap and the dishes are still swimming in sauce

maybe they are just crap in birmingham and are decent everywhere else (i doubt it) but saying that we aren't exactly missing out, the curry is world class
NANDOS.

So average.
KFC definitely. The chicken is dry and so are the chips, McDonald's chips are nicer. Also KFC is expensive compared to McDonalds ;S
In response to the other answers, I'm not even that keen on bacon. It's just the fat I can't stand. Even cutting all of it off there's always more of it lurking somewhere *shivers*. I love nutella though, always have. Oreos are good but not that special.
Reply 96
CHEESE!
Chips they can be very dry and fatty and often require a lot of sauce/beans to make them tasty they can be very good at several places but they are far to overrated.I think Milanos serves the best chips incredibly tasty but there are so much better foods like Pizza,Beans,Chocolate etc. which are miles better.
(edited 9 years ago)
Indian - curry, curry and more curry
Original post by Motorbiker
Do you not have any moral barriers eating this food knowing the cruel way which the animal is kept while it is alive?

I know that the ducks/geese are kept in terrible conditions and are force fed, which does slightly put me off eating foie gras. But I will still eat it anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest