The Student Room Group

Technical Topic Presentation for an online assessment

So ive been invited to an interview for Rolls Royce and theyve said as part of it that I would need to do a presentation on a technical topic. However I dont really know what they mean by technical topic has anyone got any idea?
Reply 1
maybe call them up to get some clarification, i’m sure theyre more than happy to help
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by bluegray
So ive been invited to an interview for Rolls Royce and theyve said as part of it that I would need to do a presentation on a technical topic. However I dont really know what they mean by technical topic has anyone got any idea?

Hi! I hope its ok to ask how you interview went.
Reply 3
Original post by meliodas89
Hi! I hope its ok to ask how you interview went.

it went really well thanks, had a few technical difficulties but they were understanding and helped out and I ended up getting an offer so went amazingly yeah
it went really well thanks, had a few technical difficulties but they were understanding and helped out and I ended up getting an offer so went amazingly yeah

Congratulations! You're so lucky man. I've been invited to one but I'm literally sweating nerves and I'm not even in the actual interview yet!
Reply 5
Congratulations! You're so lucky man. I've been invited to one but I'm literally sweating nerves and I'm not even in the actual interview yet!

do you know if youre doing an online one or an in person one yet

ngl I was so nervous and I did mine using school wifi so you can imagine how many times I disconnected from it lol but the people were really nice and understanding of the circumstance and i felt a lot better after all
Reply 6
What did you do your topic on? I have one too but I'm not sure what kind of thing they are looking for with it
do you know if youre doing an online one or an in person one yet
ngl I was so nervous and I did mine using school wifi so you can imagine how many times I disconnected from it lol but the people were really nice and understanding of the circumstance and i felt a lot better after all

I'm doing virtual! Noo not the school wifi that stuff never works. Glad it worked out for you in the end tho.
Reply 8
Original post by seb8459
What did you do your topic on? I have one too but I'm not sure what kind of thing they are looking for with it

I did mine on why material testing was important in product design because I could link it to quality (the role i applied for) and then also my a level coursework but my contractor said the main thing was to link it to the role somehow and apparently someone did ice skating so i mean i suppose you could do anything
Reply 9
I'm doing virtual! Noo not the school wifi that stuff never works. Glad it worked out for you in the end tho.

they gave me an ethernet cable and then i realised my laptop didn't have a hole for it so it was like a mad panic 10 minutes to the start lol
they gave me an ethernet cable and then i realised my laptop didn't have a hole for it so it was like a mad panic 10 minutes to the start lol

Hi, I did my assessment centre and I have to say it went poorly☹️ I was way too nervous that I couldn't get any coherent sentences out. I even prepared so much in advance but ugh its frustrating.
Reply 11
Hi, I did my assessment centre and I have to say it went poorly☹️ I was way too nervous that I couldn't get any coherent sentences out. I even prepared so much in advance but ugh its frustrating.

it might have gone bette than you thought, they told me that they were understanding of any issues or nerves people had due to it being a lot of peoples first proper interview so they understand that things might not have gone perfectly so don't lose hope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending