The Student Room Group

Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants

Scroll to see replies

I wrote about trends and how they come about and should we follow them, trend forecasters etc.
Guys I picked up a hilarious fashion book by daily mail fashion columnist called Angela Clarke and the book is called ' Confessions of a fashionista,the good, the bad and the Botox' it's really good I recommend it so you have a great and humorous inside look at the fashion industry! I am enjoying reading it ������
Guys! I need your advice. I've applied for Fashion Journalism at CSM, my interview is tomorrow haha and I was wondering if I should take in some of my work like articles I've written and stuff. Do you think that's a good idea?
Original post by Anishask
Guys! I need your advice. I've applied for Fashion Journalism at CSM, my interview is tomorrow haha and I was wondering if I should take in some of my work like articles I've written and stuff. Do you think that's a good idea?

Yeah I think that's a good idea. Take in much work as possibile and I think it's good to research some current fashion affairs in case they ask you an opinion about something so good luck ! Let us know what happens x
Original post by pinkylicious
Yeah I think that's a good idea. Take in much work as possibile and I think it's good to research some current fashion affairs in case they ask you an opinion about something so good luck ! Let us know what happens x

Alright, thanks! Hope everything goes well and I'll be sure to update you lot. Good luck to you too for the future heh. x
for people who have already received lcf interview dates, is there an option to interview a different day? it's just i'm on holiday the beginning of the week and if i get an interview i will need it on the thursday/friday :frown: (this is assuming i even get one haha)
Original post by lccy
I wrote about my opinion on John Galliano x Margiela

Hahaha I did the same
Original post by kjasmine
for people who have already received lcf interview dates, is there an option to interview a different day? it's just i'm on holiday the beginning of the week and if i get an interview i will need it on the thursday/friday :frown: (this is assuming i even get one haha)

No sorry they say that because of the demand of the interviews you only get that one date!! Hopefully the date you may get will work out for you
Reply 208
Original post by collettebeckett
Hahaha I did the same

brilliant.
so what is everyones first choice if they get all their offers? :smile:
ok so do we wanna start saying what we wrote about in the 800 word article?? :biggrin: I will start by saying.....

drum rolls please......:colone:...

Ok so I wrote about how androgyny and masculine/feminine silhouettes influence the fashion industry through the ages so I started with a bit of history and then went on to talk about androgynous shapes and how women and men borrow styles from each other..

I really hope I was original and wrote something interesting and unique...what did you guys write about?

haha I wrote about the same thing!! Let's hope no-one else did....:s-smilie:
Original post by blancadeorbaneja
haha I wrote about the same thing!! Let's hope no-one else did....:s-smilie:
omg what exactly did you write about? Did you refer to any particular designer or historical person?
omg what exactly did you write about? Did you refer to any particular designer or historical person?

Just in general how androgyny is basically back! I mentioned prada, jw anderson and sibling and then briefly mentioned hedi slimane for saint laurent and frida for gucci.
With regards to historical people pretty much the obvious... David Bowie, Coco Chanel and then mentioned Annie Hall as well.
What about you? Such a coincidence!
Original post by blancadeorbaneja
Just in general how androgyny is basically back! I mentioned prada, jw anderson and sibling and then briefly mentioned hedi slimane for saint laurent and frida for gucci.
With regards to historical people pretty much the obvious... David Bowie, Coco Chanel and then mentioned Annie Hall as well.
What about you? Such a coincidence!

Haha omg! I started my essay by setting the scene with abit of the 18th century dandy and talked about beau Brummel and how it evolved into androgynism, and mentioned Chanel, how she empowered women and briefly mentioned unisex styling in the 70s, the punk movement and then went to talk about Gaultier,Rei Kawakubo,JW Anderson lol! Mine had a lot of references to the past anyways and yes what a coincidence lol
Reply 214
I went for the obvious one and spoke about actual fashion writing, lack of quality articles in physical magazines etccc everyone's articles sound amazing! They're gonna want to interview all you guys I'm sure :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Weird how some people wrote about the same topics ! Thought that because it was such a broad topic that everyone would do something different !

Just thought I should update you, I got into LCF! Incase you wanted to know, I applied through my local representative and so I could only apply to one college and I CSM. When you apply through a representative they can give you an offer to any one of the other colleges they think suits you more and so I got LCF. They're very very selective about CSM and the interviewer was way harsher when discussing CSM and she did mention that CSM would be looking for a specific type of student and even though it's a fashion journalism course they don't want someone who is only about the fashion aspect of things. I'm glad I got LCF as it was my second choice anyway hehe. Good luck to you and everyone else! xx
Just thought I should update you, I got into LCF! Incase you wanted to know, I applied through my local representative and so I could only apply to one college and I CSM. When you apply through a representative they can give you an offer to any one of the other colleges they think suits you more and so I got LCF. They're very very selective about CSM and the interviewer was way harsher when discussing CSM and she did mention that CSM would be looking for a specific type of student and even though it's a fashion journalism course they don't want someone who is only about the fashion aspect of things. I'm glad I got LCF as it was my second choice anyway hehe. Good luck to you and everyone else! xx
First of all congrats!! What kind of questions did they ask you at lcf? And what do you mean by CSM looks for a particular candidate who doesn't only blab about fashion? So what else does this candidate be able to show? Maybe they want students with a 'global' and 'cultural' awareness of things?
Just thought I should update you, I got into LCF!

Congrats! What time was your interview today? Was it a skype interview because you posted quite early. What kind of questions did they ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
First of all congrats!! What kind of questions did they ask you at lcf? And what do you mean by CSM looks for a particular candidate who doesn't only blab about fashion? So what else does this candidate be able to show? Maybe they want students with a 'global' and 'cultural' awareness of things?

Thank you! They mainly just asked my why I chose CSM and not LCF and why that course. They also really wanted to know what spectrum of fashion I was interested in and stuff and how my current skill set would help me with the course. She didn't say what type of person CSM wanted but she did say they were looking for specific types who didn't just blab on about fashion, I think they wanted more artsy creative people as she said "it may be a fashion journalism course but we don't want to see just fashion" I was quite confused actually hahaa but it went well and I got a place at LCF instead so I'm glad. Hope this helped, let me know how it goes for you and good luck! Oh side note I'm 17 so that may have also been another reason why she thought LCF was a better fit cause she did say it'll help me further develop my writing skills and stuff. xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending