The Student Room Group

Chemistry GCSE ISA!! Help!!

Scroll to see replies

Someone please give me the questions and answers for section 2
Original post by Muhammad Shafi
Someone please give me the questions and answers for section 2

Section 2 is about case studies which I don't remember the other questions included context. Anomaly result and I think there was a question about repeating ur experiment.
Btw what is ur investigation about.
Hope this helps and good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanx my investigation is about temp. dependence on rate of reaction
Paper 2 Possible Chem ISA (Questions with answers)

What were the variables in the investigation you did?

Independent variable - Temperature of solution (degrees Celsius)
Dependant variable - Time taken for cross (X) to disappear in seconds
One Control variable was - The molar of hydrochloric acid

If you had been able to use another value of this variable, either within or outside the range, what value would you have chosen?

I would have chosen 10 degrees Celsius, as it is in the middle of 20 degrees Celsius and 0 degrees Celsius. 20 degrees Celsius is a bit off the line, so doing 10 degrees Celsius would have helped check this.

Do your results support the hypothesis?

My results support the hypothesis given. As I increase the temperature from 0 degrees Celsius to 20 degrees Celsius, the average time taken for the cross to disappear decreased from 310 seconds to 200 seconds. This proves that as you increase the temperature, the less time it takes for the cross (X) to disappear.

Did you repeat any of the measurements in the investigation?

I did not repeat any measurements. Instead, I removed all anomalous results and calculated a mean. I removed anomalous results to eliminate all extreme values which would decrease the accuracy and precision of my results. I calculated a mean by adding up all of the results (excluding any anomalous ones), and dividing by the number of results.

What could be an uncertainty?

An uncertainty could be that different people are looking for different end points, which would make your results less precise. You could keep the person looking for the end points the same, which would mean the same end points are looked for, thus eliminating this uncertainty.

Are your results reproducible?

(Explain why as temperature is increase, rate of reaction increases also using an alternative method)

If you had been able to use another value of this variable, either within or outside the range, what value would you have chosen?

I would have chosen 10 degrees Celsius, as it is in the middle of 20 degrees Celsius and 0 degrees Celsius. 20 degrees Celsius is a bit off the line, so doing 10 degrees Celsius would have helped check this.

My results support the hypothesis given. As I increase the temperature from 0 degrees Celsius to 20 degrees Celsius, the average time taken for the cross to disappear decreased from 310 seconds to 200 seconds. This proves that as you increase the temperature, the less time it takes for the cross (X) to disappear.

I did not repeat any measurements. Instead, I removed all anomalous results and calculated a mean. I removed anomalous results to eliminate all extreme values which would decrease the accuracy and precision of my results. I calculated a mean by adding up all of the results (excluding any anomalous ones), and dividing by the number of results.

An uncertainty could be that different people are looking for different end points, which would make your results less precise. You could keep the person looking for the end points the same, which would mean the same end points are looked for, thus eliminating this uncertainty.

(Explain why as temperature is increase, rate of reaction increases also using an alternative method)

Mate have you done paper two?

thank you all so much! For all the responses :smile: been so helpful! :smile:
Original post by VioletPhillippo
Hiya,

Paper 2:
Know your science definitions/key words

Have your results table handy to quote examples (you must quote to get 3 marks).

Know the range of your independent variable and why this range was useful or not.

Read the case studies really closely- the question on case study 4 is a bit confusing as it has lots of information. :smile:

Thanks I had it it was quite confusing to be honest! :smile: but hopefully i wish I get the grade i want! :smile:
Original post by science_geeks
Thanks I had it it was quite confusing to be honest! :smile: but hopefully i wish I get the grade i want! :smile:

Can you please send me a private message avlut the contents of the exam thanks and hopefully ull get the grade u want
Original post by science_geeks
Thank you!! I will definitely look and read that topic in particular up!! :smile::smile:

I didnt write about collision theory in the context question. I said about how more produced in same time so more profit etc. Cost of increased temp less than saving made by increase rate etc. Is that 2 mks worth
Original post by chumaniward
I didnt write about collision theory in the context question. I said about how more produced in same time so more profit etc. Cost of increased temp less than saving made by increase rate etc. Is that 2 mks worth

Can you respond to my pm please thanks :wink:
does anyone know the hypothesis manifactures hypothesis
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Can you respond to my pm please thanks :wink:

what was the context question
I have a Chemistry rates of reaction ISA coming up on Thursday 9th of June!! I have had no luck finding a second source to compare to my first! Can anyone help me find one PLEASE?!

Quick Reply

Latest