The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I think that my main complaint would be that it doesn't look all that different from any other site anymore, the header and avatar placement in particular just scream Facebook. Plus the anime entries themselves are now using the same 'official' images as sites like MAL and AniDB, when they always used to use member-submitted screenshots for the main images (TBH they probably weren't getting enough for the new shows, I've not submitted any screenshots since at least 2011). It's lost some of its originality. :frown:

I won't be leaving though. I'm not overly keen on the looks of any of the rival sites either, and chances are I'll get used to the changes soon (especially once the promised extras/improvements materialize). Plus, I am not copying 1,500 entries to another site manually. :tongue:

It looks like a streaming site now (which is presumably the direction they want to go with crunchyroll) :frown: i'm a grumpy old man when it comes to websites changing everything when its not needed.

I don't blame you :tongue: it took me long enough.
haven't been watching much anime lately, but I've finished off Bokura wa minna Kawaisou, some good comedy, pretty slow paced but i liked it that way :yep: drunk Rii-chan ftw :awesome:

only seen Hanayamata of the new season, pretty enjoyable first couple of eps, liking the characters especially the blond girl :mmm:

loving Ao Haru Ride :h: haven't seen a romance in a while and i've stalled the last few i've seen, may actually stick with this one til the end :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Just watched the most recent episode of SAO2. I'm not sure I like it as much as the first series - but then I think it might just be because we're not seeing all that much of Kirito and Asuna, who I REALLY liked? Like I get they're trying to show this new place and introduce new characters, but it seems to be taking a really long time to get to the action, or something...
I finally finished reading Dragon Ball~ Well not really, since I've still got DBZ to go, but I'm taking a break from the franchise to read other things first. :yes: The series was enjoyable, if very repetitive - beat random enemy to collecting all the dragon balls, resurrect someone or other, enter a martial arts tournament, then return to square one. :p:

Taking its place on my reading list will be The Drifting Classroom, mostly because the fact I've yet to read a single Kazuo Umezu manga is something that needs to be addressed immediately, but also because I need something a bit dark to replace Franken Fran, which I've also virtually finished (just the one volume to go).
There's a new anime out with my name xD Fran❤️cesca

most random anime I've seen xD
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Just watched the most recent episode of SAO2. I'm not sure I like it as much as the first series - but then I think it might just be because we're not seeing all that much of Kirito and Asuna, who I REALLY liked? Like I get they're trying to show this new place and introduce new characters, but it seems to be taking a really long time to get to the action, or something...

Apparently all of the first 3 episodes have been for the most part filler :s-smilie:.
I quite liked episode 3 of SAO2. It was nice to get some backstory on Sinon. I seem to be enjoying the parts that focus on the real world more than the game world which is pretty much the exact opposite of the first season.
Original post by Dilzo999
Apparently all of the first 3 episodes have been for the most part filler :s-smilie:.

Kind of. It's like entitely set up and e3 was character background - no bad thing, ut not what I expected from SAO iykwim.
AngryJellyfish, thanks a lot for your reply! Whoah, it looks like there are so many interesting animes to watch now.

Haha btw, I'm a fan of both Black Butler and Free! and I didn't even know about new seasons being aired already. What a terrible fan I am!
Original post by tomikocchi
AngryJellyfish, thanks a lot for your reply! Whoah, it looks like there are so many interesting animes to watch now.

Haha btw, I'm a fan of both Black Butler and Free! and I didn't even know about new seasons being aired already. What a terrible fan I am!

I love that you're a fan of Free!
You might be my new favourite person. :biggrin:
Free! is a guilty pleasure of mine :tongue:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Free! is a guilty pleasure of mine :tongue:

At first I saw it as a guilty pleasure - shirtless boys? Swimming? YES.
But then there was a bit of actual plot and the opening and ending credits are kickass...
Going to start reading KURO****SUJI.
hahaha so we aren't the only ones who like Free!
It is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine too, since I prefer animes that require you to use your brain. To me, Free! consists of 90% fanservice and 10% plot but I still can't stop fangirling over it... >w<;
Hello ANime Society :smile:

I've been watching anime for about 5 years now and watched quite a few shows now; I stopped keeping count but I've got the list so it'll be a hell of a count for one day later on. The most recent anime I watched was Another - that was pretty good. Currently watching baby steps, gintama and jojo's adventures. Some of my favourites include Great teacher onizuka! Space brothers, Monster, Spiral, Code Geass, Death Note, Bakuman, Golden Boy, LoTGH, Planetes, Perfect Blue, Sword of the stranger, Samurai Champloo, Gintama, Summer Wars and a few more but I won't continue to bore you with this :smile:

I'm into pretty much anything so I'm open to trying out anything - I started off as quite the mystery/psychological genre lover but I basically watch anything now.

Well that was long so to top it off - nice to meet you fellow anime fans :smile:
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
At first I saw it as a guilty pleasure - shirtless boys? Swimming? YES.
But then there was a bit of actual plot and the opening and ending credits are kickass...

I guess it makes a change from girls in short skirts eh? :tongue: I'm a sucker for KyoAni's artwork :colondollar:
Original post by tomikocchi
hahaha so we aren't the only ones who like Free!
It is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine too, since I prefer animes that require you to use your brain. To me, Free! consists of 90% fanservice and 10% plot but I still can't stop fangirling over it... >w<;

Don't even get me started on how much I lpvr free.

I'm shipping everyone with everyone they're clearly ALL GAY FOR EACH OTHER.
*cough*
So gutted Dramatical Murder will have no yaoi scenes in it :emo: It's a bl game for christ's sake. If they try that **** with Love Stage there will be hell :angry:

Seeing Kou in anime form (Ao Haru Ride) is just amazing :coma:
Original post by Tai Ga
So gutted Dramatical Murder will have no yaoi scenes in it :emo: It's a bl game for christ's sake. If they try that **** with Love Stage there will be hell :angry:

Is that official now, then? :s-smilie: I figured they might cut those scenes, since apparently the same happened for Togainu no Chi (also by Nitro+chiral), and few if any info sites were listing the anime as BL before the season began.

Assuming you're familiar with the game (I'm not, BTW), would you say DRAMAtical Murder has a strong enough plot to stand on its own without the BL content? I'm personally finding the world and basic premise quite interesting, and the character designs are very pretty... but that second episode was a bit boring. :hmmmm2: I'll probably watch the third ep tonight, either way.

Latest