The Student Room Group

AS Level students, how many hours a day do you revise?

During Easter?
during days when you have school?
and during study leave?

also have you started revising properly now? and what techniques work best for you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rebeccar16
During Easter?
and during study leave?

also have you started revising properly now? and what techniques work best for you?

Easter: 6 hours - 2h per subject
College day: 3 hours
I don't have study leave
Reply 2
look yeah, people are probably doing around 6-8hrs+... what techniques work for other people may not work for you, but personally know all the content do past papers, know the mark scheme and look at the examiners reports to see where people went wrong.
During Easter?
and during study leave?

Posted from TSR Mobile

9hours.of revision a day for me.
Reply 4
I go for a shorter, more intense revision session. Maybe 3-4 hours a day of a single subject is fine for me, however others prefer to work for longer.
During Easter?during days when you have school?and during study leave?also have you started revising properly now? and what techniques work best for you?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile9hours.of revision a day for me.
12 hrs for me
Original post by Green ranger
12 hrs for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pff.9hrs is just the beginning for me.I'll ramp it up
Reply 7
about 4/5 hours, 45 minutes a subject with 15 minute breaks in between (unless I'm sitting a paper)
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR MobilePff.9hrs is just the beginning for me.I'll ramp it up
you need to. During may time, i'll be doing 18hrs a day.
Original post by Green ranger
you need to. During may time, i'll be doing 18hrs a day.

naaa.. you people are mad :s-smilie: here i was thinking my 10.5 hours was too much..

how the hell does one even do 12hours/day? let alone 18?

that remark must be a troll comment imo
I can see how hardworking you guys are now....:wink:
all my schoolmates just say, 'I can't do work at home at all'
don't know whether that's the truth in our school but Easter is a great time your 6/9/12 hours revision per day impresses &inspires me
This is so pathetic. Its school work guys, calm down
Reply 12
Original post by theDanIdentity
naaa.. you people are mad :s-smilie: here i was thinking my 10.5 hours was too much..

how the hell does one even do 12hours/day? let alone 18?

that remark must be a troll comment imo

I thought 6 hours a day was almost too much! I'm thinking of doing some days 6 hours and others 5, if I do too much (9 hours) I think I will be less likely to take information in. How many hours do you revise?
Reply 13
Original post by Pennyarcade
This is so pathetic. Its school work guys, calm down

I'm not sure if they're being serious about 9+ hours, but considering i'm awake for only 15 hours a day, i think 9 hours or more is slightly too much.

What do you think of 5-6 hours a day?

How many hours would you spend revising?
I'm not sure if they're being serious about 9+ hours, but considering i'm awake for only 15 hours a day, i think 9 hours or more is slightly too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually do do 9hrs.

The whole notion of asking someone 'how many hours..' is stupid. It all depends on how much you have done so far.
Reply 16
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually do do 9hrs.

How many subjects do you do? and do you spend an equal amount of time revising for each subject?

Maximum I would do is 7 hours, that's because I get too tired and put less effort in though.
How many subjects do you do? and do you spend an equal amount of time revising for each subject?

Maximum I would do is 7 hours, that's because I get too tired and put less effort in though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
4.The three sciences and maths.I try to.
Original post by theDanIdentity
naaa.. you people are mad :s-smilie: here i was thinking my 10.5 hours was too much..how the hell does one even do 12hours/day? let alone 18?that remark must be a troll comment imo
18-20hrs is fine
Reply 19
Original post by Pennyarcade
The whole notion of asking someone 'how many hours..' is stupid. It all depends on how much you have done so far.

Asking 'how many hours' is not stupid at all. I just wanted an idea as to whether I'm doing too much or too little. If you think this post is so stupid then go somewhere else :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest