The Student Room Group

Biology AS Edexcel

Hello
I am doing edexcel Biology. Could someone please suggest textbooks or revision guides to use, that follow the exact spec of edexcel as i am stuck on what book i should be using to revise from.
Thank u
Reply 1
Original post by Miss.Anon
Hello
I am doing edexcel Biology. Could someone please suggest textbooks or revision guides to use, that follow the exact spec of edexcel as i am stuck on what book i should be using to revise from.
Thank u

Are you doing SNAB or the concept-led approach?

I'm doing A2 Edexcel Biology and use the official Edexcel Biology Revision Guide for both SNAB and concept-led approaches, as well as their textbook. Depending on what grade you're aiming for, look into the biozone student workbooks, we were advised to have these if we were aiming for A grades!
Reply 2
Original post by ALJayde
Are you doing SNAB or the concept-led approach?

I'm doing A2 Edexcel Biology and use the official Edexcel Biology Revision Guide for both SNAB and concept-led approaches, as well as their textbook. Depending on what grade you're aiming for, look into the biozone student workbooks, we were advised to have these if we were aiming for A grades!

I am aiming for an A, so i wanted a book that had all the content on the book to get an A. First when i asked my teachers said just use the revision guide, but i dont think that would be enough (or wud it?) The school advise was that we use a orange coloured SNAB book if we really wanted to use a text book [h="1"]Salters Nuffield Advanced Biology AS Student Book (Edexcel A Level Sciences) or we should use this book on the link, which i am using now
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Biology-AS-C-Clegg/dp/0340966238/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412007124&sr=1-1&keywords=AS++edexcel+biology+textbook[/h]
My teachers want everyone to get C+, so i dont think they providing me with the right information about what book i should choose. If you dont mind, could you tell me which of these book or if another book you used and sent me a link to that please.
Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
I solely used the CGP guide and did past papers and got an A* in A-level Edexcel biology
will the book cover the whole spec
i use the AQA Alevel Biology book published by Oxford University Press

Quick Reply

Latest