The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

2015 Applicants for Canterbury Christ Church University

Scroll to see replies

Sam that's so weird how you worked in stortford! Small world isn't it!

I think cybercrime is definitely going to be an up and coming big issue so I think they'll be a lot more roles within the police for it!

Congrats Asmith93!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by asmith93
Hi guys.
Ive accepted my offer and will be studying finance with business studies. I'll be 22 when i start i feel so old haha

Congratulations :smile:. I do business for A-Levels and love it. 22 isn't old just means you have more experience in life and more mature.
Reply 42
Original post by katieh1406
Sam that's so weird how you worked in stortford! Small world isn't it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is indeed haha.

Original post by Alesi.W
Congratulations :smile:. I do business for A-Levels and love it. 22 isn't old just means you have more experience in life and more mature.

I generally avoid getting into the age vs maturity discussion.
But for me, it has taken me all these years to work out what it is I want to do. If you're ready to go to uni at 18, and know what you want to do, then more power to you.

Fortune cookie say: We all have a different journey to take!
Hi everyone :smile:
I accepted my offer at Canterbury to do English language. I turn 18 in June too ><
I don't want to start university not knowing anyone.

I am aiming to get either North Holmes road or Parham road student village.
Reply 44
Original post by MelliBob97
Hi everyone :smile:
I accepted my offer at Canterbury to do English language. I turn 18 in June too ><
I don't want to start university not knowing anyone.

I am aiming to get either North Holmes road or Parham road student village.

Congratulations first of all. I'm the same, I live 3 hours away from Canterbury so I don't know anyone. I started the thread so would make friends before I go.

They are my top two as well. I like North Holmes because it is close to campus and town but the rooms are small and don't have wardrobes. I love the look and the bedroom of Parham Road but it is 20 minutes from campus and town which is an issue. Still can't decide which one I prefer yet.
Congrats mellibob97!!! Think we're all in the same boat with not knowing people so don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you guys ^^
The rooms dont have wardrobes? Where would i put my clothes then?
If this is the case i may look into Pin hill or choose the student village i domt mind the travel

And i live in Manchester, i live so far away haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Well when I looked around the North Holmes accommodation I couldn't see any waredrobes but maybe some do and others don't. Pin hill is nice as well. I think Parham will be my number one hopefully.
To anyone studying a healthcare courses, what did you get out of 50 on your interviews? :smile:
I will be studying Animal Science with foundation year starting this September....is anyone else studying the same as me?
Original post by SamG89
It is indeed haha.

I generally avoid getting into the age vs maturity discussion.
But for me, it has taken me all these years to work out what it is I want to do. If you're ready to go to uni at 18, and know what you want to do, then more power to you.

Fortune cookie say: We all have a different journey to take!

Hi! I have an unconditional offer for physical education and sport & exercise science :smile:

And I totally understand what you mean by not knowing what you want to do until you're older. I'll be 21 when I come to uni and ive already quit one course before lol
Hi, I have accepted my offer for Foundation Degree in Computing starting September. I will be 23 when I start. ( god i feel old lol ). Anyone attending applicants day on 29th of April?
Reply 52
katieh1406 Alesi.W SamG89 HI! i am currently meant to be writing an essay on Law and Morality but decided to procrastinate and look on these forums instead!! lol

I am also doing the Policing with Criminal Investigation in september! I made my firm choice yesterday and applied for accommodation for Lanfranc and Pinn Hill today, i am so excited :smile:

I only live 30 minutes from Canterbury anyway so i know the area very well; the town is really nice and good for clubbing, theres a really nice bar called the Cuban which is a little pricey at the weekend but they do really good deals during the week and have good music, there are also two weatherspoons which are generally very cheap! 3 sambucas for £5! im a bit of a regular lol

if there is anything else about the area or anything else you would like to know then just give me a shout! :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by Alesi.W
I have a conditional offer to study Policing (Criminal Investigation) in 2015.

This is a thread for anyone planning on attending Canterbury Christ Church University in 2015.

Hello :smile:

I'll be going Canterbury in September. I've been trying to see who else is going, but not many people are talking about it on here sadly. I want to get to know some people before I get there. I'll be studying Psychology (Sport & Exercise).
Can't wait to move down there. Such a beautiful place to live :smile:
Reply 54
Hey everyone,

I'll be coming Canterbury in September to study Psychology (Sport & Exercise). Not sure who else is though :/ Can't wait to move down there though. Seems so far away! Has anyone put Lanfranc as their first choice accommodation? :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by Dan_14
Hey everyone,

I'll be coming Canterbury in September to study Psychology (Sport & Exercise). Not sure who else is though :/ Can't wait to move down there though. Seems so far away! Has anyone put Lanfranc as their first choice accommodation? :smile:

Ive put Lanfranc :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I need to apply for parking too but didnt see this on the form? do you know if this is something you need to apply for at the same time or seperate? i may have to call them and request it as i am definitely going to need it! GIRLS GOT FOOD SHOPPING TO DO! :lol:
Reply 56
Original post by Sheri23
Ive put Lanfranc :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I need to apply for parking too but didnt see this on the form? do you know if this is something you need to apply for at the same time or seperate? i may have to call them and request it as i am definitely going to need it! GIRLS GOT FOOD SHOPPING TO DO! :lol:

Woo :tongue: At least I'll have someone to talk to haha. I'm not too sure as I don't have a car haha. My sister went Canterbury and still lives in the area and it was always a pain trying to find a decent parking space, but i'm sure there will be spaces somewhere. I have no idea how much food will cost me :s-smilie: might have to survive on rice and beans if I spend too much lol
Reply 57
oh haha, i think i will have to ring them tomorrow, they have parking in the lanfranc grounds but only a limited amount! haha its ok, we have morrisons and asda nearby, if i get a parking space il offer to take 4 people with me in my car to the supermarket to do their weekly shop when i do mine, you can just pay the favor back in whiskey shots :tongue: lol
have you firmed cccu? and where you coming down from?
Reply 58
sounds like a plan haha :smile: seems like a fair deal to me. I have indeed, Canterbury was the only place I wanted to study. I'm coming from Essex, so only across the river. I'm not like the people from TOWIE though. Such a bad reputation lol.
Reply 59
That's good then! And you're doing sports psychology? Hahaha il remember not to expect an orange skin tone and a terrible haircut then! Lol i do love a bit of lakeside though! How old are you? You doing a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending