The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by killa78
how have you kept track :gasp:

Thankfully I'd only been a fan for about two years when I signed up to Anime-Planet; almost everything I'd watched until then was either on my hard drives or on my DVD shelf, so it didn't take TOO long to add it all, and the site did the rest of the work. :tongue:

Adding all my manga to Goodreads last year was also quite the task. :giggle:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Thankfully I'd only been a fan for about two years when I signed up to Anime-Planet; almost everything I'd watched until then was either on my hard drives or on my DVD shelf, so it didn't take TOO long to add it all, and the site did the rest of the work. :tongue:

Adding all my manga to Goodreads last year was also quite the task. :giggle:

I'll be using that list as reference :colone:

I'm on a constant the hunt for more anime. I'm aiming to have a list soon that will last until October :u:
Original post by Binary Freak
I'll be using that list as reference :colone:

I'm on a constant the hunt for more anime. I'm aiming to have a list soon that will last until October :u:

Well, it goes without saying I'd highly recommend any of the series I've rated 5 out of 5. :biggrin:

I think the unwatched anime I have on HDD/Bluray would keep me busy for a few months, even if I cut out the weekly series that make up most of my viewing. :giggle: I've got long series like Kodocha and Maison Ikkoku still to start... the backlog is shrinking though, slowly. :p:
Well, it goes without saying I'd highly recommend any of the series I've rated 5 out of 5. :biggrin:

I think the unwatched anime I have on HDD/Bluray would keep me busy for a few months, even if I cut out the weekly series that make up most of my viewing. :giggle: I've got long series like Kodocha and Maison Ikkoku still to start... the backlog is shrinking though, slowly. :p:

I'm to generous with my ratings I think. >.<

I'll definitely give those a check, since it seems you give it thought when rating an anime:biggrin:

When I get settled into the new house I want to try and get a load of my ones backed up on my FTP, that way I'll never lose them. :colone:
I'm to generous with my ratings I think. >.<

I'll definitely give those a check, since it seems you give it thought when rating an anime:biggrin:

When I get settled into the new house I want to try and get a load of my ones backed up on my FTP, that way I'll never lose them. :colone:

I'm getting *a little* better with my ratings. They're still mostly on the high side, but I put that down to the fact that I don't usually watch things that I don't think I'll like, and I don't list shows that I've dropped. :p: There are probably a lot of anime on my list from 2005 - 2010 that I'd rate differently if I was watching them now, though. I keep planning to go back and rewatch a lot of the older stuff, but keep getting distracted by new shows instead. :p:

My 5/5 list is the one thing I do keep well regulated though - it also doubles as my Top 50 anime list, so any new series I watch will have to be better than one of the ones already on there before I'll give it 5 stars. :yes:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm getting *a little* better with my ratings. They're still mostly on the high side, but I put that down to the fact that I don't usually watch things that I don't think I'll like. :p: There are probably a lot of anime on my list from 2005 - 2010 that I'd rate differently if I was watching them now, though. I keep planning to go back and rewatch a lot of the older stuff, but keep getting distracted by new shows instead. :p:

My 5/5 list is the one thing I do keep well regulated though - it also doubles as my Top 50 anime list, so any new series I watch will have to be better than one of the ones already on there before I'll give it 5 stars. :yes:

I probably should've gave Deathnote a 4.5* tbf, it really died down after episode 25, I could barely get back into it until the last two episodes :cry:

I might do my final ratings when I go to rewatch them, though there's probably a few I don't intend on rewatching, Lovely Complex being one of those.
I probably should've gave Deathnote a 4.5* tbf, it really died down after episode 25, I could barely get back into it until the last two episodes :cry:

I might do my final ratings when I go to rewatch them, though there's probably a few I don't intend on rewatching, Lovely Complex being one of those.

I agree that the second half of Death Note was weaker, but I've still got it on 5/5 from way back... I'd probably rate it lower if I rewatched it, but it stays until then (or until something better makes the list - which it might well do this season). :yes:
I agree that the second half of Death Note was weaker, but I've still got it on 5/5 from way back... I'd probably rate it lower if I rewatched it, but it stays until then (or until something better makes the list - which it might well do this season). :yes:

I needed to go back a check my anime list not long ago. I was concerned that I might've rated Bakuman as 5*, but it's not even on my list so :lol:
Just curious with all these new people here since I've first joined...has anyone read Fap Note aka Onani Master Kurosawa? :mmm:
Nozaki-kun is seriously the best comedy I've seen in forever. Although I do think that how funny you find it is correlated to how much Shojo you have suffered through :tongue:

Other than that this season is quite disappointing :erm: I've heard good things about Zankyou no terror so I may give that a shot.
Original post by Llewellyn
Nozaki-kun is seriously the best comedy I've seen in forever. Although I do think that how funny you find it is correlated to how much Shojo you have suffered through :tongue:

Other than that this season is quite disappointing :erm: I've heard good things about Zankyou no terror so I may give that a shot.

i'm actually loving this season so far! i'm currently tracking nine new anime it's crazy haha. also Zankyou no Terror is awesome I recommend it (:
Original post by sasunerd
i'm actually loving this season so far! i'm currently tracking nine new anime it's crazy haha. also Zankyou no Terror is awesome I recommend it (:
Thanks for the reply - I've gotten so many recommendations for it that I think I'll have to look into it :tongue:

I don't know about this season, maybe I just started with the "wrong" shows.

Spoiler

So out of those, I like Akame and Rail Wars, although both aren't great. Then Nozaki-kun is absolutely amazing.
I've heard that (Sabageru/ Ao Haru Ride/ Aldnoah Zero/ Argevollen) are good - but none of these are really the genres I like. So perhaps this season just isn't for me :dontknow:

Will try Tokyo Ghoul and Barakamon as well as Zankyou no Terror. I'll probably set aside a few hours this evening to giving them a proper shot.
Thanks for the reply - I've gotten so many recommendations for it that I think I'll have to look into it :tongue:

Spoiler

So out of those, I like Akame and Rail Wars, although both aren't great. Then Nozaki-kun is absolutely amazing.
I've heard that (Sabageru/ Ao Haru Ride/ Aldnoah Zero/ Argevollen) are good - but none of these are really the genres I like. So perhaps this season just isn't for me :dontknow:

Will try Tokyo Ghoul and Barakamon as well as Zankyou no Terror. I'll probably set aside a few hours this evening to giving them a proper shot.

Zankyou no Terror is my favourite so far. Tokyo Ghoul is good however there's just too much censorship which definitely takes away from it, still the story is pretty good. Akame ga kill is overdramatic and the guy has already killed off someone which kinda cheapens the story a bit and I've been able to spot a few plot holes which is not good as I suck at spotting plot holes XD.

Spoiler

In my opinion, definitely the wrong shows - I either dropped or have considered dropping everything you mentioned in the spoiler. :p: Hopefully Tokyo Ghoul, Barakamon and Zankyou no Terror will raise your opinion on what I'm finding to be a good season overall. :smile:
I needed to go back a check my anime list not long ago. I was concerned that I might've rated Bakuman as 5*, but it's not even on my list so :lol:

If you haven't yet done so I would suggest watching Golden Time ^~^
As you're into romance and all that ;P

Also for anyone without anything to watch - watch planetes (it's sooooooo good)

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just another random clip from Nichijou, as they tend to be far more effective at getting people to watch it than recommendations or synopses. TBH I'm watching so many of these at the moment that I may as well go and rewatch the entire series myself. :p:

Ugh Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun isn't available on crunchyroll while in italy. GRAWATYRGEJHGRKJSEAHKFJH off to another site :rolleyes:

OMG picking up Zankyou was the BEST decision i've made all year. If it continues how it's going now i think it's going to be better than Death Note :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Iridann
If you haven't yet done so I would suggest watching Golden Time ^~^
As you're into romance and all that ;P

Also for anyone without anything to watch - watch planetes (it's sooooooo good)

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.

I just checked out Golden Time on Google, looks pretty good, I may end up delaying an anime for that!! :colone:
Picked up Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Quite enjoy it. Magic. Shounen. Romance :love:

But this sister with a brother complex :puke:

Latest