The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Just got an interview ! Score of 45

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hukdealz
interview with 44 + poor personal statement.

I'm happy,but I only saw the email late last night and I can't make either of the two remaining dates. Any advice on what to do?

Ring up and say that you can't make any of the dates, they'll likely give you a February slot :biggrin:
Reply 422
Original post by lulagirl15
Just got an interview ! Score of 45

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, i was wondering how you worked out your score of 45/52. i cant seem to find details on scoring
can someone link me to their scoring document, can't remember what my score was now i did it so long ago!
Original post by shneebs1
can someone link me to their scoring document, can't remember what my score was now i did it so long ago!

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/documents/ugstudy-docs/school-of-medicine-scoring-of-applications-2015-(a100).pdf
Reply 425
Hi, i got a score of 43/52 and haven't got an interview yet. thinking i will probably get rejected. I got 540, 890, 570, 570 in each UKCAT section so total of 2570. I got 4 As at AS Level and did got A* in A Level maths as i did it a year early. Predicted 3 A*s and A* in EPQ. Do you guys think i still have a chance of interview??
I got an interview with 46. Does anyone know what the other interview dates will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how many people they're interviewing in total? And also perhaps how many offers they'll give out?
Original post by dhl97
Hi, i got a score of 43/52 and haven't got an interview yet. thinking i will probably get rejected. I got 540, 890, 570, 570 in each UKCAT section so total of 2570. I got 4 As at AS Level and did got A* in A Level maths as i did it a year early. Predicted 3 A*s and A* in EPQ. Do you guys think i still have a chance of interview??

The admissions procedure is score as per the admissions document (GCSEs and UKCAT) and top approx 50% get their PS read and scored. This is then added to academic score and they invite top approx 700-800 (I believe) for interview, so AS levels, EPQ, projected/achieved A2 grades are not taken into consideration. Nobody can be clear what the cut off may be as a strong PS may make up for a slightly weaker academic score. They have only sent some of the interview invites out and I suspect will be working there way down a list, so hold tight, you may yet get an interview. Good luck
Original post by _lilly_
I got an interview with 46. Does anyone know what the other interview dates will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

6th Feb has been added now
Reply 430
Thanks for the help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _lilly_

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats. I got 46 too! But I haven't got an interview yet :frown:
Does anyone know how the scoring works for graduates to A100? Because we're told we only need AAA at alevel and a 2:1 or higher but i don't think they look at our GCSEs

I'm guessing we might only be ranked by our UKCAT score and only against other grads?

ps, any grads heard anything yet? haha
Got an interview few days ago:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 434
They say we must bring "Copies of academic achievements e.g. most recent transcripts, GCSE certificates (if taken), a copy of your year 10/11 transcripts". Does this include UKCAT?
Original post by hjhg
They say we must bring "Copies of academic achievements e.g. most recent transcripts, GCSE certificates (if taken), a copy of your year 10/11 transcripts". Does this include UKCAT?

I'll probably take mine - better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hjhg

I wouldn't think they need to confirm that since Pearson Vue would have sent the results directly... If you have the sheet of paper to hand there is no reason not to take it just in case but I really don't think they meant UKCAT since it isn't really a standard 'academic achievement' per say :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GANFYD
6th Feb has been added now

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AccidentalGenius
Congrats. I got 46 too! But I haven't got an interview yet :frown:

I'm sure you'll get one then as long as your personal statement's fine :smile: don't lose hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do they mean by transcripts? Are they the sheets with the ums scores because I may have written calculations all over mine...do you think they are needed if we have the certificates as well?
Also how I am going to try and get proof of my work experience from 3 years ago I am still not sure...:/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending