The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muaaz98
Oh my god Aqa take forever!!! Anybody know when the remark deadline is for exam boards to have all the remarks in?

It 30 days after you submitted your remark request.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im retaking Maths in Novemeber Edexcel Higher, does anyone know what topics may come up :frown:
Original post by ok2
Oh right, ok, sorry. I read somewhere that it was sometime in November (I can't seem to find it again, but I read it somewhere on the AQA website). Don't worry about it, they do take a really long time, but you'll get it soon :biggrin:

I know :frown: it is really upsetting. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the mark :biggrin:. Some people have gone up by a significant amount, so I'm sure you'll be fine too :smile:
thanks for the reassurance! I do only need 1 mark so if I do get it I think il instantly have forgotten the wait :biggrin:
Original post by kingaaran
It 30 days after you submitted your remark request.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right thanks! 15th October should be the absolute deadline then I guess.
Reply 484
My Aqa history went up 3 UMS to an A*!! Definitely worth going for a remark, even though I was told that history remarks at our school had never gone up before!:-)
I took my science GCSE a year early and was the only one in my school to do so as the rest dropped out.
I really wasn't ready for exams and I just didn't prepare as well as I should have, it just felt like a mock really.

This year I've decided I want to do medicine and I need an A/A*. I got a B( one mark off an A) already sent for remarking.

Should I re-sit?
If I re-sit and do worse, will I keep my worse grade?
Help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
I took my science GCSE a year early and was the only one in my school to do so as the rest dropped out.
I really wasn't ready for exams and I just didn't prepare as well as I should have, it just felt like a mock really.

This year I've decided I want to do medicine and I need an A/A*. I got a B( one mark off an A) already sent for remarking.

Should I re-sit?
If I re-sit and do worse, will I keep my worse grade?
Help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can resit, if you want. If you do worse, you will keep your best grade, and it's perfectly acceptable to say that you got the better grade. However, you do have to declare all certificated grades when you apply to university, so keep that in mind too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can resit, if you want. If you do worse, you will keep your best grade, and it's perfectly acceptable to say that you got the better grade. However, you do have to declare all certificated grades when you apply to university, so keep that in mind too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou, will they look upon GCSE resist negatively?! I thought it was A-level resits most rejected?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankyou, will they look upon GCSE resist negatively?! I thought it was A-level resits most rejected?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't think so, especially if you did better. If you didn't perform better, then maybe.

And that is correct - A Level resits tend to be condemned more, in comparison to GCSE resits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't think so, especially if you did better. If you didn't perform better, then maybe.

And that is correct - A Level resits tend to be condemned more, in comparison to GCSE resits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thankyou, my teacher said he's going to enter me in November/December to sit the exam In May :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
My remark is FINALLY back after 5 weeks but I have to wait to tomorrow to find out if it changed, wish me luck!
Original post by DustToDust
My remark is FINALLY back after 5 weeks but I have to wait to tomorrow to find out if it changed, wish me luck!

Good luck, what did you need remarking&how many UMS were you off the next grade?:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck, what did you need remarking&how many UMS were you off the next grade?:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! English lit and 1 ums off A* :smile:
Thank you! English lit and 1 ums off A* :smile:

Wow! Good luck:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow! Good luck:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile:
Good news guys! My English lit remark went to an A*! :smile:

CONGRATS!😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! So happy!

Omg Yes!!! Mines still on the way and that reassures me soooo much!! How much did your unit 2 go up by?
Original post by Muaaz98
Omg Yes!!! Mines still on the way and that reassures me soooo much!! How much did your unit 2 go up by?

It went up by 3 marks. Not much but I only needed one so I'm not complaining! Good luck! Hope you get the grade you want :smile:

Latest