The Student Room Group

How screwed am I

I want to do maths at imperial or oxbridge preferably
I got 9888877664 In my GCSEs
4 bieng English Lang 9 in maths 888 in sciences 8 in history 7 in English lit

A levels : Maths Further Maths Chemistry Physics

Do these top unis care about my English Lang result
I have dyslexia so English has always been a problem but idk if I would get an offer because I don’t meet a requirement for English language
i think im dyslexic too? i spell my words wrong a lot, even though i know the actual spellibg, and i stutter/ say the wrong word a lot while talking and reading, even know i know what imr eading?? i also read/write slow and find it hard to concentrate.
Original post by Nb4t
I want to do maths at imperial or oxbridge preferably
I got 9888877664 In my GCSEs
4 bieng English Lang 9 in maths 888 in sciences 8 in history 7 in English lit

A levels : Maths Further Maths Chemistry Physics

Do these top unis care about my English Lang result
I have dyslexia so English has always been a problem but idk if I would get an offer because I don’t meet a requirement for English language

Imperial requires you have a minimum grade 6 in English Language as part of the proof that you can speak English fluently. However, you can just retake your GCSE English language. Make sure you get the support you're supposed to have and get it remarked too, as English is notorious for having grades jump up randomly. Check this as well: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/apply/english-language/english-language-exemption/

As for Oxbridge, you need all your grades to be 7-9 as they do check that. Again, you can retake, but consider that time spent retaking GCSEs is time not spent on your A-Lvs. There are other Unis out there that might also provide the course you want to do, but if you really want into Oxbridge or Imperial, you're going to have to do 40 hours + of revision/week + GCSE revision for your resits.
Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest