The Student Room Group

Help: OCR Biology A-level

Hi,
Due to the fact I am an auditory learner as well as visual learner, I am looking for AS Biology OCR tutorial videos or visually helpful revision notes if there is not tutorials available as I wasn't able to find some.
I would really appreciate someone was able to help me out :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Elhamm
Hi,
Due to the fact I am an auditory learner as well as visual learner, I am looking for AS Biology OCR tutorial videos or visually helpful revision notes if there is not tutorials available as I wasn't able to find some.

I'm also an auditory learner, so this thread is of interest to me.
Reply 2
Original post by Elhamm
Hi,

Biology crash course, bozeman science, khan academy.

I don't think there are many videos specific to your spec but you can find videos on the content.

E.g if you needed to find a video on water potential you can find it. Just search the topic there's quite a lot available.
If you're struggling the biology forum is only around the corner, drop a post.
Reply 3
hello. Have you checked out the khanacademy biology playlist? It has most of the A level biology stuff covered in it. And Sal is a wonderful artist and teacher :smile:
Original post by Elhamm
Hi,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpu3OHT1bu9N-gZB6PGVhag

This has all the OCR biology A level videos (geared toward the OCR spec) and works a lot by listening with visual prompts :smile: I hope this helps.
Reply 5
Original post by zed963
Biology crash course, bozeman science, khan academy.

I don't think there are many videos specific to your spec but you can find videos on the content.

E.g if you needed to find a video on water potential you can find it. Just search the topic there's quite a lot available.
If you're struggling the biology forum is only around the corner, drop a post.

Are these specific to OCR or does it cover topics in general?
Reply 6
Original post by Elhamm
Are these specific to OCR or does it cover topics in general?

It'll be very rare to find them specific to OCR, I barely find videos specific to AQA.

Covering the topic in general should be enough tbh.
Reply 7
Original post by Munrot07
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpu3OHT1bu9N-gZB6PGVhag

This has all the OCR biology A level videos (geared toward the OCR spec) and works a lot by listening with visual prompts :smile: I hope this helps.

Thanks :smile:, have you used these videos before, if so were they helpful?
Original post by Elhamm
Thanks :smile:, have you used these videos before, if so were they helpful?

I made them :P But I have 1,600 subs and I've been given a lot of positive feedback from students and teachers :smile:
Reply 9
I made them :P But I have 1,600 subs and I've been given a lot of positive feedback from students and teachers :smile:

Cool :smile: I can see that you did Chemistry too, what exam board is it aimed at?
Do you any helpful visual AS biology notes because I'm really slow at making my own notes :/
Original post by Elhamm
Cool :smile: I can see that you did Chemistry too, what exam board is it aimed at?
Do you any helpful visual AS biology notes because I'm really slow at making my own notes :/

OCR as well :smile: Though I haven't done unit 1 and most of unit 4 (but unit 2 and 5 are complete).

And no sorry. I'm really not a visual learner so my notes are the most boring things known to man :P
OCR as well :smile: Though I haven't done unit 1 and most of unit 4 (but unit 2 and 5 are complete).

And no sorry. I'm really not a visual learner so my notes are the most boring things known to man :P

OCR B Salters? and lool alright thanks anyways :smile:
Original post by Elhamm
OCR B Salters? and lool alright thanks anyways :smile:

OCR A sorry
Revision notes: Asbiology101,
Youtube Videos: Biology crash course, MrBioTom1 and Biology Bytes
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Elhamm
Hi,

I am on A level AQA biology but I have gathered lots of YOUTUBE accounts that you can try:

Freesciencelessons
OCRBiologyAS
Free E School
myAlevelBiology
A-level biology

If you do chemistry:

The Fuse School
A level Scientist
MrAndrewsChemistry
Fiaraz Iqbal (also does physics)
Jsouassou

If you do maths:
Exam solutions
Maths Videos-by jayates

Also try khan academy, crash course, ASAP science (just for fun)

Really hope this helps, Good luck... Just a tip, the content on all exam boards are very similar so you don't really have to look for OCR specifically.
Original post by Anonymous00
I am on A level AQA biology but I have gathered lots of YOUTUBE accounts that you can try:

Freesciencelessons
OCRBiologyAS
Free E School
myAlevelBiology
A-level biology

If you do chemistry:

The Fuse School
A level Scientist
MrAndrewsChemistry
Fiaraz Iqbal (also does physics)
Jsouassou

If you do maths:
Exam solutions
Maths Videos-by jayates

Also try khan academy, crash course, ASAP science (just for fun)

Really hope this helps, Good luck... Just a tip, the content on all exam boards are very similar so you don't really have to look for OCR specifically.

Thanks, Which one of each would you recommend on the bases of how well they teach the content?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elhamm
Thanks, Which one of each would you recommend on the bases of how well they teach the content?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it varies on each channel, I would recommend you just to subscribe to all of them and check which topics you need help in and just watch the ones you need help on and jot down some notes.. I can't really say a specific one because some are better at explaining than others

Hope this helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending