The Student Room Group

Anyone been to a Rolls Royce Assessment centre?

I have an invite for an AC in the finance dep. of RR.

I'm looking for a bit of advice on what to expect etc? I appreciate that you won't be allowed to reveal anything big, but anything will help :smile:

Thanks
Original post by spurs1995
I have an invite for an AC in the finance dep. of RR.

I'm looking for a bit of advice on what to expect etc? I appreciate that you won't be allowed to reveal anything big, but anything will help :smile:

Thanks

Hi,

I've just finished a 6 month internship with RR (Derby) and returning back next summer for a 10 week internship at Bristol.

Without giving too much away, the assessment centre is broken down into a number of parts. You're emailed the agenda of the day and told what to prepare for.

My top tips:

Brush up on your technical knowledge for the role you are applying for (assuming accounting or finance?) Having a few quirky bits of knowledge to surprise the interviewer will go in your favour!

Take a leadership role in any group activities without being bossy or unreasonable, understanding everyone's point of view. Dont stay silent and just follow orders whatever you do.

Have good answers to awkward competency based questions - i.e. give a time when you failed at a task and what did you do to counter this? Google for more examples. DON'T sound scripted when you answer!

I would give more tips but I don't want to increase my competition in applying to grad roles! Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by authentic
Hi,

I've just finished a 6 month internship with RR (Derby) and returning back next summer for a 10 week internship at Bristol.

Without giving too much away, the assessment centre is broken down into a number of parts. You're emailed the agenda of the day and told what to prepare for.

My top tips:

Brush up on your technical knowledge for the role you are applying for (assuming accounting or finance?) Having a few quirky bits of knowledge to surprise the interviewer will go in your favour!

Take a leadership role in any group activities without being bossy or unreasonable, understanding everyone's point of view. Dont stay silent and just follow orders whatever you do.

Have good answers to awkward competency based questions - i.e. give a time when you failed at a task and what did you do to counter this? Google for more examples. DON'T sound scripted when you answer!

I would give more tips but I don't want to increase my competition in applying to grad roles! Hope this helps :smile:

Ok thanks very much! Do you know how many candidates are in one assessment day?
Original post by spurs1995
Ok thanks very much! Do you know how many candidates are in one assessment day?

There were around 12 at mine
Reply 4
Hey once we are successful in the online assessment is it sure that we will be called for the assessment center? Thanks
Reply 5
Hey how did you prepare for the online assessments? I have to complete a verbal reasoning with planning capability.. not sure how to prepare for the planning one
Reply 6
I got rejected !!! How did you do the online assessment
Original post by trips_93
Hey once we are successful in the online assessment is it sure that we will be called for the assessment center? Thanks

Hey, have you heard back yet? I was successful in the assessment as well, but its been six weeks and haven't heard back!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending