The Student Room Group

Are Summer Internships for First Years?

I applied to an EY Summer Internship and am in my First year, I`ve gotten through the tests and online form and have been invited for an interview, but was recently told they are only for people in their second year? But I did mention in my application that i`m a first year and entered my Uni course dates. Im worried theres been a mistake, unless they`ve overlooked this? Should I ring them up?
If it didn't explicitly say for penultimate year students then you're okay - worst comes to the worst they'll just say apply again next year.

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Hunarench95
If it didn't explicitly say for penultimate year students then you're okay - worst comes to the worst they'll just say apply again next year.

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found the internship vacancy through the careers search site and it mainly informs about EY and the entry requirements (300 UCAS, predicted 2.1 and B in English language), but do you think I should ring up? I dont wanna go through the interview and then after be told I have to apply next year. I explicitly mentioned I was a first year as in the online form it asks for your module marks and in the text box I said I dont have them as I`m first year.
Original post by Econ1906
I found the internship vacancy through the careers search site and it mainly informs about EY and the entry requirements (300 UCAS, predicted 2.1 and B in English language), but do you think I should ring up? I dont wanna go through the interview and then after be told I have to apply next year. I explicitly mentioned I was a first year as in the online form it asks for your module marks and in the text box I said I dont have them as I`m first year.

HR are meticulous when it comes to first round filtering; if the internship isn't open to first years they won't invite you to interview (they don't miss anything - especially as you mentioned it in the module mark section as well)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending