The Student Room Group

Rolls Royce 2023 Grad Sceme

Hey guys, I couldn't find any thread for 2023 grad scheme so thought of starting a new thread. I am done with my assessment, passed it couple of weeks ago but still no response regarding final stage assessment neither any rejection
did anyone got an invite for AC yet ?

Scroll to see replies

Hello,
Thanks for making this thread. I applied to the engineering grad scheme in late September I think. I passed the game-based assessment and got a mail saying that my application is sent to the next stage. This was more than a month ago. No updates yet.

I applied to the same role last year as well. Same story.. got the same mail and after waiting 4+ months, got a mail saying the position was filled before I was considered.

I am expecting the same to happen this time as well.

Original post by naman24
Hey guys, I couldn't find any thread for 2023 grad scheme so thought of starting a new thread. I am done with my assessment, passed it couple of weeks ago but still no response regarding final stage assessment neither any rejection
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by naman24

Just got a default message today saying I was successful at the online test and they will be letting us know if we progress to the next stage.
Original post by YellowBolt
Hello,
Thanks for making this thread. I applied to the engineering grad scheme in late September I think. I passed the game-based assessment and got a mail saying that my application is sent to the next stage. This was more than a month ago. No updates yet.

I applied to the same role last year as well. Same story.. got the same mail and after waiting 4+ months, got a mail saying the position was filled before I was considered.

I am expecting the same to happen this time as well.

It is definitely worth emailing to chase up on your application otherwise your application may be backlogged and not looked at
Original post by Safar.ra
It is definitely worth emailing to chase up on your application otherwise your application may be backlogged and not looked at

is it possible that if one is too pushy in chasing up on their application that they might end up getting rejected for being too pushy?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by naman24

when do AC invites for this position and/or other positions at other companies start getting sent out after passing all preliminary stages of the application?
Original post by someone retarded
is it possible that if one is too pushy in chasing up on their application that they might end up getting rejected for being too pushy?

No, this is definitely not the case! Just a polite follow-up email should be sufficient.

If after an email you not hear back from them, it may well then be the case that you are likely not going to be progressed to the AC.

But don't get your hopes up :smile:
Original post by Safar.ra
No, this is definitely not the case! Just a polite follow-up email should be sufficient.

If after an email you not hear back from them, it may well then be the case that you are likely not going to be progressed to the AC.

But don't get your hopes up :smile:

I had already passed all tests and the basic qualification check in october, and waited for my AC invite so i sent them a follow up on 7th november, to which they replied on the same day that they had recently started scheduling AC’s, and if I’m invited one of the recruiters will contact me to discuss the next steps. Since then, I stand with no AC invite. Mind you, I am MSc aero student at imperial and have first class from coventry in aerospace, and a total of one year worth of internships in aviation industry, 2 and a half months of that year was with Safran (a company just as big if not bigger than rolls royce) and I am an australian citizen but I need a visa to work, therefore do you think that them still not inviting me even after following up is a good chance that i am rejected? Should I follow up again?

i have applied to so many companies and all of them have either rejected or not replied back at all, i am worried and have no idea on whats left to do to get a job. I did my cv and cover letters completely with the help of imperial career service so what do you think could be lacking from my application?
(edited 1 year ago)
I had already passed all tests and the basic qualification check in october, and waited for my AC invite so i sent them a follow up on 7th november, to which they replied on the same day that they had recently started scheduling AC’s, and if I’m invited one of the recruiters will contact me to discuss the next steps. Since then, I stand with no AC invite. Mind you, I am MSc aero student at imperial and have first class from coventry in aerospace, and a total of one year worth of internships in aviation industry, 2 and a half months of that year was with Safran (a company just as big if not bigger than rolls royce) and I am an australian citizen but I need a visa to work, therefore do you think that them still not inviting me even after following up is a good chance that i am rejected? Should I follow up again?

i have applied to so many companies and all of them have either rejected or not replied back at all, i am worried and have no idea on whats left to do to get a job. I did my cv and cover letters completely with the help of imperial career service so what do you think could be lacking from my application?

I too am getting rejected frequently by many companies. I have a similar qualifications as you, although, not with established companies like Safran. I recently changed up my CV & cover letter format. I use to use my uni's format. Now, I can see the improvement. Not getting rejected as often as I use to. At least now, my applications go to HM review stage consistently.

May be that's the issue. Couple of friends also did the same thing and had similar results. Maybe try changing the CV format and see if that helps. If not, maybe something else must be issue. I bet some part of the issue is because you are an international student (me too) and require sponsorship.

Changing up my CV and cover letter got me an AC invite for Airbus just recently. I applied for the same role last year as well but didn't get an invite.
(edited 1 year ago)
I too am getting rejected frequently by many companies. I have a similar qualifications as you, although, not with established companies like Safran. I recently changed up my CV & cover letter format. I use to use my uni's format. Now, I can see the improvement. Not getting rejected as often as I use to. At least now, my applications go to HM review stage consistently.

May be that's the issue. Couple of friends also did the same thing and had similar results. Maybe try changing the CV format and see if that helps. If not, maybe something else must be issue. I bet some part of the issue is because you are an international student (me too) and require sponsorship.

Changing up my CV and cover letter got me an AC invite for Airbus just recently. I applied for the same role last year as well but didn't get an invite.

BTW, funny username; I have email notifications "on" for this thread. Your username pops up and it's just hilarious. Not making fun of challenged people; just that your username pick is funny.

What format are you currently using? Do you mind if you show me an example of CV and cover letter formats you use? My CV currently stands at 1.5 pages long.
What format are you currently using? Do you mind if you show me an example of CV and cover letter formats you use? My CV currently stands at 1.5 pages long.

Sure.. It's late here where I live so, I will send you the files tomorrow in private chat.
Cool?
Sure.. It's late here where I live so, I will send you the files tomorrow in private chat.
Cool?

Yep sure
Cool?

Btw did u apply to rolls royce grad 2023 position? and did u get ac invite ?

Hey, don't stress about it too much! You could be invited to their AC next year. I's up to you if you would like to contact them, I'm assuming they have a lot of applications to go through so it may take a while.

Maybe ask your careers service for feedback on why you are being rejected but also definitly get in touch with people on LinkedIn who are already working at those companies - that will really help you
Original post by naman24

Hey, please what kind of assessment does Rolls-Royce use? I got invited for the assessment this morning.
Original post by kayyord
Hey, please what kind of assessment does Rolls-Royce use? I got invited for the assessment this morning.

You got invited for an online assessment, or assessment centre?
SJT, personality tests and AON logical tests
Thanks mate. I've done mine, got an email saying I passed.

Original post by maxmagaji10
SJT, personality tests and AON logical tests
Reply 18
got a rejection email after application review,,,i had passed all the tests but then it was full review of the application.
Ah that is unfortunate man.. don't worry many graduate schemes still open. May I ask which role did you apply for?
Original post by naman24
got a rejection email after application review,,,i had passed all the tests but then it was full review of the application.

Quick Reply

Latest