The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8640
Just finished watching Nichijou. God was it funny, it was exactly my favorite type of humor. Stuff that makes no sense and people just trying to weird their friends out haha
Original post by xDave-
Was I supposed to have watched Death Billiards? Bit late now I'm thinking, we're on episode 11 tomorrow.

I didn't watch it either, but as far as I'm aware it's just another arbitration game.
Original post by Red Fox
I think the final episode was very nicely done, I agree that it was bittersweet. I kind of felt happy watching it but of course the underlying events were sad.

I haven't felt that hard since the end of WA2 and Golden Time.
Reply 8643
Ah, Saekano is amusing. It never fails to get a laugh out of me. Shame it's nearly over. On a side note, I was expecting Michiru to be introduced much sooner than now...
Anyone know when the next episode for Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is out?!?!? I must know :zomg:
Parasyte last episode was a madnesss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Binary Freak
Anyone know when the next episode for Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is out?!?!? I must know :zomg:

It finished on Thursday
Original post by JWH
Just finished watching Nichijou. God was it funny, it was exactly my favorite type of humor. Stuff that makes no sense and people just trying to weird their friends out haha

It is funny, isn't it :smile:.
Hi everyone, thank you for accepting me into this community.

I have recently accepted an offer at Greenwich to study a BA in Early Years education. Can't wait. Anyway about my Anime fixation.

I wouldn't say I'm massively into all anime, when I was young I enjoyed Akira, The Judge and Ghost in the Shell, the latter being my favourite.

I also love my Studio Ghibli, Spirited Away and Grave of the Firefly's brought me to tears.

Anyway, recently after a period away from Anime I stumbled upon Steins Gate. Oh wow. I mean seriously the series just blew me away and even an anticlimactic movie didn't ruin my experience.

From then I watched the series that are connected to Steins Gate, my favourite being Chaos Head which I could just pick up and watch anytime. There was a poignant quote that will stay with me for life during the last episode (I always watch in the original language and have subtitles).

"Words are chaos, and you are too straight forward. That is why you are beloved to me"

Beautiful.

Anyway I'm not big into things like Naruto but I have watched Tokyo Ghoul which I felt was average, Zankyou no Terror on the other hand was amazing.

My most humbling and emotional series has to be Welcome to the NHK. I fell in love with that show so much, I couldn't even put my finger on what compelled me carry on watch but it was something beautiful something real. I guess I could associate a part of myself with all of the characters somehow.

To conclude my post, the Anime with the biggest impact on me had to be Kill La Kill. It divided opinion but I'm firmly in the it's a masterpiece camp.
Original post by chezsu
Hi everyone, thank you for accepting me into this community.

I have recently accepted an offer at Greenwich to study a BA in Early Years education. Can't wait. Anyway about my Anime fixation.

I wouldn't say I'm massively into all anime, when I was young I enjoyed Akira, The Judge and Ghost in the Shell, the latter being my favourite.

I also love my Studio Ghibli, Spirited Away and Grave of the Firefly's brought me to tears.

Anyway, recently after a period away from Anime I stumbled upon Steins Gate. Oh wow. I mean seriously the series just blew me away and even an anticlimactic movie didn't ruin my experience.

From then I watched the series that are connected to Steins Gate, my favourite being Chaos Head which I could just pick up and watch anytime. There was a poignant quote that will stay with me for life during the last episode (I always watch in the original language and have subtitles).

"Words are chaos, and you are too straight forward. That is why you are beloved to me"

Beautiful.

Anyway I'm not big into things like Naruto but I have watched Tokyo Ghoul which I felt was average, Zankyou no Terror on the other hand was amazing.

My most humbling and emotional series has to be Welcome to the NHK. I fell in love with that show so much, I couldn't even put my finger on what compelled me carry on watch but it was something beautiful something real. I guess I could associate a part of myself with all of the characters somehow.

To conclude my post, the Anime with the biggest impact on me had to be Kill La Kill. It divided opinion but I'm firmly in the it's a masterpiece camp.

Welcome to the Anime Society, once again! I have to agree with you on Steins;Gate, Welcome to the NHK and Kill la Kill, they're three of my all time favourite series. :smile:
Original post by Red Fox
It finished on Thursday

What?!?!?!?!?! :fuhrer:

Unacceptable :fuhrer:
What?!?!?!?!?! :fuhrer:

Unacceptable :fuhrer:

Couldn't you tell it was the finale?:tongue: I mean what would they even do in future episodes from now
Original post by Red Fox
Couldn't you tell it was the finale?:tongue: I mean what would they even do in future episodes from now

:emo:

True.. But it was amazing!! They need more like it!!! God knows what I'll watch now :sad:
:emo:

True.. But it was amazing!! They need more like it!!! God knows what I'll watch now :sad:

'Twas very good. I can try to recommend something, any genre in particular?
Original post by Red Fox
'Twas very good. I can try to recommend something, any genre in particular?

Romance :colone:
I'm back to that :grin:
Romance :colone:
I'm back to that :grin:

Not a genre I watch a lot of apart from the obvious big titles I'm sure you've already seen. I'm currently watching ef: A Tale of Memories which I'm liking a lot but it's quite serious, not a romcom. I'll just wait for AngryJellyfish to come in and save me with some recommendations:lol:.
Original post by Red Fox
Not a genre I watch a lot of apart from the obvious big titles I'm sure you've already seen. I'm currently watching ef: A Tale of Memories which I'm liking a lot but it's quite serious, not a romcom. I'll just wait for AngryJellyfish to come in and save me with some recommendations:lol:.

What ones is it you usually watch again? :O

AJ usually has amazing recommendations :zomg:

I might just watch them all.. Page by page :colone:
What ones is it you usually watch again? :O

I might just watch them all.. Page by page :colone:

I mostly watch slice of life or sports with the odd action/romance. I like the Monogatari series but I have no idea what genre that's classed as:lol:, mystery/supernatural I guess.

Well he has watched every anime on this planet to be fair.
Original post by Red Fox
I mostly watch slice of life or sports with the odd action/romance. I like the Monogatari series but I have no idea what genre that's classed as:lol:, mystery/supernatural I guess.

Well he has watched every anime on this planet to be fair.

:rofl: some of the genres can be a little bit hidden sometimes :fuhrer: I sometimes wonder what genre they belong to not iong after watching it :tongue:

I've only just got back into it and decided to watch the whole series for Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Got started on Kimi Ni Toduke as well :grin:
Original post by Red Fox
I'll just wait for AngryJellyfish to come in and save me with some recommendations:lol:.

I'll try not to disappoint! :tongue: My top recommendations for romance would be:

Sakamichi no Apollon - which also has a music theme, like Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

ef - a tale of memories - fantastic animation direction in this series, and its sequel, a tale of melodies.

The Rose of Versailles - if you don't mind something a fair bit older, this is a classic! :biggrin:

Rec - short but sweet, and one of the first few series I watched.

Suki-tte Ii na yo. - A bit more realistic than most high school romance series.

Hopefully there's something there of interest, that you haven't already watched. :smile:

Latest