The Student Room Group

Dropping out

I’m in my last year of uni for nursing but I want to drop out. It’s my last week of uni this week so all I have left is placement and assignments. what should I do?
Finish ! You can do it ! It may be hard but you can do it , you have made it so far already !
Original post by katiecook203
I’m in my last year of uni for nursing but I want to drop out. It’s my last week of uni this week so all I have left is placement and assignments. what should I do?
Hey,

We are sorry that you want to drop out. :sad:

However, as mentioned above you have made it so far already.

If you are having doubts with your course talk to your lecturers or a wellbeing team (if your university has one) and explain how your feeling. They should be able to help and give you advice.

If you really want to be a nurse i would stick it out for the next few months but ensure that you get the support that you need to be able to finish your degree.

I hope this helps and good luck with what you decide. :grin:
Reply 3
Please don't drop out, you have made this far remember your WHY when you started studying nursing and keep at it. you can do this
Hey, please don't drop out at this stage. If you are struggling in your assignments then consider finding some one who can help you out. Or just let me know Ill share you the community who helps in guiding assignments and career counselling.
Reply 5
Original post by ahsaniqbal5277
Hey, please don't drop out at this stage. If you are struggling in your assignments then consider finding some one who can help you out. Or just let me know Ill share you the community who helps in guiding assignments and career counselling.

If you can share some of the information on here as well that would be highly appreciated
Original post by katiecook203

Go Katie and complete your nursing degree as you have come so far just to chuck it away for the sake of another few months 😭😭😭.

Get your qualifications as a qualified nurse behind you first and then decide on what you want to do okay.
You can take time out after you have qualified and when you are ready to go back to being a nurse then just contact NMC.
You will find sometimes that student nurses who just qualified don't always go straight in to a job as they take time of before choosing what they going to do next.

Please consider getting the support and help you needing to get through this time. Talk to people especially your university course leader or placement officer.

I know it's hard work for students to become a nurse, I have been in the same situation as you but I didn't give up and I went on to become a qualified midwife ( harder than adult nursing I understand) and I have not looked back since I qualified.

A NHS registered midwife and mentor/supervisor to upcoming student midwives.
Reply 7

No sorry i don't need this help but thanks lol
Nursing is tough. I've had the same feelings. Sounds like you need a good night out, and a chat with some other students. Please reach out for help before leaving, there are lots of different ways the university can help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending