The Student Room Group

Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants

Scroll to see replies

Anyone had their LCF interviews yet?
Original post by Wallisquinn
Anyone had their LCF interviews yet?

I was the first to have an interview yesterday...they asked about how you wrote your piece, how fashion effects society etc

What threw me was this scenario question, I can't remember his exact words. It was on the lines of, if you were commissioned for a 500 article for a weekend newspaper supplement explain your thought process...
Original post by lozzaxharris
I was the first to have an interview yesterday...they asked about how you wrote your piece, how fashion effects society etc

What threw me was this scenario question, I can't remember his exact words. It was on the lines of, if you were commissioned for a 500 article for a weekend newspaper supplement explain your thought process...

Well how do you think the interview went for you? When will you hear about the outcome?
Original post by pinkylicious
Well how do you think the interview went for you? When will you hear about the outcome?

I think it went quite well and I hopefully left a good impression, she said the next few weeks...cannot cope being on such uncertain waters right now with LCF and CSM
Original post by lozzaxharris
I think it went quite well and I hopefully left a good impression, she said the next few weeks...cannot cope being on such uncertain waters right now with LCF and CSM

Same here... also had it yesterday and I believe the same questions are asked to everybody. Hope it went well! I got a bit confused by that question as well. Good luck! They told me that by the end of March we will all have our replies.
Thank God that the interview is over! Think it went really well but guess you just don't know until they respond. 3/4 days till the date CSM gave us to hear back for interviews so really nervous. Going to be refreshing my emails every five minutes now!
Is anybody doing journalism in LCC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gomarcaigh
Is anybody doing journalism in LCC

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes, I have applied and already got an offer!!
hey guys! Theres a group here with a load of people in it!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/841222779253527
Hi has anyone received replies from CSM and/or LCF for interviews ?
Debating whether to call up CSM because it's nearly the 1st and no one has heard anything
hey guys!

after a lot of research on the uni and students' opinion I don't think LCF is the place for me and decided to decline my interview! I have my other 4 offers which I'm pleased with and I feel I will fit in better there! hope all your interviews / uni applications are going well
Original post by chlodavies97
hey guys!

after a lot of research on the uni and students' opinion I don't think LCF is the place for me and decided to decline my interview! I have my other 4 offers which I'm pleased with and I feel I will fit in better there! hope all your interviews / uni applications are going well
wow You declined the interview? How come?? I thought LCF and CSM are the most prestigious unis in London!
Original post by withlove
Debating whether to call up CSM because it's nearly the 1st and no one has heard anything

I know right? Maybe no news is good news? They will probably answer everyone by the 1st
i know someone who was rejected for fcp at csm last week so i guess they are still working through....so worried csm is my first choice i so want that year in industry.
Hi , I was rejected by CSM for fashion communication and promotion last week after they had evaluated my mini portfolio. I haven't heard back from CSM for fashion journalism after sending my 800 word essay, so I am guessing they are still looking through it. Also still nothing back from LCF Fashion journalism so I'm a bit unsure whats happening! Has anyone else had any news?
Original post by pinkylicious
wow You declined the interview? How come?? I thought LCF and CSM are the most prestigious unis in London!

I feel like (from things I read) they're looking for candidates who are pretentious and you have to be really confident in yourself and ability and after some mental health stuff and lack of self confidence lately, I don't think I'd be able to present myself in the best light for the interview! also the living costs for the area will be extremely high and I don't get much from my student grant because my parents earn too much, and I don't really want to be too reliant on them! It just doesn't fit "me" and I don't think the uni really reflects the kind of thing I'm looking for - so I've made the best decision for myself and i'm happy with it
Nearly had a heart attack when I saw the email from CSM... Apparently they're now getting back to us on the 16th of March!! This is hell!!!
Original post by blancadeorbaneja
Nearly had a heart attack when I saw the email from CSM... Apparently they're now getting back to us on the 16th of March!! This is hell!!!
Yes same! got it right now too! Some more waiting time?? oh dear my poor heart lol
Original post by chlodavies97
I feel like (from things I read) they're looking for candidates who are pretentious and you have to be really confident in yourself and ability and after some mental health stuff and lack of self confidence lately, I don't think I'd be able to present myself in the best light for the interview! also the living costs for the area will be extremely high and I don't get much from my student grant because my parents earn too much, and I don't really want to be too reliant on them! It just doesn't fit "me" and I don't think the uni really reflects the kind of thing I'm looking for - so I've made the best decision for myself and i'm happy with it
Yeah that's all right then! and yes LCF wants the privilege of having big names I think so they are tough on everyone! I am sure you did what's best for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending