The Student Room Group

Getting documents back from SFE

Hello all,
I sent all my original documents to SFE including my passport and BRP but I didn’t know I would need to verify my passport and BRP for DBS application in a post office. I need this DBS before I could start my course in September and the university has given us 4 weeks to get it done starting from this week.
I’m so worried I won’t be able to get my documents back on time and end up loosing my offer or starting too late and having to catch up on a lot of things.
Please can anyone advice me on what to do? The documents was signed for by SFE on 26/06/23 .
I’m really stuck here, I want to get the finance sorted before starting my course but then I didn’t think about the DBS which is a requirement to fulfill before getting an unconditional offer. Please Help!!!
Original post by Sunshinevision
Hello all,
I sent all my original documents to SFE including my passport and BRP but I didn’t know I would need to verify my passport and BRP for DBS application in a post office. I need this DBS before I could start my course in September and the university has given us 4 weeks to get it done starting from this week.
I’m so worried I won’t be able to get my documents back on time and end up loosing my offer or starting too late and having to catch up on a lot of things.
Please can anyone advice me on what to do? The documents was signed for by SFE on 26/06/23 .
I’m really stuck here, I want to get the finance sorted before starting my course but then I didn’t think about the DBS which is a requirement to fulfill before getting an unconditional offer. Please Help!!!

Hi there, evidence takes up to 13 working days at the moment to be returned from when we receive it. This is an estimated timescale so please monitor your account for this updating. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Hello Jason,
Thank you for the response it’s a relief, I should still be able to meet up fingers crossed.

Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, evidence takes up to 13 working days at the moment to be returned from when we receive it. This is an estimated timescale so please monitor your account for this updating. Thanks, Jason
Hello Jason,
Thank you for the response it’s a relief, I should still be able to meet up fingers crossed.

You're welcome. Anything further then please do let us know. Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
You're welcome. Anything further then please do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Hello Jason,
Sorry to bother you.
I have just seen that I would need Child benefit or tax credit statement to prove my children depend on me in order to get maintenance loan. I do not have any of that as I have never claimed any of those benefits.
I don’t want any delay for my tuition fees is there anyway I can make adjustments to my application and take the maintenance loan off and then apply for it later when I get my child benefit application sorted. Also I need those documents back to progress with my own admission processing and for the children I need all there birth certificates back so I can send it in support of the child benefit application I just made.
I’m so worried please help me!!
Also I want to ask if SFE would send the documents back immediately after scanning it or do they wait till after the application have gone through?
(edited 9 months ago)
Hello Jason,
Sorry to bother you.
I have just seen that I would need Child benefit or tax credit statement to prove my children depend on me in order to get maintenance loan. I do not have any of that as I have never claimed any of those benefits.
I don’t want any delay for my tuition fees is there anyway I can make adjustments to my application and take the maintenance loan off and then apply for it later when I get my child benefit application sorted. Also I need those documents back to progress with my own admission processing and for the children I need all there birth certificates back so I can send it in support of the child benefit application I just made.
I’m so worried please help me!!
Also I want to ask if SFE would send the documents back immediately after scanning it or do they wait till after the application have gone through?

Hi there, So we can request that the documents are returned to you please call us on 0300 100 0607 as the evidence of your children would be returned once the applicstion has been fully assessed. Thanks, Angela
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, So we can request that the documents are returned to you please call us on 0300 100 0607 as the evidence of your children would be returned once the applicstion has been fully assessed. Thanks, Angela

Thanks for your help, I got an email my documents have been posted. However I have a bigger problem now , I have been asked to proof my eligibility my ILR was issued in April this year , my other two BRPs that cover my immigration status from September 2020 have been destroyed and returned to UKVI as instructed. I rang home office and they said they don’t give any letter stating past immigration status, i believe SFE should be able to contact home office directly to confirm my status in the past 3 years. I’m sure people have had this problem before, How can I get to prove my past immigration status please HELP.
It is not fair when SFE is asking for what they know home office don’t give. I got my ILR through work visa route, so we don’t get any decision letter or anything like that on visas, we just get an email and a brp follows . Please what can I do to proof I have been here legally since 2020.
Thanks for your help, I got an email my documents have been posted. However I have a bigger problem now , I have been asked to proof my eligibility my ILR was issued in April this year , my other two BRPs that cover my immigration status from September 2020 have been destroyed and returned to UKVI as instructed. I rang home office and they said they don’t give any letter stating past immigration status, i believe SFE should be able to contact home office directly to confirm my status in the past 3 years. I’m sure people have had this problem before, How can I get to prove my past immigration status please HELP.
It is not fair when SFE is asking for what they know home office don’t give. I got my ILR through work visa route, so we don’t get any decision letter or anything like that on visas, we just get an email and a brp follows . Please what can I do to proof I have been here legally since 2020.

Hi there,

If you don't have the evidence, if you contact us to advise this we should be able to do a home office check.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending