The Student Room Group

How to determine if your visual learner or something else

How do you know if your visual, kinaesthetic or auditory learner i have no idea:frown:

Advice would be great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vickie89uk
How do you know if your visual, kinaesthetic or auditory learner i have no idea:frown:

Advice would be great

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trial and error, pretty much. There's no real "personality test" that can tell you, you basically just need to try out different methods to see what works for you. It's not easy, it took me years to work out how I work best, but if you keep trying different techniques, you will find out something that works for you.
This whole 'what type of learner are you?' thing is taught as if it's scientific. It isn't; in fact, it's very poorly backed up. Your best bet when approaching a new topic is to try one method (e.g. reading) and then if it doesn't seem to be going in, try another method (e.g. listening to a podcast), and so on. Evidence suggests that using more than one 'learning style' to approach the same topic is more beneficial than sticking to one method simply because you think it's the right one for you.
Reply 3
Original post by *pitseleh*
This whole 'what type of learner are you?' thing is taught as if it's scientific. It isn't; in fact, it's very poorly backed up. Your best bet when approaching a new topic is to try one method (e.g. reading) and then if it doesn't seem to be going in, try another method (e.g. listening to a podcast), and so on. Evidence suggests that using more than one 'learning style' to approach the same topic is more beneficial than sticking to one method simply because you think it's the right one for you.

Thank you i always thought i learnt from sound but now i find i need to see something i might try different ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vickie89uk
Thank you i always thought i learnt from sound but now i find i need to see something i might try different ones

Yep, you're much better off using auditory *and* visual methods than just one or the other. Good luck! :yep:
Reply 5
Original post by *pitseleh*
Yep, you're much better off using auditory *and* visual methods than just one or the other. Good luck! :yep:

Thank you for your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending