The Student Room Group

PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by AstroNandos
I'd go with the ps4. It's cheaper, more powerful, and isn't bundled with a motion sensor.

But I doubt I'll get a next gen console, I'm part of the pc master race :wink:

Haha! I better post this on Reddit for easy karma :smile:
Original post by jord089
I am just weighing up my options at the moment as I have had PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox and Xbox 360 so its a tough decision for me they both have good and bad points.

I think it's probably best to go with which your friends have or are going to buy. There's not many games out right now, so it's hard to base it off of the current released titles. Which console did you prefer last gen?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 222
I got the PS3 on the day it was relaased , but I got a 360 later in the year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 223
Xbox one!
These gamers on Xbox Live are 360 Gamers with 360-only Gamertags. This means that you will only be able to play with the fans that move on to the One. The same applies to your 360 games. If you get a PS Plus account , you can stream your PS3 games through the superfast lagfree PlayStation Cloud (powered by SOE-Gaikai). And "highly isolated"reports of BLOD with the PS4 are due to rough handling in delivery. Sony have said that "This is within our expectations for a new product introduction, and the vast majority of PS4 feedback has been overwhelmingly positive," the statement said. "We are closely monitoring for additional reports, but we think these are isolated incidents and are on track for a great launch."
The sales figures of the PS4 are rocketing ahead of the Xbox One with the 8th-gen console era "swing" sliding in favour of the Playstation brand. Indeed, it would appear that the PS4 is the better bet for a person seeking to save such as urself. An official statistic: "the number of affected systems, Sony said, amounted to less than 0.4% of the units that have been shipped -- or less than 4,000 out of 1 million."
And the graphical prowess of next gen games is already showing itself. I understand that you don't see any real difference between a mid-end PC rig and the consoles' graphical prowess but both consoles are proving to be significantly cheaper than gaming rigs.
Original post by zkrjebril
Playstation Now sounds epic. Now that PSN has evolved into the Playstation Cloud, powered by Gaikai. Its not only the fastest network, it will offer revolutionary demo-streaming ability, PS+ Gold will offer the ability to stream EVERY PS-store game for free on a hourly limit. And then there's Playstation Now. Its gonna offer a subscription based, lag-free server-side online game streaming service to every paying PS4 out there.

Its like Netflix. FOR GAMES.

Meh.
Original post by zkrjebril
And the graphical prowess of next gen games is already showing itself. I understand that you don't see any real difference between a mid-end PC rig and the consoles' graphical prowess but both consoles are proving to be significantly cheaper than gaming rigs.

Ummmmm, ok? slightly iffy claim to begin with, but now consider the lower game prices, no need for a subscription for online use, the lack of need for another machine for work, and tell me it's cheaper to buy a console.
Neither. Im content with my 360 for now. But no doubt in a few years, I`ll have to buy one of the two, as after a while, old console versions go out of fashion and the latest games are only released on the new consoles. I hate when that happens lol
Original post by Mav455
Neither. Im content with my 360 for now. But no doubt in a few years, I`ll have to buy one of the two, as after a while, old console versions go out of fashion and the latest games are only released on the new consoles. I hate when that happens lol

I find it mildly amusing when people say this, surely this could be extended to say "Games should still be made to be supported on Atari 2600", or at the very least, say "Halo 5 should be available on the original Xbox"
Original post by Jammy Duel
I find it mildly amusing when people say this, surely this could be extended to say "Games should still be made to be supported on Atari 2600", or at the very least, say "Halo 5 should be available on the original Xbox"

But what you quoted doesn't say anything like that.
Original post by ozzyoscy
But what you quoted doesn't say anything like that.

OMG Something wasn't said in a post, so nobody in the world thinks it!

Er, ok... again the reply is irrelevant to what you're quoting. Like the post you quoted, with a reply starting with "I find it mildly amusing when people say this, surely this..."
Er, ok... again the reply is irrelevant to what you're quoting. Like the post you quoted, with a reply starting with "I find it mildly amusing when people say this, surely this..."

Except it is relevant. They commented on how new titles won't be on old systems. I was commenting on how people complain about this. So, how is it irrelevant?
Except it is relevant. They commented on how new titles won't be on old systems. I was commenting on how people complain about this. So, how is it irrelevant?

Because no one said it.

Unless you were just randomly informing us of a random fact about you, which would be worrying.
Because no one said it.

Unless you were just randomly informing us of a random fact about you, which would be worrying.

PC gamer
Cares about games not being on old consoles. #logic
been a sony man since ps1 days, lol @ u if you think I'm gonna change now
PC gamer
Cares about games not being on old consoles. #logic

So I see it was the latter, indicative of an internet forum addiction.

Then why on Earth did you quote it, let alone while saying "when people say this"? Your sarcasm is odd.
Original post by Neverdie
Then why on Earth did you quote it, let alone while saying "when people say this"? Your sarcasm is odd.

Or your comprehension of sarcasm is odd.
Or your comprehension of sarcasm is odd.

Why are all of your replies so random and unconnected? You have ADD? (I don't know how to ask without it sounding like an internet insult)

Quick Reply

Latest