The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by citizen__erased
Introduced to anime not so long ago by a friend whose first recommendation Death Note, which I thought was fantastic.

Tried to get into Psycho Pass afterwards which had an ok first 6 episodes but never felt the urge to continue watching.

Thinking of trying either Code Geass or Attack on Titans soon. Which would you people recommend?

If you liked death note, Code Geass is really similar and I'm sure you'd like it too.
Finally finished the first series of the season gone by :tongue: Aldnoah Zero.

Of my limited viewings it has certainly been the best so far. The last 2 episodes in particular were enjoyable, damn plot twist!

EDIT:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Whatever this week's Mahouka episode is.

Spoiler

Original post by nixonsjellybeans

Of my limited viewings it has certainly been the best so far. The last 2 episodes in particular were enjoyable, damn plot twist!

EDIT:

Spoiler

I'm curious as to what you have read

Spoiler

Watched the fist two Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica movies this weekend. Nearly forgot how great the series was! My partner made me watch the series originally, at first I was like 'why are you making me watch an anime for 6 year old girls!?' by feelings quickly shifted to this: :eek:
Original post by El Nombre
I'm curious as to what you have read

Spoiler

Spoiler

For those that watched the 1st episode of Terra Formars, did you watch it censored?
Reply 7986

EDIT:

Spoiler

Personally, aside from the stellar animation and soundtrack, there's not much else to write home about when it comes to Aldnoah Zero. The script, whilst cliched, had potential to begin with, but I can't say I've been all that impressed by the direction the series has taken as we've reached the finale of the first season. The plot development has been marginal at best and the revelation at the end seemed to serve nothing more than to add some shock value to entice viewers to return for the second season, even though it felt rather empty. Still, I'll reserve judgement on the series as a whole until I've seen the second season. Hopefully, it'll be able to tie up some of the loose ends.
Original post by Aiko
Personally, aside from the stellar animation and soundtrack, there's not much else to write home about when it comes to Aldnoah Zero. The script, whilst cliched, had potential to begin with, but I can't say I've been all that impressed by the direction the series has taken as we've reached the finale of the first season. The plot development has been marginal at best and the revelation at the end seemed to serve nothing more than to add some shock value to entice viewers to return for the second season, even though it felt rather empty. Still, I'll reserve judgement on the series as a whole until I've seen the second season. Hopefully, it'll be able to tie up some of the loose ends.

Without a doubt it was a series that you switched your brain off and just watched like an action film or something. It was good to do this for once :tongue:
I only watched Free! Eternal Summer and Sabagebu! to the end from the summer season but loved both so quite a good season for me. :tongue:
Reply 7989
Without a doubt it was a series that you switched your brain off and just watched like an action film or something. It was good to do this for once :tongue:

Yeah, I suppose if you can look past the lack of direction and the nonsensical revelation at the end, it was somewhat enjoyable to watch. :yes: If I were to compare this anime to another, it's very much reminiscent of Guilty Crown in terms of its strengths and weaknesses. :tongue:
Tokyo Ghoul, Terror in Tokyo, Chaika: The Coffin Princess and Akame Ga Kill. Best new animes yet.:yy:

Hope they go on for many seasons at the same level.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Nisekoi is getting a 2nd season. :smile:
Tokyo ghoul is amazing
I am going to watch episode two soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Nisekoi is getting a 2nd season. :smile:

It's got enough material nearly for a season 3 if the number of chapters is something to go by. Anyhow...

:party:

Onodera-chan :love:
I've finally gotten around to watching SAO and I'm in love :smile:
Hey guys, can you lend me a hand in understanding two series? And also tell me if they're actually worth watching; they're both quite highly rated, so I assume so, but I can't say I agree with every highly rated anime's rating.

First, Gintama. There's Gintama, Gintama' and Gintama 2012. I'm guessing that the first link is the original, the second is some sort of Dragon Ball Kai-esque thing perhaps, but no idea what the third is. What's what and which should I watch, if any?

Then there's Mushishi. We have Mushishi and Mushishi Zoku Shou, plus a few specials (1, 2). Is the former the original with the latter a remake? I saw there's also a season two coming out of the newer one.
Original post by xDave-
Hey guys, can you lend me a hand in understanding two series? And also tell me if they're actually worth watching; they're both quite highly rated, so I assume so, but I can't say I agree with every highly rated anime's rating.

First, Gintama. There's Gintama, Gintama' and Gintama 2012. I'm guessing that the first link is the original, the second is some sort of Dragon Ball Kai-esque thing perhaps, but no idea what the third is. What's what and which should I watch, if any?

Then there's Mushishi. We have Mushishi and Mushishi Zoku Shou, plus a few specials (1, 2). Is the former the original with the latter a remake? I saw there's also a season two coming out of the newer one.

With regards to Gintama, I'm pretty certain it's just one long series. Gintama ran for a long time then they took a break as they were caught up with the manga. Then once they had enough chapters to adapt, they resumed the anime as Gintama' before taking a brief break and returning with Ginatama (2012). Hope that helped. :smile:
Original post by xDave-

All the Gintama (as TroyAndAbed explained) and Mushishi entries are continuations of the same story featuring the same main character(s), they're only listed as different series because of the gaps between airing. No remakes there.

As for whether they're worth watching... I've not seen Gintama, and found Mushishi a bit slow and episodic (which some people like, but I personally aren't too fond of). :dontknow:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TroyAndAbed
x
Original post by AngryJellyfish
x

Alrighty, thanks for the help. I'm not too fond of longer, ongoing series so I'll probably give them a miss for now! I'll just have to contend with what's coming out in this autumn season then :tongue: I'll be watching Fate Stay Night as I really enjoyed Fate Zero, and I've seen a lot of people recommending Parasyte, so I'll probably try that.
Reply 7999
Yes! Fate/Zero and I can't wait for Fate stay night 2014 :O MY FEELS

Latest