The Student Room Group

Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kamilakilian
I've got today e-mail about interview at MA Fashion Media Practice and Criticism!!!! ( still shaking tbh) But still silence if it comes to fashion journalism...

oh so you're applying for MA journalism and not BA?
Original post by withlove

No, actually this is integrated masters course so first I do BA in three years and then one year of master degree, I think is the only way for foreigners to get master degree with a student loan so I thought I'd go for it.
I've applied for BA fashion journalism apart from that one :smile:

You guys keep making me confused. So I've sent off my article for CSM, but got nothing from LCF. And other people have been talking about their articles swell so I guess they were all talking about CSM.

But then you got an interview from LCF without even sending anything? Just your personal statement?
Original post by indiafickle
You guys keep making me confused. So I've sent off my article for CSM, but got nothing from LCF. And other people have been talking about their articles swell so I guess they were all talking about CSM.

But then you got an interview from LCF without even sending anything? Just your personal statement?

I haven't applied for CSM because they said I need to have a foundation year before BA.

But I did send my portfolio for those integrated masters and that's how they've judged me I suppose.

And I haven't send anything for LCF but yeah, for fashion journalism they only read your ps and then they may ask you for an interview :smile:. And then you take your written work with you. At least thats what I understand from all that fuzz.
So if I haven't got invited for the interview yet, should I start to worry now? I really didn't think that I'd be stressing out so much.

Maybe it's because I've also applied for Fashion Styling and Production and I've submitted my portfolio last week, so maybe they're just taking their time because they won't invite me for two different interviews on two different days, if its still for the same college. Don't really know.
I haven't applied for CSM because they said I need to have a foundation year before BA.

But I did send my portfolio for those integrated masters and that's how they've judged me I suppose.

And I haven't send anything for LCF but yeah, for fashion journalism they only read your ps and then they may ask you for an interview :smile:. And then you take your written work with you. At least thats what I understand from all that fuzz.

They said it's advisable to have a foundation year before but not necessarily needed
They said it's advisable to have a foundation year before but not necessarily needed

I. F-ing. Mailed. Them. Million. Times. And. They. Said. It. Is. Necessary.

Honestly I am so done with those unis and I am not even studying yet. I was at a kind of open days in my country and I was talking with UAL representatives. Basically that men told me I need to have a foundation year for every course at LCF. I really focused on getting there for last four years and after he told me that ( well it isn't written anywhere right?) I thought I would seriously have some problems with my mental health ( i was barely eating and sleeping, i was skipping school etc., my mum was srlsly concerned). And then they replied to my email I had sent after the talk at open days... and ofc, they said it was a mistake and there is no need to have a foundation year for those courses I chose.

But still, CSM sent me an email that I do need a foundation.

But it might be because I am foreigner and I don't do A-levels? What do you think?
(edited 9 years ago)
So if I haven't got invited for the interview yet, should I start to worry now? I really didn't think that I'd be stressing out so much.

Maybe it's because I've also applied for Fashion Styling and Production and I've submitted my portfolio last week, so maybe they're just taking their time because they won't invite me for two different interviews on two different days, if its still for the same college. Don't really know.

Hmm, I think they might invite you for more than one interview, am I right? (I wish because I'd like to study fashion journalism over that MA media practice course I thiiink...)

And you shouldn't worry until your application is rejected. That's what people tell me. But I do worry as well, so it's normal. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Which course do you prefer?

Honestly I am so done with those unis and I am not even studying yet. I was at a kind of open days in my country and I was talking with UAL representatives. Basically that men told me I need to have a foundation year for every course at LCF. I really focused on getting there for last four years and after he told me that ( well it isn't written anywhere right?) I thought I would seriously have some problems with mental health ( i was barely eating and sleeping, i skipped school etc., my mum was srlsly concerned). And then they replied to my email I had sent after the talk at open days... and ofc, they said it was a mistake and there is no need to have a foundation year for those courses I chose.

But it might be because I am foreigner and I don't do A-levels? What do you think?

I spoke to the lecturer on the open day at CSM and he said a few of the students felt it was beneficial but it was not absolutely necessary. I have no idea about the A-level thing, perhaps?

I haven't done a foundation so why would LCF even offer me an interview if it was a necessary requirement?
Hmm, I think they might invite you for more than one interview, am I right? (I wish because I'd like to study fashion journalism over that MA media practice course I thiiink...)

And you shouldn't worry until your application is rejected. That's what people tell me. But I do worry as well, so it's normal. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Which course do you prefer?

Thank you, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!

Well I don't really know which course I prefer. My first choice is CSM and even though I kind of regret applying only for Fashion Journalism, instead of applying for Fashion Communication swell, I just hope I get into CSM because I believe it is actually a good college.

About LCF - I applied for FJ and FSandP and as long as they give me an offer, I'm fine with everything. I feel like I might change the course later as I will hopefully see how it all looks and what I feel most interested in. But yeah, I hope I get invited for my interview at LCF too, I've just started being nervous about this whole thing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 290

Honestly I am so done with those unis and I am not even studying yet. I was at a kind of open days in my country and I was talking with UAL representatives. Basically that men told me I need to have a foundation year for every course at LCF. I really focused on getting there for last four years and after he told me that ( well it isn't written anywhere right?) I thought I would seriously have some problems with my mental health ( i was barely eating and sleeping, i was skipping school etc., my mum was srlsly concerned). And then they replied to my email I had sent after the talk at open days... and ofc, they said it was a mistake and there is no need to have a foundation year for those courses I chose.

They told me the same thing when I emailed them but I applied anyway.I'm foreigner too.I just think that doesn't make sense.I would have to finish Art and Design foundation but I'm not into that and that wouldn't prepare me for fashion journalism course at all
Seriously, wait for me being in London and I'll find them and punch straight in the face ...
So I could apply for CSM and I missed my chance because of an idiot who wasn't well informed? Great. Well at least I hope I will get into LCF, their FJ is pretty good as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just got an email from UCAS saying something in my application has changed and I LCF invited my for an interview, finally! Anyone else got an email today?
Congratulations! When is your interview? Omfg, so that means they are sending e-mails etc. on Saturday? I thought they don't work during weekends at all. Rn I'm stressed again haha :frown:((
Hi,
Congrats on everyone's offers, yeah I got an email, I just tracked my UCAS application to find out i have been invited for an interview at LCF on the 24th February!!! Just waiting on the direct email from the uni for details and stuff.
(edited 9 years ago)
Mine is on the 25th of February!
Mine is on the 25th of February!

I have an interview on the 25th as well!
Original post by amybethlowen
I have an interview on the 25th as well!

When have you been informed about it? I'm starting to really freak out, no message from them :frown:(
When have you been informed about it? I'm starting to really freak out, no message from them :frown:(

I got an email from UCAS on Saturday, then one from LCF today just to explain the details and stuff. I'm sure you'll hear back soon!
Exactly the same for me, I got an email from LCF today regarding the interview and stuff

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending