The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Masumah125
yes but naruto is a well known anime and you've been into anime for 9 years and I'm suprised you have not watched it :confused:

Meh, I've never been THAT into long running shounen battle series. One Piece and Hunter x Hunter have filled that niche in my watching list for the past three years, so I've not really been looking to pick up any others. Maybe that'll change when the latter ends, which could be soon...

Besides, finding obscure/forgotten series and recommending the good ones to people who've never heard of them but would probably like them feels quite fulfilling. :p:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Meh, I've never been THAT into long running shounen battle series. One Piece and Hunter x Hunter have filled that niche in my watching list for the past three years, so I've not really been looking to pick up any others. Maybe that'll change when the latter ends, which could be soon...

Besides, finding obscure/forgotten series and recommending the good ones to people who've never heard of them but would probably like them feels quite fulfilling. :p:

Why...you utterly despicable heap of overgrown and over fermented aromatic fossilized hadrosaurus meadow muffin, I despise your numbles to the nuclei and hope you meet your ends in an ostentatious pack of tumultuous and baleful rabbid honey badgers.

(edited 9 years ago)
Why...you utterly despicable heap of overgrown and over fermented aromatic fossilized hadrosaurus meadow muffin, I despise your numbles to the nuclei and hope you meet your ends in an ostentatious pack of tumultuous and baleful rabbid honey badgers.

I'm confused, long running shounen series are a tad over-rated.

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.
Original post by Iridann
X

I see why you couldn't watch Golden Time all at once. :colondollar:
Original post by Binary Freak
Yes:teeth:

It's brilliant, I've only started to watch it today :smile:

I must find the person that told me about this anime:colone:

I think it was me, are you the person who I gave the long list of Romance comedy animes to watch?,

I can't wait.till you reach the end ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnimeCrazy
I think it was me, are you the person who I gave the long list of Romance comedy animes to watch?,

I can't wait.till you reach the end ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea it was you that gave me a long list. I've not long ago just finished episode 10, and it did leave me with a few tears :colondollar:
Reply 7566
Oh dear a person hasnt seen a thing in a medium where over tens of thousands of similar things exist. :indiff:
Since we're on the subject of Naruto; I've not watched it either and don't actually ever plan on doing so. Granted, I've seen far fewer series than AJ, but still. I just don't see the appeal of trying desperately to catch up on a (or watch a completed) series that has several hundred episodes. About the only series I'm willing to watch that much of is Sailor Moon, and even then it's mostly because I'm nostalgic about it and watched a lot of it as a kid.

The Naruto fans completely terrify me as well so I'm scared of ever starting to watch it. All I've ever seen is 'YOU DON'T WATCH IT? HOW DARE YOU?' or hurling insults if you say you don't like it. >.<
I find Naruto entertaining but I'd probably only recommend it to someone who is very into traditional shounen fighting shows - really isn't everyone's thing.

Going to Berlin tonight for a few days - dreading my backlog when I get home on Tuesday night! Might be watching a bit too much this season.......
Original post by Iridann
I'm confused, long running shounen series are a tad over-rated.

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.

how?
Hi guys I'm new to anime so I was wondering what would you recommend me to watch?

I've seen Death Note and I absolutely loved it, I'm currently watching Hunter x Hunter and Dragon Ball both of which I'm enjoying and as a kid I loved Pokemon too. :smile:
Original post by The.Joker
Hi guys I'm new to anime so I was wondering what would you recommend me to watch?

I've seen Death Note and I absolutely loved it, I'm currently watching Hunter x Hunter and Dragon Ball both of which I'm enjoying and as a kid I loved Pokemon too. :smile:

strike the blood
one piece but there are over 600 episodes :biggrin: and still going
bleach but its finished
tokyo ghoul
detective conan
fullmetal alchemist
theres too may to say :angry: I'm just saying the ones off the top of my head

Sword Art Online is pretty good. 25 episodes long :smile:
strike the blood
one piece but there are over 600 episodes :biggrin: and still going
bleach but its finished
tokyo ghoul
detective conan
fullmetal alchemist
theres too may to say :angry: I'm just saying the ones off the top of my head

Original post by Keoje

Thanks guys, that should keep me busy for a while. :biggrin:

Just out of interest how many animes do you watch at any one time? Or do you finish watching one anime/catch up to its latest episode before watching a new one?
Original post by Keoje

:eek: forgot about that

I second Sword Art Online. It's very good.
And I'll always recommend Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan. It blew me away.
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Since we're on the subject of Naruto; I've not watched it either and don't actually ever plan on doing so. Granted, I've seen far fewer series than AJ, but still. I just don't see the appeal of trying desperately to catch up on a (or watch a completed) series that has several hundred episodes. About the only series I'm willing to watch that much of is Sailor Moon, and even then it's mostly because I'm nostalgic about it and watched a lot of it as a kid.

The Naruto fans completely terrify me as well so I'm scared of ever starting to watch it. All I've ever seen is 'YOU DON'T WATCH IT? HOW DARE YOU?' or hurling insults if you say you don't like it. >.<

sorry if i scared you...
Thanks guys, that should keep me busy for a while. :biggrin:

Just out of interest how many animes do you watch at any one time? Or do you finish watching one anime/catch up to its latest episode before watching a new one?

I have 3 ongoing series on the go at the moment - Haikyuu!!, Free! and Sword Art Online series 2. I'm catching up on Ace of Diamond, and then that'll go down to a once-a-week thing as well. I could probably juggle about 10 on the go series if there were that many I wanted to watch - because that's only going to be a couple of episodes a day at best, if you see my logic, which is how many I'm already watching in an attempt to catch up to AoD.
anybody know any new anime that has just started?
anybody know any new anime that has just started?

How are you defining 'just started'? The new Sailor Moon show is only about 4 episodes in, if that helps?

Latest