The Student Room Group

HM treasury Policy Advisor Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Opera ghost
I've still not received my contract...had the offer over the phone early March...

Join the club!
Original post by ThePensioner
Join the club!

Glad to know I'm not alone -:smile:
Reply 142
Just a heads-up, I have just received a reply by email from the HMT's HR Department.

The correspondent says that, at least in my case, the vetting and pre-appointment checks will start after April. Thereafter, the contracts will be sent to us.

I think we can reasonably infer that they are focused on the April cohort right now. I guess we will wait our turn.
Is anyone yet to recieve neither an offer or a rejection? I've called them a couple of times and they've yet to provide a response. While I'm working on the assumption that I've not passed it would be nice to know either way.
(edited 9 years ago)
Was anyone else who received a rejection email told about going on a reserve list and does anyone know anything about the likelihood of being hired from that. Also, having difficulties arranging feedback, anybody had success with that?
Original post by nottheme
Was anyone else who received a rejection email told about going on a reserve list and does anyone know anything about the likelihood of being hired from that. Also, having difficulties arranging feedback, anybody had success with that?

Got the same thing about reserve listing. But I don't expect much to come from that. Probably more of a courtesy thing to be honest.

Been trying to get feedback too and Penna really isn't replying to my emails.
Sent one last week and another this week and getting no response whatsoever.
Anyone had any luck with getting their contract?
Reply 147
Hey, I know I'm a bit late to the party but I'm thinking about applying to this next year and was wondering if any of the people who have had offeres could share any information about the degrees/experience they had in applying for the role? I know they say that it doesn't matter but it'd be good to know if actually everyone applying has some sort of economics/finance background as I don't!
Reply 148
A bit off topic but what sort of career paths are open to those who work in policy at the treasury? I often hear about a 'brain drain' of talent away from HMT.

Where do these people go? Banks? Central banks? Regulators? Other financial services?
Original post by Wottle
Hey, I know I'm a bit late to the party but I'm thinking about applying to this next year and was wondering if any of the people who have had offeres could share any information about the degrees/experience they had in applying for the role? I know they say that it doesn't matter but it'd be good to know if actually everyone applying has some sort of economics/finance background as I don't!

I had a law background so I don't think it's just economics/finance backgrounds that they are looking for. When I attended their open day, they were quite clear that they look for people from diverse backgrounds so I don't think it plays a huge factor in the selection process. Just my opinion though!
Reply 150
Is there anyone who is looking to start in the September cohort and still haven't gotten any correspondence from the Treasury apart from the initial phone offer?
I got the phone offer in March and haven't heard anything from them since, not sure if I might have missed a letter/email?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 151
I was on the reserve list and now have been offered a range c job so its possible
Sorry to re-start this thread but does anyone know when applications will open for the next intakes?
Original post by Constant2015
Sorry to re-start this thread but does anyone know when applications will open for the next intakes?

Are you going to apply for the Fast Stream as well, or just wait for this to open?
Original post by usainlightning
Are you going to apply for the Fast Stream as well, or just wait for this to open?

I have applied for the FS. Got an email from my careers service that applications for this opened today though, so will apply for this in the next couple of weeks.
Reply 155
Hi all, I'm thinking of applying for the scheme this year and I'm wondering if any of the people currently in the role can help? Do you think they're only interested in recent grads or also those with a few years of experience? I graduated in 2012 with 3 years experience in the charity sector. Grateful for any thoughts!
I found out from a friend of mine that they were at our university's careers fair which I couldn't go along. I wish I had gone as I have so many questions about the programme and I can't go to the recruitment event being held at their office on 3 November.

Does anyone have any insight into the policy advisor role or the recruitment process for it, beyond what is on their website?
Is anyone going to the in-house recruitment event in westminster with the Treasury on 3 November? I'm trying to change my shifts at work so I can go, but worried I will miss out - would be good to try and find someone else who is going just in case I cant go.
Yes - I'll be attending the 3rd Nov event. I'm also hoping that work will give me the time off!
... and to follow-up on that, I'm sad not to be able to attend the FCA-BoE-Treasury event held today! But they don't treat applications on a rolling basis, so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about as long as we submit by the final deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending