The Student Room Group

Rolls Royce Graduate Scheme 2018-19

Hi all,
I remember reading through the posts last year left by those applying to the Rolls Royce grad scheme, I thought we could do a similar thing this year!

I have emailed their early careers team and the applications go online the 24th of September for the 2018-19 graduate scheme.

I did an application and was unsuccessful last year, I thought we could all keep each other in the loop and provide one another with tips with regards to the applications, online psychometric tests that follow which might lead to an invite to the assessment days.

Introduce yourselves, tell me which grad scheme has your fancy and let's help each other.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Rich

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,
Thanks Rich for starting this off and posting the application start date, I've been looking all over for it.
I haven't applied previously so I have no idea about how this works. I have seen others apply and hear nothing back at all.
I'll be applying for the engineering or manufacturing scheme hopefully in Bristol.
Reply 2
Original post by Smhark110
I'll be applying for the engineering or manufacturing scheme hopefully in Bristol.

Nice, i'm going to apply for the same course as well. Made an account on TSR just to read and talk to others who are trying for Rolls Royce.
Schemes still not open?
Reply 4
Hi how have you guys been preparing for the online assessments?
hi. how did you guys do on the test?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonforever101
hi. how did you guys do on the test?

Apparently I did well in the SJT and logical but did poorly in numerical reasoning. 30 seconds and 13 questions unanswered. Yup, I failed. :frown:
Reply 7
Hey guys, just out of curiosity how quickly from submitting your application were you invited for the online tests, and how would you recommend to best prepare for them.
Anyone passed the online test and got to the ac?
Hi guys,

I have completed my tests on 19th October 2018, and have received an email stating I was successful in my attempt. My application will be reviewed now which might take up to 4 weeks, and will be notified via email of the outcome, which I guess is about the Assessment Centre dates.
My feedback report stated I was particularly well suited for the position as I did very well in the SJT, Numerical and Logical reasoning. The Logical reasoning was the fun part where you have to solve a puzzle in order to move on to the next level within 6 minutes of time duration. I reached upto Level 19 in Logical reasoning, answered 17 questions out of the 18 in Numerical(majority were highly accurate as per the report), and also did well in the SJT. Hopefully I should make it to the assessment centre. Please feel free if you have any other questions which might improve your test-taking experiences.
Hi! i recently recieved a similar email stating i was succesfull in completing my online assesment. I have applied for the project management program in Singapore, although i'm not sure weather im eligible for the program since i have a bachelors degree from India. Would you happen to know weather nationality bears any relevance regarding eligibility and is a masters degree compusory for the program?
Hey guys, any advice on answering SJTs, as far as I know you have to pick reply options for text messages from colleagues?

Original post by nikhildakoju

Numerical and Logical reasoning. The Logical reasoning was the fun part where you have to solve a puzzle in order to move on to the next level within 6 minutes of time duration. I reached upto Level 19 in Logical reasoning, answered 17 questions out of the 18 in Numerical(majority were highly accurate as per the report),

I've heard a good score for these is like 13 each, how do you get so many, an tips?
Original post by nikhildakoju
Hi guys,

I have completed my tests on 19th October 2018, and have received an email stating I was successful in my attempt. My application will be reviewed now which might take up to 4 weeks, and will be notified via email of the outcome, which I guess is about the Assessment Centre dates.
My feedback report stated I was particularly well suited for the position as I did very well in the SJT, Numerical and Logical reasoning. The Logical reasoning was the fun part where you have to solve a puzzle in order to move on to the next level within 6 minutes of time duration. I reached upto Level 19 in Logical reasoning, answered 17 questions out of the 18 in Numerical(majority were highly accurate as per the report), and also did well in the SJT. Hopefully I should make it to the assessment centre. Please feel free if you have any other questions which might improve your test-taking experiences.

Nice good luck man, I tried doing my assessments. The SJT went fine and i got up to level 29 on the logical reasoning however, tried to load up the numerical assessment and it just wouldn't go past the instruction screen. Tried to refresh the page, which was a bad idea as it ended up locking the task so, now I have 1 completed task and one locked one. Maybe they'll unlock it but who knows, might be out of luck on this one.
Reply 13
Hey, I just got an invite to complete the online assessments for the project management division.. anyone know what the planning capability is like? How to prepare for it, is it really hard?
Reply 14
I know cut-e have loads of questions with little time to do them, are you expected to answer them all?
Reply 15
Original post by perpetuallycool
Hi! i recently recieved a similar email stating i was succesfull in completing my online assesment. I have applied for the project management program in Singapore, although i'm not sure weather im eligible for the program since i have a bachelors degree from India. Would you happen to know weather nationality bears any relevance regarding eligibility and is a masters degree compusory for the program?

hey, I've applied for the Singapore Commercial Grad Scheme and I've passed the tests as well. We should update each other on the outcome, at least we have a rough idea on the date of the AC's and everything
Original post by roro94
hey, I've applied for the Singapore Commercial Grad Scheme and I've passed the tests as well. We should update each other on the outcome, at least we have a rough idea on the date of the AC's and everything

Sure.Coordinating would be usefull. It's been about 20 days since i have received any update, meanwhile my online profile says no tasks pending. What's the scene at your end??
Reply 17
Original post by perpetuallycool
Sure.Coordinating would be usefull. It's been about 20 days since i have received any update, meanwhile my online profile says no tasks pending. What's the scene at your end??

same for me, I passed the online tests on Oct 22, still says 'no tasks pending' on my profile. from the 2017 forum, it seems that we might only hear from them next year as they shortlist those that completed the tests much earlier in sept first.
I did the logical reasoning test today and only got to level 7 (i panicked). Do you guys think I definitely failed? I stil have numerical reasoning left.
How long after completing the tests did you hear of you were successful.

Quick Reply

Latest