The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ksimmonds
So just did the deloitte initial interview / group exercise

The group exercise is the one mentioned on wiki jobs - re everyone having a different city and argue that the event should be held at their city-

The case study you have 15 mins to review it- then your interviewer comes to get you and asks you questions about it - the questions aren't that difficult- but at the same time are abit unclear as well- I didn't get them all first time round and it took me a while to answer them so see this as being a huge negative -

The interview itself was fine - basically just asked me to talk about a big project and then interrupted me every now and again to clarify or ask questions. I'm 100% sure I failed as the other candidates talked a lot more in the group exercise (there were 7 of us) so I guess I'd just say try to find good questions to ask each individual about the city- time keeping is very difficult as there isn't very long. If anyone has any specific questions then feel free to ask.

Thank's for this, I really appreciate it.

I just have a couple of questions:

Re case study:

What kind of case study was it? (e.g. how to increase profits for a company?).

And what kind of questions did the interviewer ask?

Was it just a Q&A-type thing? I thought it was going to be more about you talking through your ideas.

Re interview:

So was it literally just "tell me about a big project you have been involved in?" and you spoke and they just asked questions here and there?

How long was this portion of the interview?

What kind of questions did they ask?

So no "why Deloitte?" "why consulting?"...questions?

Thanks very much!
(edited 9 years ago)
has anyone completed or been invited to do online tests for Credo?
Reply 442
Original post by tasmith247
has anyone completed or been invited to do online tests for Credo?

Got an invite for the Maths test today but have no idea what to expect. Does anyone else know details?
Original post by Throwaway2521
Thank's for this, I really appreciate it.

I just have a couple of questions:

Re case study:

What kind of case study was it? (e.g. how to increase profits for a company?).

And what kind of questions did the interviewer ask?

Was it just a Q&A-type thing? I thought it was going to be more about you talking through your ideas.

Re interview:

So was it literally just "tell me about a big project you have been involved in?" and you spoke and they just asked questions here and there?

How long was this portion of the interview?

What kind of questions did they ask?

So no "why Deloitte?" "why consulting?"...questions?

Thanks very much!

It lasted for a total of 50 mins and it did focus on the project but there were some questions like how did you deal with conflicts that arose during the project urm there was also questions like what do you think you'll be doing in the role on a day to day basis why do you want to work for deloitte didn't come up actually! They asked me why I wanted to change roles and asked whether there was anything I'd change on the project how I'd improve the morale.
Rejection from BCG today.

Did Bain tests yesterday, if you are good at SHL/Kenexa then there isn't a lot different, little bit more time pressure.
Original post by TC2016
Definitely email them for an update! It took about a month to get my first round interview which I had yesterday morning and just got told I passed so I'm through to the final stage! It's worth the wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi mate. I emailed them last week as you asked and they said they're still trying to get availability for interviews and should inform me this week. I just wanted to know, when they called you how long did you have for preparation. As in how many days/ weeks was it from EY phoning you to tell you that you have an interview to your actual interview date.
Many thanks
Reply 446
Seems to be fairly typical, but I'm awaiting interview dates to become available at Deloitte. They've just invited me to the first stage interview.

I'm actually quite looking forward to it.
Reply 447
Bain tests were not difficult; just a time crunch. Anybody have any idea how they weight them - e.g. is there a passing score or are they just looked at with the rest of your CV? Anybody hear back yet after the tests? Or know when we'll hear back?

Have not yet heard from BCG London. Anybody in the same boat?
Reply 448
I received a message from Strategy& yesterday after my test saying I met the selection criteria, to now wake up to a message that they reluctantly changed their mind and I don't meet the selection criteria for the test. I am very confused. I scored above average on both tests so I am not quite certain why this happened?
Also received a rejection from BCG yesterday. Bit gutted really.
Reply 450
Anyone heard back from Oliver Wyman after taking the test??
Original post by PP5246
Anyone heard back from Oliver Wyman after taking the test??

No, I took them start of Oct, and still haven't heard back.
Rejection from BCG last night as well
Reply 453
BCG rejection here too.

Life goes on...lol
Reply 454
Did anyone hear anything else from BCG London. I applied in August and haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 455
Update from Deloitte.

They are doing another CV shift and will let us know next week about an AC at the end of nov
Original post by jsd29
Update from Deloitte.

They are doing another CV shift and will let us know next week about an AC at the end of nov

Yeah got that. Surprised there isn't a normal first round.
Got rejection from Strategy& the other day.

Surprised a little. Did well in online tests because both said "exceptional" or 5/5 on scoring (but that's probably not TOO hard because it was only SHL).

It really sucks none of these companies can be a little open about what they look at and how they review things. For some it seems good online tests gets you a first round interview, for others it seems something else entirely.
Reply 458
Did anyone else get an automated e-mail from McKinsey saying they would let us know the outcome by 12th November (i.e. Today) ?
Reply 459
yeah it was supposed to be today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending