The Student Room Group

Is TSR being flooded by Israeli shills.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samba
Most students are naive, left wing, and powerless anyway. By the time they grow up they'll realise Israel have little choice and be far less pro Palestine. Little point in PM targeting a low value demographic.

This.

Even if there was a campaign (I am aware of the hasbara thing), it seems like a highly inefficient use of time and resources to target this website in particular.

I have posted before some links to neo-Nazi websites (these groups are the only groups for which I have ever found evidence of a concerted effort to promote their agenda here) where they talk about posting mantras, there was a facebook group which was naming certain users as being "antiwhite" and discussing how to respond to certain posts, but I do think there is an antisemitic paranoia of anything relating to the Jews being seen as having this overarching control over people's minds or the tone of the debate.
Original post by n00
Hmm, so anyway what's your opinion on neo-nazis organising to post propaganda on TSR? Is it stupid to think that could be happening too?

I don't believe there is a concerted, organised attempt to post anything on TSR.
Reply 142
Original post by yo radical one
This.

Even if there was a campaign (I am aware of the hasbara thing), it seems like a highly inefficient use of time and resources to target this website in particular.
Really? :s-smilie: That makes no sense at all. They always go after the young and impressionable first.

I have posted before some links to neo-Nazi websites (these groups are the only groups for which I have ever found evidence of a concerted effort to promote their agenda here) where they talk about posting mantras, there was a facebook group which was naming certain users as being "antiwhite" and discussing how to respond to certain posts, but I do think there is an antisemitic paranoia of anything relating to the Jews being seen as having this overarching control over people's minds or the tone of the debate.

I posted this thread a while ago:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42767015#post42767015
Reply 143
Original post by UniOfLife
I don't believe there is a concerted, organised attempt to post anything on TSR.

I'm afraid you are wrong. It was confirmed to me over a year ago by a section leader.
Original post by n00
I'm afraid you are wrong. It was confirmed to me over a year ago by a section leader.

Well that's quite sad.
Original post by n00
Really? :s-smilie: That makes no sense at all. They always go after the young and impressionable first.

I posted this thread a while ago:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42767015#post42767015

Well it goes to show that TSR rather naively thinks that political Jews are a more serious problem than White Nationalists, which is clearly false

Your thread doesn't answer the question of whether something is the case, as much as it answers the question of people's perceptions of whether something is the case.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 146

Your thread doesn't answer the question of whether something is the case, as much as it answers the question of people's perceptions of whether something is the case.
eh? I thought you'd already shown that it's the case?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 147
Original post by UniOfLife
Well that's quite sad.

Yep, TSR don't give a **** though, in fact if anything they seem to be encouraging it, they even had a neo-nazi on the mods team.
I would say the moderators are Zionist shills given how many threads we see deleted when it involved Jews and Zionism. You may as well call the holocaust hate speech against German people by the moderators definition of hate speech against Jews.
(edited 9 years ago)

certainly not, being student forum youd exect there to be healthy debate on all matters, and in the west and uk especially there is a healthy tradition of informed debate, independant thinking and logic.
if you had this debate on Facebook, youd probably see there were plenty of ignorant people with tiny IQs ranting about this and that with hastily made memes. thankfully we dont have to exposed to those idiots here ( in general anyway)

you will get perhaps a small number of interested parties that may support israel here - but far more who supprot the islamist angle on palestine, purely becuase they are muslims and indoctrinated to follow any islamic agenda no matter what logic dictates. add to that you do have a lso a small element of persistent anti-semites who dislike jews regardless of who they fight.
Reply 150
Original post by Meenglishnogood
certainly not, being student forum youd exect there to be healthy debate on all matters, and in the west and uk especially there is a healthy tradition of informed debate, independant thinking and logic.
if you had this debate on Facebook, youd probably see there were plenty of ignorant people with tiny IQs ranting about this and that with hastily made memes. thankfully we dont have to exposed to those idiots here ( in general anyway)

you will get perhaps a small number of interested parties that may support israel here - but far more who supprot the islamist angle on palestine, purely becuase they are muslims and indoctrinated to follow any islamic agenda no matter what logic dictates. add to that you do have a lso a small element of persistent anti-semites who dislike jews regardless of who they fight.
A fair few that just dislike muslims too. Presumably you acknowledge that Israel do employ social media propagandists? Why wouldn't they come here?
Original post by n00
A fair few that just dislike muslims too. Presumably you acknowledge that Israel do employ social media propagandists? Why wouldn't they come here?

i dont knw of they do or dont, its possible i suppose. there are people that simply dislike muslims jsut as there are that simply dislike jews or anyone for that matter.

i certainly am aware that there is a massive industry of islamist propaganda, jsut take a look at any 16 year old muslims facebook page filled with ignorant copy paste rhetoric, dvds, youtube clips etc all manipulations of the truth and with very little fact, jsut dogma designed by sheikhs, clerics and amirs to boil the blood. I think Islamists have gotten very good at manipulating the pavlovian response of general muslims down to a tee.

then this technique is taken to be used to instigate allsorts of conflict zones, not jsut palestine, but then on to sudan, syria, chechnya, kashmir, kenya etc, and then encouraging hatred of the west and therefore attacks on uk, eruope, usa, canada etc etc. there is a long establish record of this.

im sure most islamic terrorists were first lured into the fold by rhetoric about israel and palestine, then groomed for attacks in other regions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 152
i dont knw of they do or dont, its possible i suppose. there are people that simply dislike muslims jsut as there are that simply dislike jews or anyone for that matter.

i certainly am aware that there is a massive industry of islamist propaganda, jsut take a look at any 16 year old muslims facebook page filled with ignorant copy paste rhetoric, dvds, youtube clips etc all manipulations of the truth and with very little fact, jsut dogma designed by sheikhs, clerics and amirs to boil the blood. I think Islamists have gotten very good at manipulating the pavlovian response of general muslims down to a tee.

then this technique is taken to be used to instigate allsorts of conflict zones, not jsut palestine, but then on to sudan, syria, chechnya, kashmir, kenya etc, and then encouraging hatred of the west and therefore attacks on uk, eruope, usa, canada etc etc. there is a long establish record of this.

im sure most islamic terrorists were first lured into the fold by rhetoric about israel and palestine, then groomed for attacks in other regions.

I entirely agree.
Original post by n00
I entirely agree.

then you can understand the reticence of some people to get involved in the palestine conflict. it is problematic but the reality is there are bigger issues in the world (Ebola is spreading faster than ever before) facing the globe today, conflicts that require our attention more, than to cause me to sheepishliy tag onto what has been an islamist agenda for a long time. i wish people who march in street protests would engage the thing in between their ears from time to time and look at the bigger picture
Reply 154
then you can understand the reticence of some people to get involved in the palestine conflict. it is problematic but the reality is there are bigger issues in the world (Ebola is spreading faster than ever before) facing the globe today, conflicts that require our attention more, than to cause me to sheepishliy tag onto what has been an islamist agenda for a long time. i wish people who march in street protests would engage the thing in between their ears from time to time and look at the bigger picture

Sure, I can understand where the thinking comes from, I just don't agree with it. Fear breeds misguided and unwarranted mistrust and the gaza conflict is going to be a boon for islamist propaganda no matter what we do but we're going off topic now and there are plenty of threads discussing this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by n00
Sure, I can understand where the thinking comes from, I just don't agree with it. Fear breeds misguided and unwarranted mistrust and the gaza conflict is going to be a boon for islamist propaganda no matter what we do but we're going off topic now and there are plenty of threads discussing this.

i wouldnt say its jsut fear, people have a genuine disgust for some islamist ideals and agendas, and rigthly so. but even if some did have concerns about islamists too, it would be perfectly warranted too, seeing islamsits groups now essentially operate all over the world where there are signifcant muslim populations - and they do cause death and misery. As i say the gaza issue is the longest running of these and indeed has been used as the main recruiting tool for suicide bombers terrorists to commit attrocities as far wide as USA to Indonesia and everywhere in between. Do people want to be supporting these sorts of people- regardless of israels responses - ask yourself that.

as i said to someone earlier if you add all the masses of casualties caused by islamists youd see they make casualties here in look gaza miniscule - and yet where are the pressure groups , protest marches and 'humanitarians' in the muslim world regarding this?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 156
As i say the gaza issue is the longest running of these and indeed has been used as the main recruiting tool for suicide bombers terrorists to commit attrocities as far wide as USA to Indonesia and everywhere in between. Do people want to be supporting these sorts of people- regardless of israels responses - ask yourself that.

So Israel should be free to do whatever it likes and we must give it our full support or we risk in part agreeing(which you seem to have confused for support) with the opposite bunch of murderous *****? I don't support either bunch of murderous *****, not all that tricky is it?
Original post by n00
So Israel should be free to do whatever it likes and we must give it our full support or we risk in part agreeing(which you seem to have confused for support) with the opposite bunch of murderous *****? I don't support either bunch of murderous *****, not all that tricky is it?

not really, but the islamist influence has made people uneasy. same arguemnt is made of syria- assad being far worse than israel, but at the same time would we intervene to assist murderous islamists on the othersdie - who would in a few years jsut be targetting all non-muslim countries anyway?

which is why i said the palestine issue have become a lurid one. if islam didnt have this major problem globally in itself, or muslims themselves had dealt with it ( as we in europe dealt with the Nazis for example) id argue people would be more inclined to assist palestinians in some way.
but i also recognise that the muslims will not let the jews be in their own homeland either- in the same way they dont let hindus and sikhs be in kashmir, russian christians be in chechnya, coptics be in egypt, shias be in iraq (and vice versa), christians in phillipines, bhuddhists in china, burma thailand etc etc etc. dont forget countires like afganistan, iraq, even palestine used to have large numbers of non muslim religions from buddhism to christianity, all of which have been all but eradicated in some areas. islamic agendas have not been a firce for good anywhere - why should anyone support them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending