The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Do you think a score of 42/43 will be sufficient enough?
Original post by frozo123
Do you think a score of 42/43 will be sufficient enough?

are you serious? Ofc it will!
Reply 242
I have 46/52 will that be okay?

So frustrating getting 700 in 2 UKCAT sections just missing out on the 701-800 band!!
Reply 243
My predicted grades for AS : AAAAa
Predicted grades for A-Level: A*AAA
IGCSE: 8A* and 1A (total of 9 subjects)
UKCAT: 2640 and Band 1. (Average = 660)

Score of 44/52

Is that good enough?
Original post by eglande
I have 46/52 will that be okay?

So frustrating getting 700 in 2 UKCAT sections just missing out on the 701-800 band!!

should do :smile:

Original post by DJ1997
My predicted grades for AS : AAAAa
Predicted grades for A-Level: A*AAA
IGCSE: 8A* and 1A (total of 9 subjects)
UKCAT: 2640 and Band 1. (Average = 660)

Score of 44/52

Is that good enough?

slighlty risky IMO
Reply 245
Original post by Nottie
should do :smile:

slighlty risky IMO

I am not keen on their scoring system for UKCAT; I was at the top of 3 of the 4 points bands I was in so my UKCAT of 2900 could score the same as 2640...or even the same as 3000
Original post by eglande
I am not keen on their scoring system for UKCAT; I was at the top of 3 of the 4 points bands I was in so my UKCAT of 2900 could score the same as 2640...or even the same as 3000

Plus their linear scoring system doesn't accurately reflect the normal distributon of the scores, so 700 should be worth at least 2 more than 600.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I am 3rd year biomed predicted a 1st (or high 2:1). I got 2610 (652.5) in my ukcat - I am aware that this is not the best but UKCAT. I have decent work experience and extra-curricular stuff.

I really need some help as the deadline is quickly approaching. I need some help with choosing my fourth university. My choices:

1 - St Georges GEP
2 - Swansea GEP
3 - Keele 5 year (this because I know they're not too harsh with UKCAT
4 - I don't know (Sheffield, Leicester, Manchester???)

I don't know what my fourth option should be. I probably need it to be a university that's not too strict with UKCAT, but still uses it. I know I make the minimum requirement for Sheffield but I also know that it is very competitive. I'm not 100% sure about other unis. I know ukcat overall is lower this year, but does anyone have any suggestions about a fourth university I should apply to?

Somebody please help me out.

Thanking you guys in advance,

document35
When can you expect an invitation to interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by document35
Hi,

I am 3rd year biomed predicted a 1st (or high 2:1). I got 2610 (652.5) in my ukcat - I am aware that this is not the best but UKCAT. I have decent work experience and extra-curricular stuff.

I really need some help as the deadline is quickly approaching. I need some help with choosing my fourth university. My choices:

1 - St Georges GEP
2 - Swansea GEP
3 - Keele 5 year (this because I know they're not too harsh with UKCAT
4 - I don't know (Sheffield, Leicester, Manchester???)

I don't know what my fourth option should be. I probably need it to be a university that's not too strict with UKCAT, but still uses it. I know I make the minimum requirement for Sheffield but I also know that it is very competitive. I'm not 100% sure about other unis. I know ukcat overall is lower this year, but does anyone have any suggestions about a fourth university I should apply to?

Somebody please help me out.

Thanking you guys in advance,

document35

Think I posted before, but look at Bristol/Liverpool if you can apply there
Original post by MrStealYourGirl
When can you expect an invitation to interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Early ones were sent out right before Christmas and the other around the end of Januray, middle February
Hey Guys:

My stats: 7A*s,1A and 2Bs (B in english)

AS: AABB

Achieved A levels: AAA

UKCAT: 2560 (640 avg)
VR - 520
QR - 610
AR -740
DA -640

i am reapplyiing and thinking of Nottingham, please can someone advise me of Nottingham is a wise choice.

help is really apppreciated, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beansontoast92
Hey Guys:

My stats: 7A*s,1A and 2Bs (B in english)

AS: AABB

Achieved A levels: AAA

UKCAT: 2560 (640 avg)
VR - 520
QR - 610
AR -740
DA -640

i am reapplyiing and thinking of Nottingham, please can someone advise me of Nottingham is a wise choice.

help is really apppreciated, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

browse this thread and find guidlines on how to calculate your interview score and repost so we can help you better!
Original post by Nottie
browse this thread and find guidlines on how to calculate your interview score and repost so we can help you better!

Ok so I have;
14/16 pts for GCSEs
28/36 pts for the UKCAT
Giving a total of 43/52pts
Is this a sufficient score (I think I've calculated it right lol)?

And on another note does Nottingham accept modular resits for Alevels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 254
Ok so I have;
14/16 pts for GCSEs
28/36 pts for the UKCAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

They accept one module per subject for resits, to betaken within the 2 years.
Ok so I have;
14/16 pts for GCSEs
28/36 pts for the UKCAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

no idea if it does tbh. And I guess it is alright, although Nottingham will be your "risker" choice
What are your scores of u don't mind me asking?

I know it is risky:/, it's either Nottingham or liverpool. Lots of extremely low UKCAT ppl will apply to liverpool to competition there will increase, and I'm not sure where else I can apply, any suggestions?

Ohh no I have resat 2 modules in biology and 3 modules in maths (both within 2 years though), will this mean I'll be rejected then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
Anyone has applied to Nottingham this year since it is rather quiet on this thread?
Also. on the stalking thread for Medicine 2015, Nottingham has just disappeared. Strange.
Original post by lucky111
Hi
Anyone has applied to Nottingham this year since it is rather quiet on this thread?
Also. on the stalking thread for Medicine 2015, Nottingham has just disappeared. Strange.

I have. My first choice uni! Hopefully there will be less applicants then :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 259
What are your scores of u don't mind me asking?

I know it is risky:/, it's either Nottingham or liverpool. Lots of extremely low UKCAT ppl will apply to liverpool to competition there will increase, and I'm not sure where else I can apply, any suggestions?

Ohh no I have resat 2 modules in biology and 3 modules in maths (both within 2 years though), will this mean I'll be rejected then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should probably call them asap to check your individual circumstances so that you don't waste an application . In the open day they clearly said one resit per subject, and gave the reason that it replicates the uni standards where you can resit an exam in med school once only.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending