The Student Room Group

Please help needed

Im doing the ocr 21st century science (triple science)
when i revise i can recall everything i learnt but in exams i struggle with the questions even though i have learnt everything and can recall it. Can anyone provide any exam techniques
Revise again and again until you are fully confident in everything, then keep on practicing exam-style questions. You may be able to recall everything, but putting it into different styles of questions is difficult. So for each topic you study, try to find different question-types for that subject, so for B7, maybe try 6-markers/4 markers etc. If you have ran out of resources, make up the questions yourself. You may not have a mark scheme for them, but you can have a go at answering the question, then ask a teacher at school to mark it for you. For one topic in the module of B7, for example, 'the circulatory system', make up random questions which you think could come up on the exam, it could be a 6-marker on labeling and explaining the functions in the circulatory system, or just a 2-marker asking to describe what the right-atrium does.

There are so many different possibilities of questions, just for one section of a module, just make up and practice them. It will really help practicing different styles of exam questions, you never know one that you made up and practiced, could be a question on the exam paper!:smile:

Hope this helps:biggrin:
Past papers basically. Work out what the questions want you to say and what the examiner is looking for. :smile:
Original post by Davidson7
Revise again and again until you are fully confident in everything, then keep on practicing exam-style questions. You may be able to recall everything, but putting it into different styles of questions is difficult. So for each topic you study, try to find different question-types for that subject, so for B7, maybe try 6-markers/4 markers etc. If you have ran out of resources, make up the questions yourself. You may not have a mark scheme for them, but you can have a go at answering the question, then ask a teacher at school to mark it for you. For one topic in the module of B7, for example, 'the circulatory system', make up random questions which you think could come up on the exam, it could be a 6-marker on labeling and explaining the functions in the circulatory system, or just a 2-marker asking to describe what the right-atrium does.

There are so many different possibilities of questions, just for one section of a module, just make up and practice them. It will really help practicing different styles of exam questions, you never know one that you made up and practiced, could be a question on the exam paper!:smile:

Hope this helps:biggrin:

Thankyou so much ,I appreciate it.:smile:
Original post by turn-to-page394
Past papers basically. Work out what the questions want you to say and what the examiner is looking for. :smile:

Thankyou :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest