The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brownsugar-xx
Nooo, my sister did but i was never into it, is it good?

What else have you watched and whats your fave? :colondollar:

Omg. I loved it when I watched it. Its not the most inspiring anime of all time but you would defos like it. You can't help but like it. And...Kaname. Yeah its worth watching it for Kaname.

Favesssssss. Probably Steins;Gate, Gakuen Alice, Haibane Renmei, Shinsekai Yori, Rozen Maiden, Higurashi, Shiki, Serial Experiments Lain, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Elfen Lied, AOT, Kill la Kill and Fruits Basket. There's so many others I reallyyyy like but they are probably my favourites. Special mentions to Vampire Knight, Ga Rei Zero, Hakuouki, Deadman Wonderland and most of Pandora Hearts. :colondollar::rolleyes:
Original post by HayleyChuu
Omg. I loved it when I watched it. Its not the most inspiring anime of all time but you would defos like it. You can't help but like it. And...Kaname. Yeah its worth watching it for Kaname.

Favesssssss. Probably Steins;Gate, Gakuen Alice, Haibane Renmei, Shinsekai Yori, Rozen Maiden, Higurashi, Shiki, Serial Experiments Lain, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Elfen Lied, AOT, Kill la Kill and Fruits Basket. There's so many others I reallyyyy like but they are probably my favourites. Special mentions to Vampire Knight, Ga Rei Zero, Hakuouki, Deadman Wonderland and most of Pandora Hearts. :colondollar::rolleyes:

The love triangle looked very interesting i remember :daydream: but i'm not a fan of the art style i have to admit. I'd probs just watch it for the sexyness tho.

I've wanted to watch Steins;Gate but there are so many animes on my list i can't find the time or motivation :laugh: I remember my best friend was into Higurashi, depending on how many eps there are i might give it a go in the very distant future. I watched the first 1 or do eps of Shiki i think but i stopped for some reason, i don't remember. Ouran was pretty damn good, tamaki and haruhi were so cute :colondollar: AOT is defo one of my faves - it got me back into anime after i was on hiatus.

My faves are : Naruto (been watching for like 6/7 years so i have to mention it plus theres so many feels), AOT, Black Lagoon for definite is at the top, Jormungand was also pretty ****ing good probs cause it reminded me of Black Lagoon, Death note, Toradora (you should watch this if you haven't already), Welcome to the NHK would be a special mention because it was pretty different to what i've watched before and the soundtrack is beautiful. Ahhh i can't even remember all the anime i've watched. Macross Frontier was my fave for a while. OHH i just recently watched all the Neon Evangelion franchise and it's so good so that's a fave as well.

I'm wanting to watch Cowboy Bebop, Jojo's Big Adventure or whatever it's called, DRAMAtical Murder, BTOOM! and Clannad. So i'll add Higurashi to that list :tongue:
The love triangle looked very interesting i remember :daydream: but i'm not a fan of the art style i have to admit. I'd probs just watch it for the sexyness tho.

I've wanted to watch Steins;Gate but there are so many animes on my list i can't find the time or motivation :laugh: I remember my best friend was into Higurashi, depending on how many eps there are i might give it a go in the very distant future. I watched the first 1 or do eps of Shiki i think but i stopped for some reason, i don't remember. Ouran was pretty damn good, tamaki and haruhi were so cute :colondollar: AOT is defo one of my faves - it got me back into anime after i was on hiatus.

My faves are : Naruto (been watching for like 6/7 years so i have to mention it plus theres so many feels), AOT, Black Lagoon for definite is at the top, Jormungand was also pretty ****ing good probs cause it reminded me of Black Lagoon, Death note, Toradora (you should watch this if you haven't already), Welcome to the NHK would be a special mention because it was pretty different to what i've watched before and the soundtrack is beautiful. Ahhh i can't even remember all the anime i've watched. Macross Frontier was my fave for a while. OHH i just recently watched all the Neon Evangelion franchise and it's so good so that's a fave as well.

I'm wanting to watch Cowboy Bebop, Jojo's Big Adventure or whatever it's called, DRAMAtical Murder, BTOOM! and Clannad. So i'll add Higurashi to that list :tongue:

I think you should watch Higurashi before Btoom! its way better. Btoom is fun but I like Higurashi more.

I've been meaning to watch Cowboy Bebop and Clannad for a while now but haven't got around to it (Neon Genesis Evangelion, also). I actually made an anime list for the summer I need to stick to it.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Currently the only completely aired anime I'm watching as well as the ongoing ones is Hellsing Ultimate. :bunny:
I think you should watch Higurashi before Btoom! its way better. Btoom is fun but I like Higurashi more.

I've been meaning to watch Cowboy Bebop and Clannad for a while now but haven't got around to it (Neon Genesis Evangelion, also). I actually made an anime list for the summer I need to stick to it.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Currently the only completely aired anime I'm watching as well as the ongoing ones is Hellsing Ultimate. :bunny:

Okay, will do, thanks for the recommendation :smile:

I should probably make a list also because i find myself with nothing to do and i forget what i'm supposed to be watching. I also forgot to add Hellsing to that list :laugh: i wasn't interested when i was younger but it looks like appealing now. I'm also kinda interested in Ghost in the Shell. I wish we still had an anime channel in the UK :frown:
Okay, will do, thanks for the recommendation :smile:

I should probably make a list also because i find myself with nothing to do and i forget what i'm supposed to be watching. I also forgot to add Hellsing to that list :laugh: i wasn't interested when i was younger but it looks like appealing now. I'm also kinda interested in Ghost in the Shell. I wish we still had an anime channel in the UK :frown:

Ghost in the Shell is AMAZING. They were advertising a new blu ray release/limited edition dvd of it when I was at MCM Comic Con Manchester last weekend. :colondollar:
Ghost in the Shell is AMAZING. They were advertising a new blu ray release/limited edition dvd of it when I was at MCM Comic Con Manchester last weekend. :colondollar:

ugghh so much to watch @_@ TSR doesn't help either cause i end up pausing anime to be on here, just like now :laugh: Did you dress up?

Also forgot to add Canaan to that list, hot chicks fighting is always good :wink: and it's not the normal 'girls with unrealistically big boobs' jumping around either.

omg i just found out what her name means and it makes so much sense how did i not notice before!
Yep I did.

:bunny:
(edited 9 years ago)
I can't get into anime that isn't at least slightly slice-of-life-ish lately. :| I can read action shounen manga all day (been catching up on the volumes of Fairy Tail, Toriko, The Seven Deadly Sins, etc. that arrived whilst I was at uni) but when watching action anime I get so bored.

Does anyone have any good slice-of-life anime they'd recommend?
Original post by TroyAndAbed
I can't get into anime that isn't at least slightly slice-of-life-ish lately. :| I can read action shounen manga all day (been catching up on the volumes of Fairy Tail, Toriko, The Seven Deadly Sins, etc. that arrived whilst I was at uni) but when watching action anime I get so bored.

Does anyone have any good slice-of-life anime they'd recommend?

If you're okay with ongoing series, I'd highly recommend Barakamon from the current season! Otherwise, here's a few complete series:

Minami-ke

Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee

Potemayo

Denno Coil
Original post by Keoje
Is Free! and Haikyuu!! a brand new series then? I'm so out of the times :ahee:

Attack on Titans is cool but not everyones thing i guess

Free! Had a series last year and it's in series 2 now. Haikyuu!! started a couple of months ago? Free!'s got guys who swim and it's reasonably fanservice-y but there is plot.

Haikyuu!!'s a volleyball one. Much less fanservice and it's getting right up there as one of my all-time favourite shows.

Original post by Aiko
Missed your post. :redface:

I've seen a couple of episodes of Ace of Diamond and enjoyed them. However, I decided to postpone the series because the male lead was starting to annoy me. That, and the perception the other characters had of him. He wasn't even that bad, admirable even given the respect his old school friends had for him, but there was something that irked me and I just couldn't continue. I will probably pick the series up again at some point. :tongue:

As for sport series, I've never had an issue with them myself. In fact, many of them stand among my favourites (Touch and Ashi-ta no Joe to name a few). I'd second Keoje's recommendation of Major and Kuroko's Basketball is also very good. :yes:

Incidentally, I'm currently watching Baby Steps, an anime about tennis, which is rather good (not something I'd recommend over the above two, though). :smile:

I think the lead character bugged me for a few episodes in around episode 10-15, but I'm up on episode 24 now and he's much less annoying, and the other characters seem to finally be giving him a bit of respect, haha.

I'll definitely check out Major and the Kuroko's Basketball once I catch up with AotD then. :smile: and then I'll have a look at some other shows.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
If you're okay with ongoing series, I'd highly recommend Barakamon from the current season! Otherwise, here's a few complete series:

Minami-ke

Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee

Potemayo

Denno Coil

Thanks for the recommendations! :smile: Think I'll check out Minami-ke & Denno Coil first.
Reply 7231
Sports anime, out of the 3 or so Ive seen ....Hajime no Ippo. :coma:

Giant Killing was really good, whilst it was airing the previous world cup came around, and I thought :yeah: ... but it was really dull.:unimpressed: Damn you giant killing and your more interesting depiction of sport.

Jojo seems like an amusing travel series now. With its lesson on Haggling.:mmm: They should make a travel anime. :beard: That could be an interesting subject for a series of course it would have to be well researched.:hmmm:.
Yep I did.

:bunny:

You look so cute! who did you dress up as?
You look so cute! who did you dress up as?

Heyyy. I was cosplaying as Lotti Baskerville from Pandora Hearts.

:colondollar:
Heyyy. I was cosplaying as Lotti Baskerville from Pandora Hearts.

:colondollar:

You did a good job! the wig is sitting pretty nice on your head as well :yep:

You did a good job! the wig is sitting pretty nice on your head as well :yep:

Thankyou! Lotti's hair is a really awkward kind of half middle parting so it was difficult to get it to sit right but it did eventually. Here's a couple other pics of me. ~ :bunny:

Thankyou! Lotti's hair is a really awkward kind of half middle parting so it was difficult to get it to sit right but it did eventually. Here's a couple other pics of me. ~ :bunny:

Aww you look so pretty <3 which characters did you dress up as? and were the costumes expensive? :colondollar:
Aww you look so pretty <3 which characters did you dress up as? and were the costumes expensive? :colondollar:

The black and yellow one was quite expensive. It was from the Vocaloid music video Love Philosophia. The quality is really good though. :rolleyes: And the maid one, was just a maid outfit because I thought it looked cute. :emog: :ahee:
The black and yellow one was quite expensive. It was from the Vocaloid music video Love Philosophia. The quality is really good though. :rolleyes: And the maid one, was just a maid outfit because I thought it looked cute. :emog: :ahee:

Yeah the black and yellow one looks really good. I'm aware of the vocaloids - Miku, Luka, Rin, Gakupo, Len(?)- though i've never listened to any, it's just cause i used to go on this anime chat room when i was younger :laugh: well it's very cute :bubbles: Plus i love green hair, i really want to ombre my hair green.

So what exactly do you do at comic con, enlighten me~ :loveduck:

omg you totally remind me of hailedabear btw

Latest